wow... 10 dolla

Nissyota88

I think you're asking more of "can it run off of air" right?

*Mine runs of of hopes & dreams*

my mom said right before i bought it from her "theres a 8gal reserve on it"

i called bs cause thats like half the size of the tank :shiftyeyes:

very true...mine always worked...except for the day I pushed it and was going to fill up if it came on...never came on and ran outta fuel

that's how i found out mine quit working. it used to get semi regular workout. :)

that's how i found out mine quit working. it used to get semi regular workout. :)

If im that low, mine flashes slowly, and then once it gets really low (one time i had it that low) it stayed on. When I filled that time i still had 2.5 gallons left :crazy:

Easiest way to tell how your gauge works: get it to the E line or until the dummy light and then fill it all the way up. Almost all 87-95 Pathys (in the US at least) came with ~20 gallon tanks. That'll give you an idea of how well it's reading. Personally mine works as it is supposed to. Get it to the E line and it's about a 17 gallon fill. Wait until the idiot light flickers and it's about an 18 gallon fill.

Edited by SC88Pathy

my mom said right before i bought it from her "theres a 8gal reserve on it"

More than likely your gauge reads low, as mine and most do. 8 gallon reserve is pretty funny though. I don't think I have ever put more than 17 gallons in the 20 gallon tank but thats filling it up when (or before) it hits E, not waiting to see when it will stall on me...

B

Mine has to be reading wrong, i used up that 10 dollar from yesterday and just put in 20 :shiftyeyes:

gas2.jpg

More then double the amount.. hmmm

20 gets you more than it gets me these days :angry:

My gauge read correctly for the first 1/4. Then when I hit 1/4 left in the tank, My tank is half full, when it hits E I still have 1/4 left in the tank. I can drive for about 45-50 miles with it on E before my light comes on. I have actually removed my fuel pump unit when the gauge was reading 1/4 and when it just started to hit E to verify how much gas was in the tank. As long as it does not get any furthur out of wack I will always know how much gas I have in the tank. (except when I am reading E but then I look for the fuel light)