Spark plug count!

mws

What about the BMW? And doesn't the bug at least fire up?

BMW has no battery and wouldn't start without TLC and the Bug will start, but has a gas leak. That gives a whole new meaning to 'firing it up' so I didn't count it.

Total 60

Holy Crap, Art!!! Martin, start buying!!! :)

B

I have 6 in my pathfinder, but they're better than all of yours.

(why, because I said so, and I feel like being an ass about it) :D

12 in the XJ12.

12 in the carbed E-Type engine on a stand.

6 in the XJR.

6 in the XJ6.

6 in the Pathfinder.

4 in the CB700SC.

4 in the CB700SC's spare engine (can be running in less than 15 minutes)

50 total.

12 in the XJ12.

12 in the carbed E-Type engine on a stand.

6 in the XJR.

6 in the XJ6.

6 in the Pathfinder.

4 in the CB700SC.

4 in the CB700SC's spare engine (can be running in less than 15 minutes)

50 total.

Let me get this right... You have (4) Jag engines and you claim they would all run? At the same time? :huh:

That, my friend, qualifies you as a wrenching god.....

Let me get this right... You have (4) Jag engines and you claim they would all run? At the same time? :huh:

That, my friend, qualifies you as a wrenching god.....

It's easier than it looks.

The problem with Jags wasn't the engines or even the carburetion systems. It was (usually) the electrics and electronics. All of mine have their stock ignition systems. Sometime in the 70s, Jaguar told Lucas to stop sending them idiotic Brit-designed ignition systems - and Lucas complied.

XJ6, loose E-Type engine: GM HEI in a box with a Lucas label. Seriously. To the point where all the electronic ignition parts are from a Caprice except the box they're housed in.

XJR: Denso engine/ignition controls.

XJ12: Ford EDIS6 x2 ignition.

The 'R and 12 are in at least weekly use, the XJ6 runs but won't go anywhere since I blew up the transmission, and the loose E-type engine gets started once every few months.

ok Here it goes

Total 60

BTW Slick can verify this. as I am in Manteca

Art

ART! hahaha! yeah. i can totally believe YOU! lmao!

SHOWOFF!!

Let me see.

Hyundai 6

Pathfinder 6

Kia 4

Pressure Washer 1

Weedeater 1

Lawnmower 1

Boat 4

Total 23

where's the boat hiding?

yeah, why couldn't we have done this when i had 4 pathy's? *snort* i am ghetto fab now with just the 2...... *walks off to go pathy shopping*

ART! hahaha! yeah. i can totally believe YOU! lmao!

where's the boat hiding?

yeah, why couldn't we have done this when i had 4 pathy's? *snort* i am ghetto fab now with just the 2...... *walks off to go pathy shopping*

boat is hiding under the awning structure in the side yard/RV access. right in front of the 67 Elcamino that I will never get to.

Wanna trade? My 88 for it?

I could never get rid of it. I have the original bill of sale for it, the original owners manual and permaplate. and it has been only in my family. handed down from my grandfather to my mother to me. It needs tons of tlc, ohh yea and an engine. some dumbass that my mother was seeing thought it would be a great idea to bore the block 60 over. why would they even sell 60 over pistons.

Mark

I've got a stompin' and bulletproof FI'd 383 (w/vortec heads) with an ultra stout TH700 trans that may be looking for a home....

Not "stock", but will almost bolt in (assuming trans would fit) and produce way more torque and power than any period engine. And get you well over 20 mpg in an el camino.... With the O/D and locking TC in the trans, over 25 on highway would be easily achieved.

some dumbass that my mother was seeing thought it would be a great idea to bore the block 60 over. why would they even sell 60 over pistons.

Mark

:omg:

There is over bore due to wear and over bore to eek out every bit of power the engine can muster....30 over is usually the max one needs due to wear, 60 is stupid unless you plan to slap a blower on it and 1/4 mile it only.

Pathy = 6

Lexus = 8

Mower = 1

Gray area:

Vette = 8 (inherited from her dad but I wrench on it)

Corolla = 4 (company car, but still sits in my driveway everyday)

Count = a weak 15 or a respectable 27, depending on what the definition of is is.

What year vette? Please not a c4 :ill:
All original '77 C3 with 49k miles. Needs paint and a few odds and ends, but very nice for a 30 year old car. I'll be tearing into the paint work once it cools off down here. FL summers can be brutal in the garage. Then maybe a top end kit to get a few more ponies under the hood. Edited by jj big shoe

Pathy 6

Acura 4

mower 1

weed wacker 1

chainsaw 1

generator 1

generator #2 1*

*technically in running condition, but with a leaky top-mounted fuel tank yet to be replaced. See the Precise mention of "fire off."

Suddenly I feel... inadequate. Maybe a wee bit of plug envy.