Post your first car pics

navygz19

Thought it might be fun...Though I don't have any originals, I DID find some lucky devil on the internet who happened to have the same model/color/etc. It was a 1979 Volvo DL Wagon, my Mom's hand me down that she had for 18 years till she got, instead (ironically) a '97 QX4 (that's what got me hooked on Pathy's :-) ) Complete with a 4 spd manual, AM Radio w/ one speaker on top of the dash and 107 blazing hp. at the crank. Oh yeah, and a posi traction rear-end which worked WONDERS in the snow. Here she is though:

momv1.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is mine, taken in 92 next to it's parts pig

scan0001.jpg

78 BMW 320i, still have it actually, but it's not looking so hot these days sitting at my mother's farm with weeds overgrowing it.

Geez that one on the right is sexy sly

ok. this is as close as i could get.. i really must scan the pics of my baby...... 1986 Nissan Bluebird.. brand spankin new .... red.. with much better rims than the one pictured.. 4 door, 5 speed, 1.9LX gawd i LOOOOOOOOOVED that car -bounce-

BTW: i was living in england when i bought her :aok: she was basically the US version which was the stanza... but i prefer the name "bluebird" anyway.. sounds posh :rolleyes:

Edited by Slick

you said "posh"...lollers!

I agree, Bluebird>Stanza.  What the hell's a Stanza anyways?

your guess is as good as mine :blink:

STANZA. Stanza is a unified group of lines in poetry. Example:. Return to Literary Term Page.

(google search for "stanza") :huh:

Edited by Slick

your guess is as good as mine :blink:

STANZA. Stanza is a unified group of lines in poetry. Example:. Return to Literary Term Page.

(google search for "stanza") :huh:

Right. Seems Nissan wasn't too concerned w/ giving it a fitting name :confused:

Armada...well, that shoe fits the foot just fine.

Pathfinder...no explanation necessary.

Frontier...well, COULD KINDA see where that came from.

XTerra...X-Games, etc. etc etc...goes along w/ the lifestyle I suppose!

Maxima...not too sure

Sentra...That's a lame one (I used to have one as well)

Quest...it's a minivan, it set's out on many Quest's w/ the family in tow (it's a stretch)

Stanza...unified group of lines in poetry? not sure how that fit's the car, looks more like a little "bluebird" to me :P

Here's I pic I robbed that is as close to my first car that I could find, the color was the same until I painted mine black to make it a REAL chick magnet :D

1974 Pontiac Ventura 4dr, 350 2bbl, not much more to say about it :rolleyes:

post-25-1139593227.jpg

see sig for my first ever car. which has since been purchased from my parents in aug/04

see very first PURCHASED car (the mitsubishi) attached below. purchased 7/01...on my 18th b-day

post-25-1139597255.jpg

Edited by DSM_guy

46_1.JPG

Not the right color but right vehicle an 88 Ford Taurus. Mine was brown. With brown leather. And brown carpet and brown dash and brown headliner. That really describes it, brown. I totaled it only about 6 monthes or so after I got it.

This isn't mine -- but its close -- 1983 Olds Toronado w/ 5.7 350 Diesel Motor.

830wt.jpg

Bought it from my uncle for $500 (more than I got my pathy for! :D) with 270K miles on it. Was a sweet car -- top speed of 85 going down hill, but 35mpg!

My first car:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185429

The infamous '65 Ford Fairlane

Remarkably similar, but blue with chromed wheels and the fattest rubber I could stuff. And a honkin' 302....

Great car for the time (except the front suspension!), but parts were a pain. That is the only American car I know that was in production for a grand total of one year. The '64 was different, the '66 was totally different. Most parts had to be adapted from a Mustang or hand built.

Edited by mws

And my first vehicle (about 4 years before I finally caved in and bought a cage...)

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kawasaki_kh_400_1976.php

WHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH... ta ting ting da ting ding ding..... Ba WHAAAHHHH ta tind ding ba ding ting... and NO mosquitos for miles around...

Ported, piped, 1/2 fairing, clubman bars, new rings every 5K miles, remember those days?

I had an ex gf back in the day that drove a Conquest. That thing was ballsy with its turbo 4cyl.

My first car was a 1986 Buick Skylark. Maroon. I called it "KIT" from Knight Ryder because it had the digital dash and speedometer. I thought that was SO cool. -alcohol-

655144_4_full.jpg

Edited by DJ Dank