What do you always have with you?

NismoSkyZ

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeping bag, blanket, extra shoes/socks, sweatshirt, stocking cap, couple 20 oz water bottles, small tool set, duct tape, extra oil, machette (to deter theft) fire extinguisher, extra fuses, tow chain (not for me, of course, for the other dumbass) two mag lights with extra batteries, teri towels, Purel, first aid kit, some snacks (crackers, granola bars, etc) and rubbers.

Edited by HydroCeramics

• 1 month later...

Small Blue Box

- 2 2" 25000LB recovary Straps

- 2 3/4 Shackels

- Leather work gloves

Clear Toat

- Fire Extinguisher

- 50Feet 450Lb breaking strength rope

- 4 packs of waterproff watchs

- 3 Roadside flares

- 2 6" glow sticks

- 8gauge booster cables

- assortied zipties

- screw driver set

- ratchet set

- cloth gloves

- 7hour hand warmers

- first aid kit

- thermal sheet

- assortied coloured electrical tape

- 4 cell maglite

- 2 bic lighters

- 20'X20' Trap

Black Tote

- 2 2LB sleeping bags

- 2 person tent

- winter jacket

- rain suit

- extra shirts

- fat pants

- winter pants

- chest weighters

Med Clear Tote

- 2L of oil

- carb cleaner

- PB blaster

- Silcon lube

- shop rags

- rubber gloves

Med Clear Tote

- TP in a ziplock bag

- rations

- extra fist aid kit

- cotton gloves

- paper towel

- CNTC Call Out List

Loose In The Cab & Glove Box

- 3Million CP spot light

- Tire Iron

- 3 CD Books

- Extra relays & fuse's

- hunting Knife and pocket knife

- hatchet

- small flashlight

- paper & pen

- 250W inverter

still missing some stuff but o well

Edited by Nismojunky

Man i really feel unprepared...

Tool kit

WD-40

All the fluids, power steering, engine oil, tranny fluid, etc

Jumper cables

3 inch tow strap

2 inch tow strap

Vice grips

Fuses

Windshield washer fluid

Spray paint, white and black

Light bulbs

Hunting knife, pocket knife

Food

Mag light

I'm sure I have more, kinda hard to recite everything in the truck ya know

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ya all of the above for shure Im glad some one else carries super glue with them, when your stuck in the snow or mud and you get a nice gash and you start leakin vital red stuff it will act as a second skin! also works on the nagin girl friend just apply to lips and hold four 3 seconds :D and Oh ya the hand gun out hear in N.M. we have bears, mountain lions and banditos! aka drunk morons "better to have a gun and not need it then to really need one and not have it" :ar15:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I tend to be prepared for pretty much anything, which is kinda ridiculous given I live near a massive metropolitan area. But I figure if I'm trapped in bad weather on a hill in WV, I better have everything I need for 1-2 days on my own till I'm rescued or a hillbilly hits me on the head with a banjo.

All of these can be procured online for $5-$20 each except for the EMT kit (which was so expensive I blotted it out of my mind), the wind'n'go light/radio/cellphone charger ($40), the marine flares (you really only need 2 of these) and the axe (which was a mistake since you can get the same axe at Home Depot pretty darn cheap).

Light sticks - 12 Hour Regular & 30-min High Intensity

Marine parachute flares (Go up to 1000' high and burn for up to a few mins. Useful if there's a lot of tree cover; walk to the nearest patch of open sky and let em off. But for God's sake do NOT shoot straight up into the trees! :) )

Reflective safety vest

Regular flare gun kit

Colored triangle safety markers

Emergency reflective sleeping bag

Large body warmer and heat pads for sleeping bag

24-hour hand and body heat pads

Heatsheet 2-person survival blanket

Pocket saw

First Responder EMT medical kit + snake bite and wound closure kits

Backpackers Axe

$15 multi-tool, similar to a swiss army knife

Emergency camo tent (depends on where exactly I'm going)

Wind'n'go battery-less light, AM/FM/NOAA radio and cellphone charger

Push Button Air Horn (for bears, wolves or other hungry things)

Triple teargas/pepper spray (the District doesn't like guns)

MREs

100' parachute chord

Strike anywhere wood matches

and a partridge in a pear tree... :)

Hope this helps.

BTW, when I say you only need 2 of the marine flares, that applies under specific situations. In my case, given I have communications gear, standard flares and so on, the marine flares are backups and I think that for me 2 is enough to give a rescue party time to see me. My pack has 4. The quantity you need will totally depend on your situation. Also, the marine flares typically burn for up to 40 seconds. Meant to write "up to 1000' and more than a few seconds".

You guys mean on the trail/ trips right? That is a lot of stuff to carry around if it's your daily driver :ohmy:

Can't speak for the others but a lot of my items are pretty light and small or fold flat. Got 'em from army surplus and survival stores, which put a premium on portability. I pack pretty much everything into a backpack and leave it in the back. That also allows me to abandon the truck and head for the nearest station in case, God forbid, it becomes necessary to use the pack.

Re: amount of stuff. Here are a couple of pics of my survival pack. It contains everything in my list above, including a couple of items I probably wouldn't actually leave in the pack. E.g., 4 parachute flares, which are the single heaviest item and which I'd probably use 1 or 2 of before heading out. I keep it secured in the middle of my Pathfinder, so that in case God forbid I'm rear-ended or back into something I don't get a flare up my you-know-what. :)

For reference, the tire in the pic is just over 30". Pack weighs about 25 lbs, would be a bit lighter in an actual situation. Does not include tent, which is a separate item.

SurvivalPack1.jpg

SurvivalPack2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Im currently carrying

1 fire ex

1 blanket

a foldout shovel and 1 long handle shovel

tool box

wires

tape

knifes

spare tyre

air compresser

lighters

CB radio

spare warm jacket

small first aid kit

a steel jerry can (never gone that far to use it)

what i want to get

hi lift jack

recovery straps

increase my first aid box

flat tire repair kit

water container

im sure there is more lol

its easy. i carry a small first aid kit case the kids are crook. only so the dingo's dont sick when they eat them......

but full recovery gear aswell. so i can pull out the odd hilux or jeep....... yep its a jeep thing. only wankers understand....lol

all I really need is the recovery strap to drag me out to the street and my AAA card to get a tow home. Oh, and a few bucks to tip the driver.

Can't speak for the others but a lot of my items are pretty light and small or fold flat. Got 'em from army surplus and survival stores, which put a premium on portability. I pack pretty much everything into a backpack and leave it in the back. That also allows me to abandon the truck and head for the nearest station in case, God forbid, it becomes necessary to use the pack.

Sounds like you have everything you need to wait for someone to save you and not so much for you to save yourself... :shrug:

B

Sounds like you have everything you need to wait for someone to save you and not so much for you to save yourself... :shrug:

B

Ha! I didn't include the tools, winch, recovery straps and so on that I assumed everyone carries. These are basically meant to allow me to trek to the nearest ranger station. The flares and stuff are in case I've broken something and can't really move.

:beer: ahhh yes! all the other stuff here is important... but beer can make you forget you are even stuck or stranded.... ignorance is bliss in my mind!!!

but in all seriousness.

If i'm out, barring a catastrophe (engine, tranny, t-case..)

I carry spares and tools to fix anyting on my rig.

If i'm out alone or on an exploration adventure.. I carry stuff to cook and sleep with.

i have a whole bunch of ham and cheese hot pockets in my ARB freezer AT ALL TIMES

i also have a small SANYO microwave, plugged into a AC/DC transformer

great for traffic jams, you will always have a hot meal ready in the form of a HOT POCKET

• Like 1

i have a whole bunch of ham and cheese hot pockets in my ARB freezer AT ALL TIMES

i also have a small SANYO microwave, plugged into a AC/DC transformer

great for traffic jams, you will always have a hot meal ready in the form of a HOT POCKET

:rofl:

Are you being serious ?

Even if you are, the way you put it is just hilarious.

In my truck right now I have some washer fluid, a power inverter, ATF fluid, and booster cables. Oh and a screwdriver in the glovebox. I rarely wheel and I'm always in the city....

I used to carry a socket set but when I was frequently crossing the bored i was told to remove it because it could be considered a weapon.

Edited by adamzan