What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Started it for the first time in like 4 weeks,Cleaned out the trash and later on tonight might fill her up. Been driving the gfs honda civic better mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Re-set the torsion bar height. Pulled apart the front end , removed all the uca spindle shims except the ones in the front to increase caster angle. Set up the balljoint spacers to set proper camber on each side. Re-centered my steering shaft since my 2wd swap tie rod threads were uneven on each side. Put it all back together. Viola!

Pathy rides like a dream again and im sitting at about 3.5" front suspension lift. Still have over an inch of space between the upper bump stops and ucas. The front articulation is bloody amazing now for IFS. Goes over uneven logging roads at much faster speeds now without feeling anything. Just need to make some shock spacers for the bronco II front shocks cause they are topping out at the last 1/8th inch of shock travel.

Now I just need to do the diff drop bushings, UCA bushings, and LCA bushings and the front of this truck is 100% complete.

finally got time work on my new pathy replaced the floppy door mirrors and replaced the orig clarion speakers with some nice sony units. got and installed a yamika short roof basket, installed a uhf antenna. gave it a good vac and put my new bissel little green to work on the headliner, carpets, door cards and seats they came up well. on a sadder note i started wrecking old blue im going to keep most of the trim and accessories etc and send the rest to a u pull it next week :(

Re-set the torsion bar height. Pulled apart the front end , removed all the uca spindle shims except the ones in the front to increase caster angle. Set up the balljoint spacers to set proper camber on each side. Re-centered my steering shaft since my 2wd swap tie rod threads were uneven on each side. Put it all back together. Viola!

Pathy rides like a dream again and im sitting at about 3.5" front suspension lift. Still have over an inch of space between the upper bump stops and ucas. The front articulation is bloody amazing now for IFS. Goes over uneven logging roads at much faster speeds now without feeling anything. Just need to make some shock spacers for the bronco II front shocks cause they are topping out at the last 1/8th inch of shock travel.

Now I just need to do the diff drop bushings, UCA bushings, and LCA bushings and the front of this truck is 100% complete.

Wanna do mine now :lol:

I know, right? Getting the front end all setup after over 3" of suspension lift is a bit of an art form lol. No fun doing the job but does it ever pay off.

If you weren't 3000+ km away then i would help ya for sure! Lol. Gottahelp support the Canadian pathfinder scene . Lol

I found a guy on ebay that makes 1" balljoint spacers for 4x4 hardbody trucks which as we all know are the same as our trucks. Difference being that he only charged me 50$ including shipping to Canada, where 4x4parts wanted like 180$ after shipping! Absurd.....

Flush the cooling system and changed over to an electric fan. It now takes forever for the truck to reach half temperature and never goes over.

Mine never goes over half way after I replaced the fan clutch.

Truck is for sale, you need a 4 door, keep saying that, "I need a 4 door, I need a 4 door" LOL

• Like 1

I know, right? Getting the front end all setup after over 3" of suspension lift is a bit of an art form lol. No fun doing the job but does it ever pay off.

If you weren't 3000+ km away then i would help ya for sure! Lol. Gottahelp support the Canadian pathfinder scene . Lol

Well I may be driving out there in the not so distant future... :lol:

I found a guy on ebay that makes 1" balljoint spacers for 4x4 hardbody trucks which as we all know are the same as our trucks. Difference being that he only charged me 50$ including shipping to Canada, where 4x4parts wanted like 180$ after shipping! Absurd.....

I have a set of spacers that someone on here gave me a while ago. I was going to install them but I am kind of paranoid about adding something like that.

I have my set of UCA's from 4x4 parts that I bought on here to install, maybe I should just be happy with that lol. Damn passenger side t-bar is seized to the adjuster and keeps coming out of the LCA when I try to remove it.

Aw man, that's a bummer. Torsions can be a real pain to work with. Tried soaking it in pb blaster for a couple days and then hitting it with the MPS gas torch?? Just a thought.

You moving to the west coast or just going for a trip?

Aw man, that's a bummer. Torsions can be a real pain to work with. Tried soaking it in pb blaster for a couple days and then hitting it with the MPS gas torch?? Just a thought.

You moving to the west coast or just going for a trip?

A trip. But last time I was on that coast I was there for a month :lol: One of my friends moved out there last year. When I go I'll let you know.

I have one of those little yellow bottle torches, but scary using it right near the fuel lines lol.

Edited by adamzan

I have a set of spacers that someone on here gave me a while ago. I was going to install them but I am kind of paranoid about adding something like that.

I had 2 or 2.5" BJ spacers in the 4runner, never had an issue (and could leave the torsion bars relaxed and had a pretty level height to the Land Cruiser coils). Never had an issue (and still gotta try selling them on yotatech or something). Now the Blazer I had 1" ones in and a BJ flip (they are normally mounted through the top of the uca) and within 2 weeks they destroyed the ucas... Though I can't confirm they wernt already hiding some weakness and the spacers just sped up the process of showing the weak link :shrug:

Pulled WhiteOwl out of the yard, back to driving him! Hopefully I can find a fuel doner... I really don't wanna pay for gas :lol:

I've been running the 1" bj spacers for about a year now and havent had any issues at all thus far. When I installed them I put a bead of "the right stuff" curing rubber on them so they would make a bit of a lock in bushing against the uca. No signs of movement , the beads are still undisturbed so I'm not too worried about them causing any damage. I've taken my truck out 6 or 7 times through the maintains now and everything is still holding up great.

Did a ton of diagnosing a locking up when cranking with fuel and spark issue. Came to the conclusion that an injector stuck open, hydro locked it, and bent a rod. Remove fuel or spark and it doesn't lock up. Locks up with a loud thud too. :(

So the only sensible course of action is... VG33 time!!!!!!!!! :D

Both my girlfriends and my own 1993 WD21's have vg33e's in them now. Best freaking thing ever to do to a wd21!! Really makes them come alive. Mine's an auto, hers is a manual. Both are fun as hell to drive now. LOL We both saw mileage improvements as well.

Yeah its a perfect excuse for me, been looking for one for a while. :lol: Sheitty circumstances to toast a 20K mile engine but that's life! Getting excited now, my buddy knows some one with a mint T3 sitting in a box...

Ooooo....shiny new T3.... perfect size for a quick response 3.3L setup.

I'm currently working on a custom turbo setup on my 91 240SX, but once it is finished, the truck is going under the knife for a remote mount turbo setup. Then I can still use my n/a headers for awesome flow and keep my engine bay space in-tact to run an aux. compressor for on-board air. Big plans, lol...but I will make it happen, I swear!

Pick-a-part in chilliwack, B.C. is where I got my last VG33E for my girlfriends truck.

When engines go on sale there, they are 139.99 for any gasoline engine in the lot. Picked up a lower KM (around 100k KM or 60K miles) out of a 1999 Pathfinder for 139.99. Such a steal. Their transmissions go for 50$ on sale. Can't beat the prices. It's the only thing I miss about living on the mainland of BC. Now I'm back to vancouver island though.

Edited by Nefarious