At least Toyota dealing with their rust issues, Nissan sucks!

zack1978

this again? my god zack if you maintained your truck as well as you say you did over it's entire life, why did you not address the frame rust as it was happening instead of leaving it, waiting 'till it goes to sh!t, and then b!tch about it and scream lawsuit? If you maintained it so well, tell me when you last checked the thickness of the frame with a hammer prior to noticing you had cracks and holes? because years ago when i bought my 95, i checked it out before i signed for it. I'm in the epicentre of ghostpath's rust map, and mine is originally from quebec. I researched the truck and made sure the frame was good. I left it for the next 5 years and oil sprayed it twice before i had to have a few patches put in. I caught the problem early enough to save it.

We have 4 pathfinders in our family (two 95's) and mine is the only one that had a few small holes on the frame and in the body. The other two are in great condition for their age. (98 and and 01). I would never trade my truck back for kbb value if nissan offered too. I think they are only listed at 4-5k and my truck is worth way more than that to me.

If you think the grass is greener on the toyo side, quit whining and sitting on the fence, and sell the pathy, because i bet a lot of toyota owners think the same thing about the nissans. quit b!tching and go buy a toyota instead of stirring up sh!t here. Stop posting topics, asking a million questions that a haynes manual would answer if you would just pick one up. God, I will mail you one for free if it means you won't start topics, get everyones help, and then be a jerk and rarely every give us the benefit of a followup or how you fixed the problem.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

oh and undercoating sucks because it usually hides the rust unlike painted metal where you can instantly tell if it's corroding and needs resurfacing.

OK, OK, OK. Quit giving the guy crap about rust and Toys. He stated his case, you can agree or disagree, but let's try to keep the atmosphere at least a LITTLE friendly, OK?

Bottom line, Nissan is NOT going to be interested in taking back 13+ year old vehicles that got rusty. Toyota is only doing it with 95-96 and ups, which is the year the problem stopped on WD21's.

I'm very sorry if your frame rusted out, I don't blame the owner unless it's needed, and if it helps any, I see tons of wrecked Pathys in the junkyard with nearly no rust every time I visit. The 89 I bought had lots of rust, my '88 has only surface rust. Go figure.

my 1990 has lived in PA since 1992... we use more road salt than any other state I have seen! It's PATHETIC! They salt before, during, and after the snow... then they plow, salt, and RESALT... just to try to prevent refreeze... moot point when it's near 0, but meh

And she has no frame rust...

why?

Wash, Pressurewash, and undercoat...

Three "magical" things that stop all these shenanigans...

edit by 88, thank you for listening when I asked people to be nice...

Zack, you fail at life.

Go find a large cliff, park your truck beside it, and throw yourself off.

my 1990 has lived in PA since 1992... we use more road salt than any other state I have seen! It's PATHETIC! They salt before, during, and after the snow... then they plow, salt, and RESALT... just to try to prevent refreeze... moot point when it's near 0, but meh

And she has no frame rust...

why?

Wash, Pressurewash, and undercoat...

Three "magical" things that stop all these shenaigans...

^^Chan user..... :shiftyeyes:

Don't ride zack too hard, sure he may be a little ticked that the truck he bought NEW is rusting out, but he's already got it fixed, so what's the point of b!tching and complaining about it?

I think, zack, that you ought to look at the future, and invest in some rust proofing, either have it rustproofed at a reputable place (metropolitan, or KROWN), or POR15 that frame. Your truck will last a hell of a lot longer that way.

There are rusty Chevy owners across the internets laughing at this thread... :/

Zack, you deserve whatever flaming you get for posting a title containing the words "Nissan" and "sucks" in sequence.

Perhaps you forgot which forum you're posting on?

Just washing your truck alone isn't enough to stop it from rusting. oil spraying it would have kept your truck looking brand new all these years. I don't think nissan is to blame here. i don't know why more ppl don't krown/oil spray their trucks, it's the cost of a few oil changes, it keeps your nuts and bolts from seizing and the truck rust free.

shame on you for buying a brand new car and not oil spraying it...

Edited by skrillz

I will say this.....All automobile makers have thier own issues. If you buy any vehicle, hopefully you spent the time researching it and knowing what you are getting into. Is Nissan going to buy back our rigs? Probably not. Is Honda going to buy back the vehicles that have distributors go out all the time? Probably not. How about all the Dodge products that have to have numerous transmission and engine issues, but still sell well? How you deal with your own vehicle is up to you, no one else. Oh, and I have a quick compairison for you all.......

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...odel=Pathfinder

VS

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...p;model=4Runner

Oh yeah, the toyota engine issues didnt go away with updated parts. I know lots of people who have replaced headgaskets over and over again. Just my 2 cents.

I will say this.....All automobile makers have thier own issues. If you buy any vehicle, hopefully you spent the time researching it and knowing what you are getting into. Is Nissan going to buy back our rigs? Probably not. Is Honda going to buy back the vehicles that have distributors go out all the time? Probably not. How about all the Dodge products that have to have numerous transmission and engine issues, but still sell well? How you deal with your own vehicle is up to you, no one else. Oh, and I have a quick compairison for you all.......

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...odel=Pathfinder

VS

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...p;model=4Runner

Oh yeah, the toyota engine issues didnt go away with updated parts. I know lots of people who have replaced headgaskets over and over again. Just my 2 cents.

I just sent those links to every nissan hating toyota *** i know!

I have never ever had any mechanical gripes about my Pathfinder! Simply put that part of the truck is 100% perfect! My only gripe is the frame rust. Go to www.carsurvey.org, and find the 1995 Pathfinder section, all rotted frames.

Zack

I have a 1990 se which started life on the carolina coast (Isle of Palms SC) and has been mine since ....ummmm.....2001'ish........

only rust I have found is on the chrome tip I bought for the tail pipe years ago. damnit now what am I gonna do?????!!!!

Should I sue Autozone? or just go spend another $7 and get another one.

decisions decisions.....

I have a 1990 se which started life on the carolina coast (Isle of Palms SC) and has been mine since ....ummmm.....2001'ish........

only rust I have found is on the chrome tip I bought for the tail pipe years ago. damnit now what am I gonna do?????!!!!

decisions decisions.....

Sue, then have them give you over blue book value for the tip and make them replace it with a tip that is treated for corrosion.

decisions decisions.....

:rolleyes: LMAO... What you didn't have your tip rust protected from the dealer when it was new?

i got my pathy used and it was from the mid west...ohio originally but ...i just used some flat black spray can and called it a day. i've had my pathy for the last 5 yrs ... just add alittle more pathy and go on.

:rolleyes: LMAO... What you didn't have your tip rust protected from the dealer when it was new?

I'm writing a very angry letter to Nissan right now. VERY angry.

heck I dont know how many people have owned my ride before me.

I've had it since 2001, and just NOW replacing the brake pads for the first time since I have owned it.

Suck it up!! Everything rots. Last year before the winter i replaced the driver and pass. side of the frame on my '95 SE. By far the worst frame rot i've seen on a pathy or just about anything. It takes minimal time to fix.

I also have bad rot at the rear bumper part of the frame. I have a friend who owns a steel fab shop, he was kind enough to cut me 2 pieces of C channel at 4'' to slide inside my frame at the rear and drill 2 new holes for my bumper mount bolts. All it takes is minimal brain cells to figure out a solution. Dont have a friend with a steel fab shop.. try a store like Princess Auto.

Go to www.carsurvey.org, and find the 1995 Pathfinder section, all rotted frames.

Zack

So what, you are complaining about a 13+ year old vehicle. If you had a truck under 5 years, I could see there being a true gripe on your part. If there was rust at that point, then it is your own stupidity for waiting to cry about it. After 10 years, if any modern built vehicle is on the road in good operating condition, it is truely a miracle or a lot of hard work of the owner to maintain it. So, here is my advise; fix it, or sell it.

Edit by 88: CIVILITY, PLEASE