VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

I got to talk for a while with a guy with a 92 Hardbody 4X4 MT. It was red. Super clean engine bay and interior. I told him I was envious of his interior. He said he bought it new and it was garage kept.

It was a nice change from the normal here.

• Like 3

Sounds nice. ahardbody will read that and pine away for days of yore. Did it have an electric rear window?

Oh, and whatever happened to the "2004 center panel" guy?

The nerve of some people...........

this guy called for an alternator for his vehicle.

Customer: Do you have an alternator for a Nismo 350z?

Me: It is $400 plus $75.00 core. This is not a reman unit.

Customer: Oh, Can you see if Autozone has it cheaper?

Me: No.

Customer: Oh ok well let me think about it.

<hangs up>

• Like 1

<hangs up>

He has a 1000 unit/yr limited production car, with the sought after VQ35HR and he's calling auto zone???? I think its time Nissan start taking a leaf out of Ferrari's book, Permission required to own!!! Like when they released the ENZO.

-Kyle

• Like 1

I don't know.. I think Ferrari made potential Enzo owners reqire to have owned "x" amount of Ferrari's before they were eligible. How many Sentra's should one own before being eligible before owning such Nippo gold?

I don't know.. I think Ferrari made potential Enzo owners reqire to have owned "x" amount of Ferrari's before they were eligible. How many Sentra's should one own before being eligible before owning such Nippo gold?

Thats true, (and was sort of banking on no one else knowing that!) But you have to have own either an F40 or an F50 before you were allowed to buy the Enzo, but my point still stands, there was a sorting process!! haha

-Kyle

Ha! Ha! I am a bit of a super car fanatic but, couldn't remember the requirements. Those decade monuments that the Scuderia in Monticello let out into the public are real gems. I'll take mine in "arrest me" red please! :)

That is quite a jerk, verging on douche behavior. $10 says that he is part of the cellphone/millenial generation; you can tell with the self importance (my time is important, you do it for me) and inability to recognize importance/value (who cares, I'm just getting another one in 2 years be it phone or car or whatever).

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I grew up in a very affluent area quite a while ago and what you drove said a lot. Average people had average cars, but the Mercedes drivers were usually bankers or doctors with a house on the hill, BMW drivers were usually execs or business owners, sports car drivers were usually up and comming enthusiasts, etc. These days most twits view a car as an accessory, regardless if they can afford it or if it fits the rest of their reality. I see plenty of Mercedes, BMW, flashy sports/muscle cars and luxury SUVs parked at apartment buildings or in front of baren, trashy homes where it is obvious several people rent. Hell, I regularly see $50k cars driven by fairly young people sitting in line at the McD or Taco Hell drive through. Really? :bwack:

I've stopped being impressed by the majority of nice cars (last one was a 40 year old Citroen) unless it is something special; too many idiots that have nice things they don't appreciate there days and it has no bearing on reality or taste.

I turn more heads in my modified WD21 than the CLS55 AMG down the street (owned by a 25 year old renter apparently)...

/end rant

B

More goodies from the shop!

This is a 2014 Nissan Altima that had been in a front end collision and repaired at a body shop across town, it appears they did a few shortcuts. The customer brought it in complaining that it would stall on her and act erratic. She had never looked under the hood of her car because THIS was very obvious to anyone who looked:

IMG00422-20140522-1504_zps0cc95a97.jpg

IMG00420-20140522-1503_zps40f7cdab.jpg

IMG00424-20140522-1506_zpsd9fe88a0.jpg

IMG00421-20140522-1504_zpsfb28d5ad.jpgIMG00424-20140522-1506_zpsd9fe88a0.jpg

IMG00421-20140522-1504_zpsfb28d5ad.jpg

Someone simply 'repaired' the main harness instead of replacing it after the collision.

Remember: when it comes to cars, 'cheap' often costs more in the end.

Edited by Alkorahil

The connectors were messing with the signal to the ECU because the resistance was different.

The lady also took pictures to show the insurance company. I am sure they will find that repair job interesting.

guess they didn't have enough solder !

"Sounds nice. ahardbody will read that and pine away for days of yore. Did it have an electric rear window?"

Mine may have an electric rear window if I can get it installed one day (if it still works, it's been a while since it was installed)

Nice! (You're showing your age a little :lol: )

How would you know without showing yours? But ya I'm old. I'm so old I own Dan Aykroyd's father's 1960 Mercedes 220 SE. Straight 6 dual side draft Webers. Was a Mexican Diplomats car when new. Wood dash, sun roof, semi auto etc. It's been in my barn since 1985 if anybody wants it I could use the space...

• Like 1

I'd love to put up pics but my computor is lacking the ability. It is a true "barn find" though. It's been there since the early '80's and at the moment is the holder for my 16' canoe that is sitting on it's roof (with racks of course). It is for sale though.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from lunch today, sitting at a stop light I saw a woman pop her hood, open a bottle of valvoline oil and pour it in her coolant overflow tank............

• Like 2