VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

I spent 20 minutes of my life (that I will never get back) trying to explain to this woman that she needs to take the part she brought into us in an Autozone bag with an Autozone brand box for the part that she bought at........Autozone back to AUTOZONE if it is not the correct part.

I believe we covered every possible variation of why I can not take the part back, can not give her exchange credit towards the purchase of the Nissan part, or refund her money on the part she has in her hand. It was a baffling twilight zone like experience.

ME: "So you bought this part at autozone."

HER: "Yes."

ME: "And you want me to refund your money to you for the part?"

HER: "Yes."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Phone call.......

Customer stated he needed a new tire for his sentra. I said OK and asked him what tire size he had on the vehicle.

He told me it is a 205/80/17.

Trying to be nice and diplomatic I said that doesnt come up as a tire size we stock and it doesnt sound like a good tire size was it maybe 205/50/17?

He said no it was 80 thats what is said on the tire.

I told him that we dont carry that tire and can not source that particular tire.

He asked where he could get that tire from. I am thinking in my head...NOWHERE.

• Like 3

Ranting......

This guy in NY ordered a part yesterday and I sent it overnight/next day. Fedex picked it up with the rest of the express packages.

He calls today and says he doesnt have his package yet and wants to know why. I look at this tracking information (that we both emailed and gave him over the phone yesterday). It says it was delayed due to bad weather. I tell him this and he says thats what his tracking number says and he is looking at it onthe FedEx website and wants to know why he doesnt have it yet. I am at this point confused. I tell him bad weather can delay things and there has been a long of winter weather lately. He starts in with me about it and it gets unreasonable and yelling and blames the weather on our company.

I get to the point where I tell him that "I do not control the weather. If there is bad weather they will not let the airplanes take off or land." He then tells me "that it is rediculous" and I tell him that he can "take that up with the FAA."

He then asks me why FedEx would ship it by airplane in the first place!!! I told him it is an overight package from Dallas to New York, they use airplanes for that service and he tells me that is also ridiculous and he has never heard of anything like that.

I really have to wonder, how do these people make it out of the bed and out the door in the morning. How do they make it by day to day??

• Like 3

If he needed it so badly why didn't he order it from his local Nissan deal?

But another reason, why i DONT miss retail, which is ironic because i'm interviewing for one tomorrow....

Still funny to hear these stories, keep them coming Rob.

-Kyle

Ranting......

I really have to wonder, how do these people make it out of the bed and out the door in the morning. How do they make it by day to day??

Pure Blind Luck .

My belief is that there are not enough large predators hunting humans anymore, thereby allowing the stupid to breed and wrecking our gene pool. Life is just too safe?

• Like 4

MY comment on global warming.

Today's historical high and low temps.

89F in 1904

14F in 1989

Weather experts agree that the average global temp. will raise 3 degees F in the next 100 years. I'd be happy if they could tell me how much snow I'll be getting tomorrow.

Edited by kdj

The limited production Nismo 350Z with the VQ35HR has four camshaft position sensors, one for each camshaft!

wow.

At $84 each that can add up fast!!!

We dont see many in here since it was such a small production run. IIRC we sold one of them back then. I never really realized it had 4 of those sensors on the motor untill this morning.

We also have a GTR getting a transmission replaced.

The crate for the new trans is huge!! I could be reused as a coffin.

I took a pic I will post later.

• Like 2

The limited production Nismo 350Z with the VQ35HR has four camshaft position sensors, one for each camshaft!

wow.

At $84 each that can add up fast!!!

We dont see many in here since it was such a small production run. IIRC we sold one of them back then. I never really realized it had 4 of those sensors on the motor untill this morning.

We also have a GTR getting a transmission replaced.

The crate for the new trans is huge!! I could be reused as a coffin.

I took a pic I will post later.

What was the yearly production for the nismo editions?

And thought gtr's transmissions were tailored to their engine. Also what happened to the original transmission?

-Kyle