VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

This email might have made my day......I love auto correct.

Message Date: 03/14/2014 2:20 PM

Subject: exact specs on catholic converts and Core

what are theexact specs on catholic converts and Core for my 05 xterra off-road 4X4?

Former protestants?

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 2

Co-worler had this one first thing this morning at the front counter:

"I need the sensor for the Check Engine Light."

:rofl:

That shows a profound, indepth comprehension of the diagnostic system! Should have sold them a spark plug...

B

• Like 2

Hmmm...

We had delivered on the car carrier this morning a new 2015 Premium GT-R.

The 2015 Nismo GT-R should be here soon.

YOU HAD BETTER POST PICS OF BOTH!!!!!

Pretty please, :laugh:

Edited by ferrariowner123

Hi Rob I was wondering if you ship to Canada? I'm going to need some things if the weather ever warms up here.

Yes we do as long as the USPS will accept it (as far as size and weight)

• Like 1

It is like a Kafkaesque parts hell.......

87450-CA69A

87450-CA69A has been replaced by 87450-CA69B

87450-CA69B

87450-CA69B has been replaced by 87450-CA69A

• 2 weeks later...

A real nice guy called this morning looking for the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 2004 Nissan Patrol with a TB48DE engine. (nice!)

It is his brother's who lives in Costa Rica. He said there is one Nissan dealer in Costa Rica and they wanted $400 for the two hoses.

He gave me the vehicle VIN and I pulled it up in the system to see if we could get the hoses, which we could not in the US. So I gave him some leads to find them.

After he got off the phone I took a look at the impressive list of optional equpment on this vehicle, one of which made me smile:

Side Air Bags

ASCD

LSD

ABS

Catalytic Converter

Anti Theft

Fog Lamps

Xenon Head Lamps

Rear AC

2 DIn AM/FM/Cassette/CD changer

Power Slide Sunroof

Front Grille Bar

Front Power Seats, Leather

Spare Tire Cover

Leather Wrapped Steering

Meter Gauge

A real nice guy called this morning looking for the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 2004 Nissan Patrol with a TB48DE engine. (nice!)

It is his brother's who lives in Costa Rica. He said there is one Nissan dealer in Costa Rica and they wanted $400 for the two hoses.

He gave me the vehicle VIN and I pulled it up in the system to see if we could get the hoses, which we could not in the US. So I gave him some leads to find them.

After he got off the phone I took a look at the impressive list of optional equpment on this vehicle, one of which made me smile:

Side Air Bags

ASCD

LSD

ABS

Catalytic Converter

Anti Theft

Fog Lamps

Xenon Head Lamps

Rear AC

2 DIn AM/FM/Cassette/CD changer

Power Slide Sunroof

Front Grille Bar

Front Power Seats, Leather

Spare Tire Cover

Leather Wrapped Steering

Meter Gauge

You don't need that! :laugh:

*sigh*

For compression-ignition (i.e., diesel engines), the most commonly used catalytic converter is the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC). This catalyst uses O2 (oxygen) in the exhaust gas stream to convert CO (carbon monoxide) to CO2 (carbon dioxide) and HC (hydrocarbons) to H2O (water) and CO2. These converters often operate at 90 percent efficiency, virtually eliminating diesel odor and helping to reduce visible particulates (soot). These catalysts are not active for NOx reduction because any reductant present would react first with the high concentration of O2 in diesel exhaust gas.

Reduction in NOx emissions from compression-ignition engines has previously been addressed by the addition of exhaust gas to incoming air charge, known as exhaust gas recirculation (EGR). In 2010, most light-duty diesel manufacturers in the U.S. added catalytic systems to their vehicles to meet new federal emissions requirements. There are two techniques that have been developed for the catalytic reduction of NOx emissions under lean exhaust conditions - selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and the lean NOx trap or NOx adsorber. Instead of precious metal-containing NOx adsorbers, most manufacturers selected base-metal SCR systems that use a reagent such as ammonia to reduce the NOx into nitrogen. Ammonia is supplied to the catalyst system by the injection of urea into the exhaust, which then undergoes thermal decomposition and hydrolysis into ammonia. One trademark product of urea solution, also referred to as Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), is AdBlue.

B

• Like 1