VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

So I had an excellent phone call earlier with a guy I felt very bad for. He was calling about a new I-Key remote and door key for his Altima.

He stated he let his brother borrow his car, his brother got pulled over in it, arrested, and the police inpounded the vehicle.

It gets better: The inpound yard cant find the key and remote!

So he had to pay the inmpound fees, has to pay a tow truck to tow his car to our facility, has to buy a new key, a new remote and pay to have the key and remote programmed to the vehicle.

He said he was gonna 'kill his brother when he got out of jail'. I asked if he was going to bail him out and and he said HELL NO! LET HIM STEW!

• Like 2

So.....

Apparently it makes a very nasty mess when a large rat chews on your positive battery cable, shorts out your battery causing the starter cable and battery to partially melt, including partially melt the battery terminals, and fries the rat as well along with it in your engine bay.

Too gross and disgusting to take pictures of.

• Like 4

Tastes like chicken?

When I was a teenager, I fixed my dads Coronet after an engine fire when my sis was driving it. My dad had the hood chained shut so the fire department just smashed in the grill, stuck a hose in and flooded the engine compartment. The battery had burned until it was only 1" high; that was a fun one to clean up and repair...

B

Wow, and I thought the 'my brother got my car impounded' key and remote replacement phone call last week could not be topped......

Just spoke with an older gentleman about replacing a key and remote. I told him hs should talk to teh Service Department and get an appointment to reprogram the vehicle and he ended the conversation with:

"We are still trying to figure out what we want to do, its my daughter's car and they locked her up in the state mental hospital and won't let us talk to her to find where her keys are"

Wow, and I thought the 'my brother got my car impounded' key and remote replacement phone call last week could not be topped......

Just spoke with an older gentleman about replacing a key and remote. I told him hs should talk to teh Service Department and get an appointment to reprogram the vehicle and he ended the conversation with:

"We are still trying to figure out what we want to do, its my daughter's car and they locked her up in the state mental hospital and won't let us talk to her to find where her keys are"

:blink:

How do you go from being allowed to drive a car, to being forcibly locked up in a mental institute???

-Kyle

That sounds like a man nearing the end of his rope with a difficult situation, to blurt it out to a complete stranger. She must be an adult too since as a parent they would normally release her personal effects to them unless there is a crime involved. Wow.

I was informed by a guy that $12.50 each for a wiper blades was too expensive and that "wiper blades for his BMW M3 dont cost him that much at BMW"

I call BS.

Part Number Description Price Qty. 61 61 2 159 629

Wiper Blade - Set - includes left and right blades - Genuine BMW

$ 65.95

• Like 1

The "whine and complain about the price of something at the cashier AFTER I was informed of the price of parts and labor UP FRONT, signed off on the repairs and agreed to having it installed on my vehicle" tactic doesnt play well with me at all.

My mom just had some new exhaust parts put on her car, one of the cats and the y pipe to be exact. It's an 05 maxima. They also changed one of the o2 sensors as it broke off when they tried to remove it...I was the one who took it in and they quoted 1500 with parts/labor/taxes. Found it steep but agreed to have it done as it is damn cold here and space on that car is tight. When I went to pick up the car, it was a different guy working there and he said how much did they quote you? I said around 1500 all said and done. He tells me, well they forgot to put the price of the y pipe in that quote...He was apologetic and told me that he couldn't do anything but the manager would be in tomorrow (I was picking up the car in the evening). After looking at all the receipts for the parts, and the labor invoices, they gave us 200+ tax as a refund, and we got 3+ hours of free labor...Was initially extremely pissed off but they handled it well and mistakes happen. But they certainly didn't make any money on that job.

Gonna be a fun day today! So far we have had two phone calls. <sigh>

At least starting next week we will get all the coliision repair orders from the body hsops and insurance companies for the collisions that will take place.

http://www.wfaa.com/weather

Updated today at 9:01 AM

A WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR ALL OF NORTH TEXAS INCLUDING THE DALLAS/FORT WORTH AREA FROM THROUGH 6 P.M. TODAY.

TODAY: Light freezing rain and sleet through mid morning. Total sleet accumulation up to 4 inches. Then cloudy and cold this afternoon. Winds: N 15. High: 29.

FRIDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy skies and cold. Wind chills in the single digits. Winds: N 10-15. Low: 18.

SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and very cold in the morning. Then a chance (30%) for light sleet and freezing rain in the afternoon. Winds: N 10-15. High: 27.

SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy and cold with a chance for sleet and freezing rain (30%). Winds: NE 10-15. Low: 22.

I still have trouble believing that some people can't install wiper blades themselves. The only exception, in my mind, are the Mercedes Monowipers, which even after observing on our W124 for years, still can't figure it out.

I still have trouble believing that some people can't install wiper blades themselves. The only exception, in my mind, are the Mercedes Monowipers, which even after observing on our W124 for years, still can't figure it out.

When your bored go take a look at the vacuum operated door lock system.....my buddies was a diesel so they installed a vacuum pump :blink:

Edited by Inyourface1650

A lot of Volkswagens are the same at, even the gassers. They're supposed to be quieter. Yeah, maybe the lock plungers themselves. It the pump isn't and that sucker will run the battery dead when a line springs a leak!