How is this forum doing?

Sarom_ps13

I've been noticing all the forums are pretty dead due to Facebook. Theres so many groups on there now and everyone is moving towards facebook. I've noticed NPORA is also on facebook, so my question is has this forum experienced a decrease of activity and are you guys on the facebook group? what do you guys prefer?

I prefer the forum as the Facebook page is not as well organized, nor does it contain the information that the forum does....I absolutely do not see the forum as dead...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have been a member of a couple of forums that have "given in" to Facebook. Like Boot just stated, this forum is very organized and is user friendly thanks to the moderating team. Plus, I don't care to know any one's workout schedule or pics of their cars thermometer when it is hot out side.

• Like 1

I'm a 'member' on the FB page, I couldn't tell you 97% of what happens on FB period though. I only actually log in anymore to get rid of notificAtions I my phone or respond to a direct message. I'm here and staying here

why go to FB when all of the relevant info i need is stored here.

for people new to pathfinders any google query sends you here as well.

the only thing FB is good for is gossip, idle chit chat and storing bad photos sent from a wiggling phone.....wait that also sounds like the Poho section.

Screw Farcebook! P...

Realistically, how technical is Farcebook? It isn't, that's not the point or the mindset of the users.

The forum has slowed a little over time, but that is mainly due to people moving on for one reason or another and also that most Pathfinder problems have been solved and documented. This means that a savvy forum user (they don't even have to join) can search for answers to most questions/problems they might have and never have the need to create a post. Then there are the people that wish some interaction, join, post a thread in the members section and are active participants. With the constand influx of new Pathy owners, NPORA is not in danger of stalling out any time soon.

Google WD21. The first listing is Wikipedia, the second is NPORA Forums. That's got to tell you something... ;)

B

• Like 1

I have a Facebook account that I only use to send birthday wishes to a few relatives who use it daily. Other than that I have no use for it. NPORA forum is the place to be.

Apparently one exists, but I have never been there. Just can't stand facebook... I really don't care what everyone ate for lunch :shrug:

Mostly from what I have heard back about it, the FB page is a place for disgruntled and/or suspended people to go and whine about how "bad" NPORA is... then not long after they show up here again. I am sure it is more, but I seldom hear anything else about it.

Remember, here we can keep things in line with what made NPORA what it is, while on FB there seems to be little or no control over the user experience.

• Like 2

This is just the very best forum for pathfinder family and then some. Oh then there's the fact that if you have a problem with something else other than a pathfinder, you can still get help/advice. I could not be paid to get a F.B. account. Your welcome here to just look and leave without having to join. And you won't find a bunch of people cursing in their statements. I know for fact that you can't do anything like that on Facebook.....This is the best forum on the net, and you won't find anything else better. NPORA ALL THE WAY.. :)

Edited by Nissanland
  • Like 1

I use FB to coordinate stuff with friends, and now and then somebody posts something interesting. The stupid site updates and "What extinct marine mammal are YOU?" quizzes get old though.

It's just not the right medium for this sort of thing. It'd be like trying to put a tablet operating system on a desktop.

I am in the group on there, some of the people I recognize fro m here, others are just morons posting pictures of their hacked up junk and asking stupid questions.

Funny you mention that. I just went over there (didn't know about the FB page until this thread) and was amazed at the ignorance being posted. That page really should be moderated or deleted. Talk about giving "us" a black eye.

appart form the fantastic amount of knowledge stored here, I really appreciate the lack of advertisement here. The Nico club on the other hand, bombards you with adds all over the screen. I find this very distracting.

congrats to us for being civilized.

• Like 2

I really appreciate the lack of advertisement here.

That is not by accident! Since this is a free, public forum we have decided to not allow any advertisement other than Vendor accounts, and threads in the classifieds/ Services and Vendor sections. These account designations were created to recognize and support the people who contribute to and support our community in return.

You should never see any ads, banners or pop-ups here on NPORA. :aok:

Funny you mention that. I just went over there (didn't know about the FB page until this thread) and was amazed at the ignorance being posted. That page really should be moderated or deleted. Talk about giving "us" a black eye.

Makes me wonder who started it in the first place, and if it was sanctioned. Perhaps it was a Pezzy thing back in the day as she is the resident Staff Facebookaholic. :shrug:

B

There is a similar policy on another vehicle board I belong to and to keep it that way they sometimes solicit members for small donations in a no-pressure way to help with site costs.

I'd rather see this board go that way, if it becomes necessary, than junk it up with ads.

We have asked for minor monetary assistance before, and there have been a few unsolicited, generous donations as well so we are doing fine. The Administration has done an excellent job in sourcing cheap and reliable web hosting which helps as well.

Here has even been a time when specific members and/or staff have paid the bills, but I don't see that returning.

Thank you much for the consideration though.

The 2 admins on the FB group are Carri and Simon

Well, sounds like they need to step up! ;)

If you go on the FB page you can view the admins, there are only two....

I don't Facebook. :shrug:

B