Supercharged 90 2-door

254RWHP

• 1 year later...

Looks like Lee's setup (the L from L&P).

Lee's had a TBI sticking out the side of the bowler didn't he?

Whatever happened to this project? I've been trying to decide if I want to a swap but there are no turn key solutions :)

Its still in work; The 10:1 3.3 (in the picture) was never intended to be a blower build. I just slapped it together for a gimmick.

The VG34ER that I am slowly working on will be in there next...

Turn key solution? Just bolt it on and go. A stock vg33er is 8:1 and a +ER (na with a blower added) is 9:1. At a stock boost of 4 psi there really isn't anything to worry about (just dial your timing back to about 12 degrees at idle). The nissan factory tune on NA motors is so rich that they typically do really well with low output turbo and blower swaps because the extra fuel is already there. Also, a cam with more overlap helps keep things safe because it bleeds off a little.

Now my VG34ER will need tuning software because its going to be a 10:1 and probably with more than 4 psi of boost.

I don't think this one was Lee's, I have a video of his and the TB as My1path said was hanging over on the pass side, don't know who's this is:

2ynoz1s.jpg

30wvyxh.jpg

This was Lee's:

• 4 months later...

Here's mine. 94 vg30e, all stock motor 230+k last 30+k with s/c. Machined and welded (5 rib?) a/c compressor pulley to front of stock stamped steel crank pulley and bolted (ford?) auto tensioner to belt plate. Had to press snout pulley about 1/4" shy of fully seated to line it all up. Tapped and plugged extra bolt holes in collector plate for vg30 lower plenum and drilled missing front hole. Vg33 tb, Vq30de-k injectors and maf. Safc, wideband, obx 12:1 fmu, obx long tubes, pulley boys quick change kit 7&12 psi, 5spd conversion, and other crap.. I got the blower for free (warranty core) but had to rebuild it, and buy the elbow pipe and collector plate new. It was a budget build for sure.. as everything is.

0123012208.jpg

Catching alittle air:

• Like 1

Hey does anyone know what side feed injector really fits the vg rail? Assuming the er's fit but way hard to find and the vg33e's are not any bigger than the vg30e (flowrate). The maxima injectors i used are the same as most nissan side feeds. They fit in my rail just barely tight enough with new orings. 30k later, I am getting a bleed down and another set of new orings didnt seem to fix it. Was wanting to get a set that acually fit the rail in the 280cc range. I heard the older vh45 and vg30dett were different style but havent confirmed they were the larger body ones like ours..

I'm interested in this as well. The vg30 and vh45 injectors are 370cc. I believe they are the fatties as well but that will have to be confirmed...maybe check the z31 boards? Those guys would probably know better of different oem options for vg3Xe injectors.

I think z31s use topfeed. Not sure, but my m30 has weird top/side feeds and its a 91. Its actually at infiniti getting the old vg30 injector recall done right now.. they said the parts were almost not available. Im curious to see what the new ones will look like. I used to work for nissan but barely remember that recall and dont remember if they redesigned them to side feeds or what. I know its getting new rails and harnesses.