Hit A Deer!

DJ Dank

Hey whats up gang! Hit a deer last night on the freeway going 75mph! The bugger was on my side just barely out of the range of my lights. It had made it across two lanes of opposing traffic It popped out and the driver side front corner of the bumper smacked the deer in the chest or front region and spun its A$$ around and slammed into my door. Pulled over and realized my left turn signal had cracked and the fender piece on the bumper had ripped off. The front corner of the bumper plastic had inverted about the size of a softball. And whitetail hair all over the bumper. Had to finish the deer off...

This morning I wake up and see deer guts and crap all over my door and I see a couple of minor dents from the deer's A$$ smacking into my door. I got super LUCKY going that fast and slamming into it. Only thing really needed to replace is another clear turn signal.

Glad to hear that damage was minimal and you're okay.

I've heard some real horror stories involving deer being hit. Here in Houston there are parts of town where the deer are out of control and you just about can't drive around at night very fast. No hunting in the city, so they over populated like crazy.

Glad it worked out OK for you as I know a few who have hit deer and had their cars totaled.

But we all know how tough our Pathies are, right? :itsallgood:

Edited by Trainman

DJ...

Hes Hunting for a Pezzy Bumper now....

Glad your safe...

Finishing off, ya thats no fun... Knife, Tire Iron, Hatchet, Glock and the old fashion way.... your Bare Hands.

I think we should start a poll with the fallowing options:

Pocket Knife

Tire Iron

Hatchet

Scissors jack

Collapsible shovel

Branch

Ran Over it

Shot it

Tow Strap (use your imagination)

Jumper cables (once again.. use your imagination)

Flare ( not responsible for what your imagination come up with)

I will stop there :)

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

Too funny...sorry its been so long for a reply. Been a busy holiday weekend. Not even worth posting pics. Two dents about the size of a soft ball and a small indentation on the bumper about the same size. I've already replaced the clear turn lens and life goes on.

As for the deer....LOL...Its funny because it was only a matter of time before I'd hit a deer living in Montana and right by Yellowstone Park. I dodge dozens of deer every day. I've always wondered how I would handle "finishing off" a deer if I've ever were in that situation and everyone out here has been in that situation. Thats why everyone carries their rifle with them. If I didn't have anything I was thinking maybe backing over it or something...lol

It was dark and when I went to examine the deer, it was still breathing. Breathing pretty hard. I felt like $hit. The only thing I had was this old rusty dull Rambo knife in the Pathy that I meant to throw away but never got around to do.

rambo.jpg

I felt like Rambo at one point because when I got closer to try and slit its throat, it jumped up and tried to take off and I had to jump on it and pin it down. Its two front legs were broken...not a pretty sight or memory. My girl wanted nothing to do with it but was freaked out when I had blood on my hands. Not easy working with a dull rusty knife. :deadhorse:

Edited by DJ Dank

Ugh. Getcha a nice Cold Steel knife, they're f'n AWESOME for edge retention and strength. I had a Recon Tanto for quite some time but dropped it once, snapping a good 3/8" off the tip. :(

I vote for a Kabar.... my brother once tried the rusty knife thing on a deer he had shot, it's not pretty... After that he bought him self a real knife :P

-Mike

Good on you for easing it's misery. I'm not sure how many people actually care enough, and are sincere enough, about wildlife to do that anymore. People talk a good story, but seem to be getting rather, well, pathetically wimpy.

Edited by mws

Tell me you made some venison summer sausage out of that bugger. The mennonites around around here jumped on the deer my older brother hit a few years ago. Glad to hear you and the missus are ok

Edited by skrillaguerilla