Game On!

mws

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i'll play devils advocate. I think you should approach them and discus the incident with them. You can't be sure without a doubt it was them firstly. Secondly, responding without first approaching them on it would be just as cowardly as they might have been calling the police without talking with you about it first, if they were the ones who did it. People are funny. For all you know, it could have been another neighbor using them as as a screen. You never really know another, your lucky if you even know yourself fully lol.

Then, depending on their response, retaliate with vengeance. But the reality is, you may have to live with them, and your actions for a very long time, and these things can escalate to ridiculous proportions. My grandmother to this day brags how she had a problem with neighborhood kids tipping over her precious flower boxes at the end of the driveway. So, being the wacko that she is, she eventually lined the rim of the boxes with razor blades. I can still see the cheerful gleam in her eyes when she tells how she could follow the trail of blood to their doors. If it happened today, she'd be in jail. Hell, she probably should be.

So anyway, turn the other cheek, win them over like you believe you have your other neighbors, and all will again be well. Seek trouble, and it will find you.

So, being the wacko that she is, she eventually lined the rim of the boxes with razor blades. I can still see the cheerful gleam in her eyes when she tells how she could follow the trail of blood to their doors.

that is crazy...i'd slap a warning label on it to the effect of "WARNING flower boxes exhibit an anti-tipping function that could result in severe personal injury and/or death. For you safety do not tip."

Truck is hitched to trailer. I will be towing it to work every Wednesday, which puts me in full compliance with parking regulations.

Oh, and just to be thorough, I will re-park at the end of my property for the next week. That puts it 20 feet back from where it was before, showing it clearly was moved. Unfortunately, that will actually put it in their line of sight from their house. I feel terrible about that...

If I read correctly, parking on the street is not an issue. Leaving it for extended times is. Public street, right? Park it in front of their house. As long as you move it weekly, you're legal.

If I read correctly, parking on the street is not an issue. Leaving it for extended times is. Public street, right? Park it in front of their house. As long as you move it weekly, you're legal.

That is correct.

Parking it in front of their house is being reserved for level 3 escalation! Hopefully we will not need to go there.... I sooo hate to play games. But if I am forced to, I will. And I will play fair and reasonably respectfully. But if I am forced to play, I will play to win....

Damn, there are some funny suggestions here!! I'd just suggest that you make sure you have the right target first, then proceed... The point is to minimise 'bad' and much activity on your part and maximise effect. Play it low until you are SURE you have the right people, then proceed with some of the more droll suggestions. Parking to be annoying is top on the list.

Catch up on local regulations and report any infractions dutifully.

You know you can buy skunk essence, right??

Imagine...

I'll save the ammo until you are sure you know who the enemy is... B)

B

buy skunk essence, right??

its not as potent and washes off a lot quickly...the real thing would be better....stuff the dead skunk down the vent tube then the tennis ball to seal her all up

:ill:

you probably shouldnt do that but it would be funny...but you could throw a dead skunk under their house if theres a crawlspace...

its not as potent and washes off a lot quickly...the real thing would be better....

True, but the key here is ease of application and handling, not to mention aquiring....

I'm sure Martin would appreciate if you hand delivered the deceased olfactory irritant personally, to the neighbors... ;)

B

not that I have ever done this ;) but a 22 gauge 1 1/2 inch syringe slips nicely through the door seals and could provide an avenue to get a healthy dose of skunk scent or deer urine into cloth seats

Or right before a really hot day put an even coat of pea soup (yes pea soup) all over the windows of one of their cars. My wife and I were walking through the neighborhood and walked up on a VW passat that had this done to it. Well the sun had baked it onto the windows. We continued our walk but walked back by the car and by this time the owner (a yound good looking girl) was attempting to hose it off but it was not working too well so she was also scraping it with a windshield snow scraper. It just looked like a PITA.

One word...(ok, it's a compound word...) Superglue. :itsallgood: Should I start a list of interesting things you can do with it? Glue the windshield wiper to the windshield. Glue their front door shut. Glue hair to their doorknob. :stickwack: I could do this all day. :chairfall:

Ugh, I hate neighbor conflict. The Mexicans living in the house at the end of my alley have a cousin or uncle or brother living with them who likes to drive at an idle through the alley past my house late at night with his Mexi-Funk® music cranked. Did I mention he drives drunk and tosses bottles out the window too? The police can't do anything cause every time I catch it happening he goes in the house and blends in with the other 14 Mexicans living there so they can't tell who was driving and nobody there speaks English...

Hmmm. Wait till they leave for a weekend, go up on the roof at night and cram a tennis ball down every sewer vent pipe. Or a racquetball? I forget what fits. I know! Pop the tennis ball, that should allow enough flex to be stuffed down in. :D Auto-farting toilets, anyone?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...h&plindex=6

you can try somthing on the lines of this :itsallgood: some of the stuff this guy does is going to get him killed one day!

Edited by bigfisch1191

Week 2 status: Status quo remains, silence reigns.

I drove the truck and trailer to work for a day and parked back in same spot - so I am 100% compliant with parking laws. No nastygrams or additional graffiti on the tires.

Will do the same this week. I am certainly hoping this is over... Their call!

A couple of drops of vasoline on their windshield. If they hit the wiper blades the world is gonna get really blurry really quick! :laugh:

Don't go there on this one. I've had it done to me, got between a couple semi's on the freeway and then hit a downpour. Instantly blind and damn lucky we weren't killed. That led to its own vindictive run for sure, and trust me, he gave up.

My usual response: Meh, not me in the car.

I would just park it in front of their house and move it every few days.

Do you have a female dog? If so let it pee on their lawn.

If it comes to making a mess, I'm fond of oatmeal. A couple of those big Quaker tubs, or just hit the bulk foods section. Nice and cheap. He'll wonder what he white stuff is, then usually try and spray it off with a hose. Oatmeal + water = goo. ;)

Of course, the diplomatic move would be first. Some subtle hints about how long you've lived there, and who all you know, should hopefully get the point across that its probably not worth pissing off a whole neighborhood over something stupid when they're the new guys on the block.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

yo... for fifty bucks, you can probably get my buddy Vinnie to come out there and torch the place. For a C note, he'll make ti look like an accident

:lol:

Oh I know, play really really loud music until just before whenever noise ordinances take affect in your city (it's 10PM in Santa Cruz).

I'v got a song guaranteed to drive them insane (you'll probably want ear protection or perhaps go on a long walk, it's a VERY annoying song).

Edited by SC88Pathy