What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I bought the new sticker for my licence plates on Tues.(my birthday) so I put it on today and took it for it's last drive. Came home and pulled the plates off and parked it in my juck yard. I'm going to miss the truck but at least I can watch the rest of it rust away in the barnyard. R.I.P. (rust in pieces) to my Chilkoot. Sad day for me.

Can I come by and pick parts off it :lol:

Hey Adam let me know what you know what you're looking for. I have a '96 Hardbody as well that parts might fit yours. The Chilkoot has new exhaust, 31X10.5x15 Wranglers, front rotors&brakes all in the last 6 months. Lots of other good stuff.

Mine did its stall-instead-of-warm-idle routine again, which as usual cleared up after I messed with a few plugs. I figured I'd pull out the coolant temp sensors and clean them better, maybe clean a few other things up, check some wiring... :rolleyes: So of course I tore into the throttle body, the EGR, the vacuum lines, and a couple other things that got in the way.

IMG_0209_zps24409c99.jpg

I'm fairly sure the EGR valve is supposed to have threads there.

If I had to do that much work to get mine running well I'd probably junk it. Oh wait I did just junk mine and it runs puuurfect. To bad it has rotted away underneth. Does anyone want some new recall strut repairs? Mine will come off without tools. What a POS.

Fitted new front shocks, tomorrow is towbar install day, picked one up from the yard for $150, its class 4 (50x50mm hitch) and would have been almost $800 new so cant complain. Also picked up new front grill as mine is missing a few mounting point (has 2 left lol) and some rear seat headrests, were missingwhen i got her. Final job for tomorrow is new headlight globes.

Edited by Craig1902

I had no choice but to replace both tension rods as I broke the rear-most half of one off with the tool that I fabricated over the weekend. I ended up getting both sides done in about 3 hours with my way-too-wide tool that I had to pull on until it hit the torsion bar, take it off turn it around pull another 10mm take it off, turn it around and go at it again..... why didn't you tell me that it needed less than the whole socket length? And I'm just waiting on Canadian Tire to let me know when the DuraTracs are in so I can get them installed just before our annual product launch :friday::lmao:

Fired up the Pathy to move a dead '92 Dakota around the yard to prep it for rebuild. The Pathy, in 4-low, drug the Dakota around like it wasn't even there lol. I've got to get time and funds to get back to working on the Pathy again...

Started the new truck on it's diet this afternoon. So far it lost the weight of two rear seat bottoms, a set off running board/step thingys, a set of stick on convex mirrors and $3.78 in change from under said seats.

• Like 1

Took it out for its first drive after cleaning the TB/doing the vac lines. I'm not sure which one it needed, but something sure made a difference! It's still not the fastest thing on the road, but it pulls harder and what I thought was an exhaust leak is gone too. :) That made me happy.

Then I pulled into a parking lot and the engine forgot to idle and stalled out again. Stupid intermittent issues! Tearing into the IACV and the TPS tonight.

Replaced the ignition switch and all the locks with new ones from Nissan. The original ignition switch were so badly warn that you could start the truck without the key being all the way in the lock.

I can now say definitively that part number 99810-85P28 (for MY93) will work as a substitute for 99810-41G90 (MY90) - and possibly others, too. The plates on the back of the door locks look different, but still fit and work fine. Plus, it doesn't have the annoying button to release the ignition key (BONUS!) :aok:

The glove box lock cylinder is NOT a match - but it's still cheaper to get the set than the individual parts and then having to mess with getting them re-keyed to all match.

Before starting this morning, I made a quick run to the JY since they just got in an '87. Along with other stuff, I pulled the glove box lock so that I had one to fiddle with (before I found out the new cylinder wouldn't work).

It must have been fate, though, because the one I picked up is close enough to the new key that I can lock it! :jig:

Took it out for its first drive after cleaning the TB/doing the vac lines. I'm not sure which one it needed, but something sure made a difference! It's still not the fastest thing on the road, but it pulls harder and what I thought was an exhaust leak is gone too. :) That made me happy.

Then I pulled into a parking lot and the engine forgot to idle and stalled out again. Stupid intermittent issues! Tearing into the IACV and the TPS tonight.

I'm not sure the IACV would cause it to stall. On mine I've pulled the connector for the iacv a couple times and while it will idle poorly (and at like 350 rpm) it still runs. Doesn't stall. Have you looked into the maf sensor wiring? My old wd21 it would act up, wiggle the wires it was ok for a while. Then eventually it did it all the time and i had to get a new connector.

New grill from JY put on, old one was missing a few attachment points, and removed old (not working) thermos that were only still on because of laziness, job was a bit of a PITA as I really didn't want to remove the bull bar but at least it's done now

I brought the new truck home on Tues. and today I drove it through a house. I just can't have anything nice! Luckely it was just a Fisher Price playhouse but when it flew out of the bed of a truck I was about to meet on the hyw. it looked mighty big. Anyway the roof panels got jammed up under the bumper and in the passenger wheel well. Crunched up the bumper cover and peeled a bunch of paint. The owner said he wasn't going far so that's why he hadn't bothered to tie it down. Oh well at least he clean up the mess I scattered down the road.

I'm not sure the IACV would cause it to stall. On mine I've pulled the connector for the iacv a couple times and while it will idle poorly (and at like 350 rpm) it still runs. Doesn't stall. Have you looked into the maf sensor wiring? My old wd21 it would act up, wiggle the wires it was ok for a while. Then eventually it did it all the time and i had to get a new connector.

Makes sense, especially because the stalling is when it's warm! MAF plug and wiring look mint inside and out, but the plug does have a little wobble to it. Something to keep in mind at least.

It stalled out really badly today (while driving, not even at a light) and I pulled over to investigate. Turned out I'd forgotten to plug the EGRC solenoid back in. :rolleyes: That probably wasn't helping matters. My next test will probably be the oxygen sensor, though; a friend followed me over a pass today and said he was smelling dirty exhaust and seeing little puffs of smoke. :blink: That can't be helping matters either.