Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

I know 90-92 have brownish gray and 93-95 have the normal gray. 94-95 have the rounded dash

I am not sure if the other colors changed too or its all gray after 93? I have only owned and seeing gray interior pathfinders.

No idea for the r50 i have a center console from one and it looks like the same color as my old 93 was for gray.

I might be interested in a gauge pod if we can get them reasonably.

Edited by edicer2

Hey everyone. There's progress being made. Basically, Alabama and Have been talking behind the scenes and we were gathering color samples for interior pieces to be shipped. Photo's of the pillar still inside the vehicle have been sent and once they get the actual pillar they will get back to me after a week or so with a more detailed price and quantity estimate.

I'am interested. But what if we don't like how they turn out? I don't give a crap what color they are. I'll go buy some SEM plastic paint and fix the problem as long as the price is right and I like the final product. I vote two or 3 pod. I can work with ether or. So because I'm lazy and don't want to read all the posts can some please tell me how much I have to put in the pot to get one? How close are you to making this happen. As far as color make them all black or gray and call it a wrap. Like I said we can paint them to match.

Prices haven't been set yet, still in R&D stages.

How big does the color sample have to be? I just recently found a (busted) top defroster vent from my brown/grey dash if needed. If not ts goein to the g-can :lol:

I'am interested. But what if we don't like how they turn out? I don't give a crap what color they are. I'll go buy some SEM plastic paint and fix the problem as long as the price is right and I like the final product. I vote two or 3 pod. I can work with ether or. So because I'm lazy and don't want to read all the posts can some please tell me how much I have to put in the pot to get one? How close are you to making this happen. As far as color make them all black or gray and call it a wrap. Like I said we can paint them to match.

I'll be posting up photo's of the mock up they provide me with when they send it out for test fitting. And if you're interested in a purchase of one, perhaps it would be a good idea to at least skim the whole thread to get an idea of how this is evolving. Yes, the whole whopping 4 pages that would take a lifetime to get thru. :rolleyes:

How big does the color sample have to be? I just recently found a (busted) top defroster vent from my brown/grey dash if needed. If not ts goein to the g-can :lol:

They told me they should be 4x4 samples. I don't know why or how much of an issue something else would be. :shrug:

They told me they should be 4x4 samples. I don't know why or how much of an issue something else would be. :shrug:

Ahh. To the trash with it then :aok: wanted to make sure it didn't have a last breath of life before canning it. I'll keep watching my piles for useful samples then

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update.

Alright.

Bama has gotten the A-pillar and 3 color samples packed up and possibly already shipped. I spoke with him on Thursday last week and it was ready to go. I've emailed the company with Pictures of the interior with the A-pillar installed to get a better representation of how it is mounted in vehicle. We'll still need to collect more color samples to send off to the company, but at this point its not a priority. So far we've got the colors Dark Grey, Dark Blue and Rapist Red. We'll still need everything else remaining. I'll update on whats been sent and our progress on Post #10 on the First Page. You'll hear more as soon as I do.

Dowser, count me in for 1 of the 2 or 3 gauge models, whatever the majority settles on here, I'm good with it :aok:

I've got the brown or grey/brown... whatever they call it. Although I have dark grey pillar covers and the cross trim at the top of the windshield installed. I put them in for the tweeters (that I never actually hooked up) but still have the original parts.

Funny thing is that no one has ever noticed it the color mismatch :lol:

Guess I better start looking for a color sample... where are the color codes found?

The trim code will be in the door jamb on a truck and under the hood of a pathfinder on the passenger fender well. Yours will be "K". But there are about 3 different shades of gray that have trim code K. We could use one of the brown/gray samples, we just need to make sure it matches the A pillars. I need to get a light gray sample that matches my truck, but the only way I see to get a 4x4 sample is to use a piece of the plastic from the extended cab part and cut it up.

It's so cool that you managed to get this set up, thanks. I'm still in for a 3 gauge pillar, don't care what color it is! I just bought a stupid dash pod as a last resort but it looks like @!*%e. Looking forward to getting the pillar pod.

Dowser, count me in for 1 of the 2 or 3 gauge models, whatever the majority settles on here, I'm good with it :aok:

Hey Scott. Haven't seen you around for a while, Although I never go to the PoHo so that could be it. Hope all is well. At any rate, I added you to the list and thanks for contributing.

It's so cool that you managed to get this set up, thanks. I'm still in for a 3 gauge pillar, don't care what color it is! I just bought a stupid dash pod as a last resort but it looks like @!*%e. Looking forward to getting the pillar pod.

Well, we're not out of the woods yet. Still just starting. I'll be a lot more optimistic when I get a reply from my E-mail I sent 2 days ago. They told me they'd get back to me within about a week or so when I spoke to them on the phone. I'll add you to the list as well. This is great news. the more there are, the cheaper it will be for everyone.

Updated Post #10 on First Page.

Hey Scott. Haven't seen you around for a while, Although I never go to the PoHo so that could be it. Hope all is well. At any rate, I added you to the list and thanks for contributing.

Thanks! I've not been around as much, busy at work, kids have more going on (teenagers) and life in general. I pop in as often as I can, but don't always post. Check to make sure the board is still functioning, and pop in when someone text, emails or PM's me about something needing attention.

But I am trying to get around more often and on a regular basis again :beer:

Alrighty, So we have an Update.

Return E-mail was sent to me so I in turn will post it up here for you guys and gals to see where we're at.

We received the trim piece and 3 color samples.

A double pod gauge holder would be the best choice for the trim piece. Since the trim piece is very narrow the pods will not be able to turn toward the driver very much. If you have three pods the top one would quite high and basically be pointing towards the ceiling.

To start we do need at least 20 pre-paid orders. The price per unit will be $49.99 plus shipping. The paint charge per piece will be $7.99. The tweeter hole will be cut out. The buyer will use their own tweeter cover. Once we design the mold with the tweeter cut out it cannot be removed. So all orders placed will have the tweeter.

We will need to have a list of buyers and their addresses to determine the shipping cost. Please send them in address label format.

The trim piece we received will need to be used in making the mockup and the mold. One you agree to start the project the trim piece will be destroyed and cannot be returned.

Let us know when you want to start or if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Lo-Tek, Inc.

Sooooo, now we need to get some opinions on this... I know some of you had your hearts set on 3 pods, so lets discuss from here to see who is still interested with those numbers and specs. I need some yes or no's so I can Update the list if need be.

I'm thinking we need to get them without the tweeter. If they're not gonna make the tweeter match the factory tweeter grill there's really no point in having them cut a hole. They could leave it blank and let you cut your own hole if you want one.

I'm in for whatever. I think the cost is excessive though. For $50 you'd think that would include the color.

I'm still a yes.

That is more than I would have thought from what was initially indicated also, but from working in an injection molding facility (albiet a bit more high tech than gauge pods) A minimum $1000 order to make the mold and 20+ parts is probably more of low profit/investment scenario for them. I am more disappointed that they can only fit 2 gauges though. Still, that's 2 less I have to mount elsewhere. I'm still in...

I'm thinking we need to get them without the tweeter. If they're not gonna make the tweeter match the factory tweeter grill there's really no point in having them cut a hole. They could leave it blank and let you cut your own hole if you want one.

That makes sense, and I agree. I have no issue cutting my own and not all WD21's came with them...

So, I some questions now:

Will the parts be 'off the shelf' orderable once the mold is made or will there be minimum order quantities for a run?

Will future units be $50 also?

How do they gaurentee fitment and quality? For $50+painting and shipping sight unseen, now I expect a quality part with perfect fit & color match.

I guess I should go to their site and check reviews...

B

2 gauge pod is fine by me. I am not worried about them painting it, or cutting a tweeter hole...

However for the $50 it would cost PLUS shipping I know I could make my own with the excess fiberglass material I have laying around...

Not complaining at all, just an observation.

Just for clarification, I believe what he meant was that they will design it for use with the factory tweeter, and cover, it will come pre cut, but the customer will have to provide the Factory Tweeter cover as they will not be supplying them.

The price of the units are close to the price for other units with 2 pods they have for sale for more common vehicles. Paint is optional from what I understand with black being the choice as standard no color. It's too bad they don't think 3 pods would fit nicely, I was rather looking forward to 3 pods as well. I'm still interested myself although I agree the the price is getting up there.