Barack Obama is the 44th President of the USA

Kittamaru

Anywho, he's the official winner- McCain has withdrawn, and Obama has over 338 electoral votes.

Lets just hope he can hold up what he promised... and with the Senate and House both Democratic... he should be able to!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to point out how on CNN they had people who voted for him admitting the only reason they voted for him was simply because he was black....hmmm..if this is how the american people pick a president we are not in good shape

i just want to point out how on CNN they had people who voted for him admitting the only reason they voted for him was simply because he was black....hmmm..if this is how the american people pick a president we are not in good shape

BOO HOO

Of course the media is going to find people who say that

Most people are intelligent and vote for Obama because they feel that he is the better leader for our country

NBC just reported that according to exit polls the economy is the main concern people had in choosing their candidate

Edited by SC88Pathy

sadly yes it was a race battle and it would be ignorant to say it wasnt...being they published articles in my hometown of african american voters that were over 90 years old and had never voted before had to cast their vote for the obama b/c he stood up for what they were about but could not cite any issues. and now the news talking about "how big of a step this is for the black community and we can go to college now"

I wish powell didnt get ruined along his journey and would have been able to run

We would have had a long road no matter who is put up there but I think its going to get very very interesting soon and sadly I believe what my buddy's grandfather has been saying for the past 15 years or so has a good chance of happening and that is the rise of the 2nd civil war just from the economy and knowing there are some hateful people out there that will attempt to kill obama and may very well succeed not thinking about the repercussions of an entire nation it would cause by a minority of extremists. He did quote lincoln tonight and he was the only one on the stage which I found both to be ironic/odd

Maybe America will surprise me and all hell not break loose b/c there isnt going to be anybody to help us out as we have tried to do for others

BOO HOO

Of course the media is going to find people who say that

Most people are intelligent and vote for Obama because they feel that he is the better leader for our country

NBC just reported that according to exit polls the economy is the main concern people had in choosing their candidate

you are not even worth my time getting into a pissing contest...i hope he does turn our country around but nothing leads me to believe so

sadly yes it was a race battle and it would be ignorant to say it wasnt...being they published articles in my hometown of african american voters that were over 90 years old and had never voted before had to cast their vote for the obama b/c he stood up for what they were about but could not cite any issues. and now the news talking about "how big of a step this is for the black community and we can go to college now"

I wish powell didnt get ruined along his journey and would have been able to run

We would have had a long road no matter who is put up there but I think its going to get very very interesting soon and sadly I believe what my buddy's grandfather has been saying for the past 15 years or so has a good chance of happening and that is the rise of the 2nd civil war just from the economy and knowing there are some hateful people out there that will attempt to kill obama and may very well succeed not thinking about the repercussions of an entire nation it would cause by a minority of extremists. He did quote lincoln tonight and he was the only one on the stage which I found both to be ironic/odd

Maybe America will surprise me and all hell not break loose b/c there isnt going to be anybody to help us out as we have tried to do for others

EXACTLY...I would never wish such a thing on somebody but I fear it is a reality with the extremists...

That my friend is the most ignorant comment i have heard in a while (not saying you are and not trying ot make a personal attack but it is my view on that comment but maybe its b/c i grew up around those people that don't make intelligent decisions). It goes both ways in every political (whether it be national or in a middle school or high school) event, how can you relate to the candidate and depending on what it is, whether it was giving out candy or they were your friend who was against the cool kids and was the underdog or whatever...politics are never solely about the issues at hand

Now this is a stereotype although one guy does pick mccain but its an example of ignorance in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg...feature=related

I lived in NC and I remember when Richard Petty ran for governor (or some other important position) and damn near won b/c there are a buncha &^%*ing rednecks that were like ohh @!*% the king can run the state and I believe the same happened for Jesse Ventura and Arnold but they seem to be doing a decent job from what I see (being blind to day to day politics)

I'm pretty well educated and I voted absentee so that I could sit down with my ballot and go through and research everything to what fit me best...especially on all the propositions out here in CA.

I know lots of people who were born "democratic" or "republican" that will go in and vote a straight ticket and not have a clue who is running for what and what their views are and thats just how ignorant the general public is.

Seriously, I don't think if McCain won and happened to die in office, how would Palin have really done b/c I honestly don't know? She seemed pretty air headed but she must have some political brains to have qualified for the position.

[/soap box]

Edited by unccpathfinder

Democratic President, Democratic Senate, Democratic House...

Even McCain congratulated Obama with Grace and Dignity... and Obama did the same to McCain and Palin for their attempt.

He's a good winner... and McCain is a graceful looser.

I think if Obama holds true to work WITH McCain... then things will turn around.

:clap:

Is he what I wanted? No...

As I have said before, the two parties are too similar for my tastes; we need 6. And popular vote, none of this electorial vote crap.

That said, I have seen where 8 years of Bush-Co/republican has gotten us and it has not been positive in ANY metric. I say let the Demos have an equal chance to screw things up!! Can they do as well, or will the efforts of the nation foil their attempt? I'm guessing they are not strong enough to foul the waters any farther and will allow the country to regain some of it's internal strength. Bastages!!!

We shall see...

B

now Obama has to find the magic hat in which he will be able to pull out all the solutions for his promises of change. Time will tell but I guarantee he will be tested quickly by foreign factions.

I'm on my way down to the local walmart to buy ammo. Gotta stock up for when the compost hits the air circulation device.

AND WHY THE HE!! ARE TV STATIONS STILL RUNNING POLITICAL ADS?? IT'S OVER!!!!

It's so sad but true. Anybody that doesnt believe it look up "Matilda the Moocher" on a election brodacast on I beleive it was CNN earlier last night. I am not racist but the fact is that alot of African Americans came out and voted for Obama simply because he is black. I too hope that Obama does in fact turn this country around but I somehow doubt it will happen.

Obama isn't black.

WHITE (maybe PINK)

santa-claus.jpg

BLACK

amin.jpg

He is BROWN

908055-0939-it2.jpg

We live in a colourful world. Unless you still watch black-and-white TVs :tongue:

Edited by flnl

I have one question for the Americans on the board (the majority of you). Can he do worse then the previous regime?

My personal opinion, again, as someone outside your country, is that he'll be a good president, IF he survives. He seems to have the same charisma and intelligence as Kennedy and Clinton, and should curb the world's view that your country is run by a dumb redneck (Bush).

It would be sad, not just for him, but for the US as a whole if he is killed. It would set you guys back 100 years.

I have one question for the Americans on the board (the majority of you). Can he do worse then the previous regime?

My personal opinion, again, as someone outside your country, is that he'll be a good president, IF he survives. He seems to have the same charisma and intelligence as Kennedy and Clinton, and should curb the world's view that your country is run by a dumb redneck (Bush).

It would be sad, not just for him, but for the US as a whole if he is killed. It would set you guys back 100 years.

I'll say it again.... A far LEFT president,congress & senate combination is a bad thing.

Just like a far RIGHT majority would be.

We need to be in the middle & McCain had a PROVEN track record of not following party lines.

BHO does not.... He now has a chance.

If he's assasinated it wouldn't matter biden & paulosie are just as bad.

& as a dumb redneck F. U. with the dumb redneck comment.

When you become president & have to make some tough decisions like after 9/11 we'll

see how much this spineless U.S. population likes you.

Edited by jitterymonkey

LOL. Awesome. Another guy who believes that 9/11 had ANYTHING to do with Iraq. :rolleyes:

THINK before you speak, or (in Bush's case) start wars. :stickwack:

Also, the dumb redneck comment was NOT directed at you, or anyone else, other than Bush. No need for hositilities.

Edited by Simon

This is starting to get good!!!

I hope the mods do not lock this thread. I believe if we can keep it civil ( I know it's hard with this bunch including myselft sometimes) but I like to hear peoples opinions.

As far as bush goes thank god he is going, going, gone.

We also have to realize that just like Bush, Obama will in the end be a puppet for his advisors and the house and senate. Do people really think Bush came up with the idea of going to war all by himself????

We also have to realize that just like Bush, Obama will in the end be a puppet for his advisors and the house and senate. Do people really think Bush came up with the idea of going to war all by himself????

Absolutely not. But he's the one put in the position of power, and he's the one with the final say. Canada's Prime Minister at the time was advised by many to go to war in support of the US, but he had the testicular fortitude to say no. That, and he respected the UN's decision on the matter.

LOL. Awesome. Another guy who believes that 9/11 had ANYTHING to do with Iraq. :rolleyes:

THINK before you speak, or (in Bush's case) start wars. :stickwack:

:stickwack: Right back at Ya

Who said anything about Iraq being part of 9/11?

Yes,Canadians don't start wars. They just let the U.S. & England do most of the work.

WW1 WW2 & now the war on Muslim extremist.

I'll shut up now. Should have never replied to this thread. I don't want to get banned.

Right, so why did the US go to war with Iraq? Could it be because Shrub was continuing Daddy's war from years past?!?!? No.....couldn't be. Could it have been because he wanted control of the oil? No....couldn't be. It was because of the imaginary WMD's that Iraq had. Right....that's it. :rolleyes:

And seriously, you have an amazingly skewed "knowledge" of WW1 and 2. Canada's contributions to BOTH WW's were substantial, and were integral to victory in both cases. Do a little reading on the subject, you might learn something. :aok:

They ain't gonna ban you...

x2

Keep it civil bud. I'm not attacking you, nor is anyone else. Discussion is good, disagreeing is good. It's all in the way we play. :beer: