Recently tested a magnetic gas saving device

FUELER

Sounds like we're in for some good info pretty soon. Thanks for accepting the task mws.

Can anyone verify that this device is actually two neodymium magnets in a plastic case? If so, maybe it would be worth it to try a parallel type test with ordinary cheap neodymium magnets so if it actually does work we can expose a likely ripoff artist and save everyone some cash at the pumps.(Sorry, I still can't get over the $150 price tag.)

Gentlemen, if you want to increase your mileage use a common sense approach: slow down, tune your vehicle,

check your tire pressure and don't carry unnecessary weight.

I maintain that those magnetic gizmos are bogus.

You may get a placebo effect by adjusting your driving behavior to fit your expectation when you install that device.

I don't care if it's called Fuelmiser, Fuelmax or what ever cleaver name they come up with, they don't work.

Save your time and money.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/fuelmax.html

follow up:

I offered to test the product but I would not pay for it. At first he did not want to do that because he does not know me, has never met me and he just did not want to give the product out for free. After a few discussions, he relented and sent me one unit for me to test.

Our agreement was that whatever the test showed, I would publish. All I had to do was follow accepted test protocols.

Why not choose an independent, certified testing lab. There are quite a number of them? :shrug:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17907

Why you're selling it? :shrug:

• 7 months later...

x6...??????????? even a drunk me wants to know...

MWS you out there? ehh?

i may just buy a dougnut mag and run the fuel line thre the center lol

can only cost a few dollars and is woth a few @!*%s and giggles ya?

my results will be way off casue Im thinking (with low gass prices) of running premium an 9 or less timing to go with it.

Edited by MY1PATH

our business is about wholesaling loudspeakers. we have contacts and one i wnated them to send me a really big neodmium magnet.

I installed this magnet very similarly to those fuel saver devices.

It is not told what i have done, and i gave my pathfinder to my dad to drive home. he told me that if i installed a new filter or new engine oil, car was accelerating better. and

I drove it for 1000 miles and i felt that everything is same.

There is a principle behind it, and similar devicas are attached to constant speed engines such as generators. but a modern car engine is controled by a computer which is eager and tend to adjust its setting to predefined values and ratios. Once i disconnect the battery and and after 5 hours i installed a new battery. It consumet %27 more fuel for two tanks. Then returned back to normal. Everything was same. But consumption was higher. Probably it readjust itself.

So if engine program is for to adjust all values according to sensors, fuel air ratio will be "ideal" accordign to factory presets. when i install a magnet to make fuel burn better, it again tries to adjust something. If adjustments are affecting more variables than we think, we may not get an increase on MPG even we can loose it. But this does not mean these principles are not working. There are diesel public buses here in Turkey, in some cities they are equipped with similar devices and in average it is reported that they save little fuel. It stopped working on my pathfinder, this is another story.

Edited by KLL