Game On!

mws

Oh I know, play really really loud music until just before whenever noise ordinances take affect in your city (it's 10PM in Santa Cruz).

I'v got a song guaranteed to drive them insane (you'll probably want ear protection or perhaps go on a long walk, it's a VERY annoying song).

If it is like here, the ordinance is distance/decible based. Basically because of all the ghetto thump idiots, now they can bust you if you make any noise, of any sort, at anytime that is over 100decibles at 100ft.

My sister-in-law got busted with it for mowing the lawn. Her neighbor worked nights, so his wife called the cops on her for mowing the grass in the middle of the day!!! :wtf:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree on the WTF on that one... That's at the core of the issue here - why call and involve police officers for trivial BS like this? That is NOT what they are for.

If I was in the night working neighbors shoes, I would walk over and offer to mow the lawn for her during a mutually agreeable time...

Week 3 update: Still moving weekly. Still parking in street. Still no new graffiti from the parking police. The more I think about it, the more I become determined that I should NOT move it, even if I have the opportunity. A friend offered that I can park the trailer in her driveway. I turned her down for now. While I would prefer that for security reasons, at this point, I just can't. That would send a message to the new jerk neighbors that these tactics will work in our neighborhood. Huh-uh. That is unfair to all my other cool neighbors - as who knows what the jerks will make up as their next "crisis of the month".

Unfortunately, we will be taking the rig to the Oregon Dunes for a full week in early August. Anybody got something UGLY I can leave in the street while we're gone? Don't want them to get false hope....

Edited by mws

If it is like here, the ordinance is distance/decible based. Basically because of all the ghetto thump idiots, now they can bust you if you make any noise, of any sort, at anytime that is over 100decibles at 100ft.

My sister-in-law got busted with it for mowing the lawn. Her neighbor worked nights, so his wife called the cops on her for mowing the grass in the middle of the day!!! :wtf:

That's BS. Does she have the stock little muffler on the mower? FFF-em!!! A day sleeper has no special rights against those of the regular active community. Common courtesy is nice, but this is ridiculous. Are the rest of the neighbors supposed to deal with midnight mowings?

as a person that works graveyard and has to sleep during the day, there is absolutely no reason to get the cops involved in anything like mowing the f-ing lawn. sure it does suck sleeping during the day but you can't put the world on hold just so you can sleep. that is BS.

I am also working night currently, I would never complain about my neighbors who are on a "normal" schedule. It is fun however to sit out on the front porch on days off drinking beer and waiving then off to work

That's BS. Does she have the stock little muffler on the mower? FFF-em!!! A day sleeper has no special rights against those of the regular active community. Common courtesy is nice, but this is ridiculous. Are the rest of the neighbors supposed to deal with midnight mowings?

It is BS, but also the law here. Her mower is un-altered. They were in a rental, they've moved since (a few blocks away). Neighbor across from them in the new house (also rental) asked her boyfriend if he could push his truck to the end of the street (3 houses down)before starting it when he goes to work at 3am. :wacko: He has a stock Dodge full size (gas).

They chose to live in a more snoby end of town, the people there think they can tell everyone else how to live. I think some people even feel it is their duty to do so.

Edited by GrimGreg

go to walmart and buy the cheapest plastic forks they have. It's like 500 for $5.

In the middle of the night, drop the forks all over their front lawn, and make sure thery are spread around. It is hard to clean these up, as you have to pick each one up individually. rake doesnt work well.

You can also buy some other things, if they are cheap. A few pairs of cheap childrens underwear will greatly add to the weirdo effect.

Or you can do what I do.... get a friend with a high power RWD vehicle, 5.0 mustang works great, and spin some rubber in his lawn at about 3AM. Try to project some of his lawn and dirt onto his house and windows. Then leave quickly.

BREAK SOMETHING!

h11.jpg

Edited by FUELER

Oh I know, play really really loud music until just before whenever noise ordinances take affect in your city (it's 10PM in Santa Cruz).

I'v got a song guaranteed to drive them insane (you'll probably want ear protection or perhaps go on a long walk, it's a VERY annoying song).

is it flogging molly?

Yeah, I agree on the WTF on that one... That's at the core of the issue here - why call and involve police officers for trivial BS like this? That is NOT what they are for.

If I was in the night working neighbors shoes, I would walk over and offer to mow the lawn for her during a mutually agreeable time...

Week 3 update: Still moving weekly. Still parking in street. Still no new graffiti from the parking police. The more I think about it, the more I become determined that I should NOT move it, even if I have the opportunity. A friend offered that I can park the trailer in her driveway. I turned her down for now. While I would prefer that for security reasons, at this point, I just can't. That would send a message to the new jerk neighbors that these tactics will work in our neighborhood. Huh-uh. That is unfair to all my other cool neighbors - as who knows what the jerks will make up as their next "crisis of the month".

Unfortunately, we will be taking the rig to the Oregon Dunes for a full week in early August. Anybody got something UGLY I can leave in the street while we're gone? Don't want them to get false hope....

you can borrow my pathy, nice and rusty!

• 3 weeks later...

:rant2:

OK, I had finally calmed down and was no longer thinking retribution for the BS parking complaints. I continue to be in full compliance with parking regulations and have had no more nastygrams from parking police.

Friday I get home and I have a nastygram from the city building inspector! Something about an illegal structure....

Spent an hour on the phone with him and and a guy in the planning department this morning. Evidently "somebody" filed a complaint about a storage shed alongside my house. I spoke to them very calmly and professionally.... What is the issue with it? I think it boils down to the fact they had to take action on the complaint. The shed is built really nice - so it blends in nicely with the house and property. Maybe it looked too nice to be just a temporary storage shed and he was assuming it had to have been attached to the house or on a permanent foundation to look so good? After explaining the construction and dimensions, the inspector is now thinking it was and is fine and meets all codes.... In addition, he is going to work with me to close the complaint and get a note in the file saying as much to avoid any future complaints and BS.

And yes, the shed was there well before the a-hats moved in.

Trying to remain calm....

The only thing keeping me from going off is the knowledge that the a-hats have now cried wolf to the police and the building inspector and are rapidly gaining a reputation they will regret when they need a favor or help.

But dagnabit... KNOCK IT OFF! Everybody has their limit. Keep poking and you will find mine.

Talk with any of your neighbors? They might have gotten some visitors also.

Guess the new neightbors are going down the line of BS to use. Maybe they should have bought a house in a neighborhood with a strickter House Nazi Commission, ....I mean Home Owners Association.

I'd be at the store buying pigs blood already.

Yes, the neighbors across the cul-de-sac received $75 tickets after "someone" complained about them for parking perpindicular to the curb.... This is a bloody cul-de-sac and everybody has parked like that for years! It is a quite large cul-de-sac and it was not blocking anybody in any way... Sheesh...

In the middle of the night, 'fetilize' their lawn with fetilizer, and no water.

I a few days, they won't have a lawn! :ohno01:

Or better yet, write "Parking Snobs" with the fertilizer on their lawn... very catchy! :lol:

I am an Ex police officer, and I have had to deal with people that are just like your new neighbors, just remember if you do do something to them don't get caught then its not illegal. I think all the stuff that has been said is funny as hell. See how many more people on the block have gotten complaints, and in my professional opinion would be to talk to them calmly, and ask if they are the ones complaining or had complaints on them they will most likely say no. And most complaints will stop after that I did the same thing with one of my neighbors, and have had no complaints to date. Or maybe that is just because I was a cop, and they think I know all the cops in the state.

If it does come to VANDALISM(misdemeanor) then I would go with the salt nothing will ever grow where the salt has been; unless you take all that dirt out and put new dirt in, and you have to dig deep to get it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Ya you could go with arson that will get them to leave for sure.

It would be pretty amusing to come out in the morning and see their stuff covered in molasses, huh. Vehicle, lawn, walkway, whatever. Especially if ants or other such critters are common in your area. Hmmm...

Hmmmm... turns out the shed complaint was a different neighbor - next door to the parking nazis.

Suddenly I don't feel quite as willing to tolerate the noise of her gaddomned yapping POS mutt... I've been tolerating it for years as it at least wasn't allowed to run free twice a day and sh!t in my yard like some others . But surely quite a bit more annoying than a storage shed in my side yard.