Arm got crushed!

govols74n

Well, here goes. Just finished installing uca's, installed JGC rear coils. I had my pathy on a lift and was getting ready to re-index my T-bars (even had them pulled out just had to pop em back in) when this dumb ass hill billy walked over and pushed THE button. Yes, he lowered the lift onto my arm, how he didn't cut my arm off amazes us all. Luckily I got out fast enough that the lift didn't crush my whole body. Anyway now that my rear is lifte just a bit, the pathy is sitting like a funny Japanese muscle car because my friend put it back together in a hurry while I was hardly enjoying my first ambulance ride. As of right now, nothing is broken, how? over 5000 lbs on my elbow....Dunno. Have no feeling in my right hand, (so this is takin 4 ever with 1 hand), I am in a cast and the doc has me on vicadin so I am felling pretty good. Hopefully I will heal so i can finish this easy ass project! so so frustrated....my wife said that the first thing i asked about in the emergency room was "Does the pathy look like it sits a little higher?" and they all yelled at me to stop worrying about my truck......lol

Edited by govols74n

I was at a doi it your self auto craft shop by the way, and the guy just came up to see if I wanted some help and leaned all of his weight on the "lower" button, which is pressure sensitive, so the harder you push the faster it drops, he didnt realize that he hit the button but damn it hurt....i was trapped under the lift for about a minute or two, so they say....i kindof blacked out from the pain and awoke in an ambulance.

sounds like it time for a good 'ol hillbilly asskickin!

I agree, at least an ass-suing.

The body is amazing sometimes what it can withstand and not break, just hope the feeling comes back for ya.

my wife said that the first thing i asked about in the emergency room was "Does the pathy look like it sits a little higher?" and they all yelled at me to stop worrying about my truck......lol

:lol: sounds like something I'd do

But seriously, ouch dude, hope you heal up well!

:D Really glad to hear you are ok things could have been alot worse. And that hill billy does not need to be around heavy machinery. I would be really pissed. -argue- P... That is just one of those things like my mom used to say it is not you i am worried about it is all the other idiots out there. but seriously hope you get better soon .

wow. i am sooo glad you're ok. hope you heal soon and when you do go kick that idiots ass. (or just drop a lift on him) sly glad nothing got broken. the body is an amazing machine :aok:

I'd sue the shop for not having any kind of safety cover on the "lower" button or valve. That should be a real gimmie, it's completely unsafe, as you can see.

I hope your arm works out allright, man. Do your physical therapy as much as you feel you can...it works, I promise. If you can find a good lawyer to represent you, I think you'll get paid rather well for this one. Lucky you, huh? ;)

The body is amazing sometimes what it can withstand and not break...

lol, and then some of the really easy stupid things you do & break bones!

I'll second that notion of physio, I never kept up on mine, and have a nice little limp to remind me of my laziness.

Hope you heal up quick!

Personally I'm against sueing, however in this case I'd at least threaten some sort of legal action. But I'd try to settle it out of court no need to jam up the legal system with another lawsuit.

Man you are lucky for sure. That guy does need an A$$ Kicking... heal up finish the Pathy and take care of the idiot!

Wishing the best of luck on getting full use and feeling back :aok:

GrimGreg Posted on Mar 8 2006, 08:28 AM

QUOTE (k9sar @ Mar 8 2006, 09:06 AM)

Invite the idiot over to help you. Have him crawl under the pathy and yell... "Your Turn!"

That sounds like fun...

Glad to know you are safe.