Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

oh ok. In that case, I'll have to order about 6 of these gauge pod thingys.

I'mma need that trans temp gauge, that volt meter, that vacuum gauge, that oil pressure gauge, that oil temp gauge, that aftermarket tach WITH shift light built in, that inclinometer, that water temp gauge, that secondary fuel gauge, that reserve fuel gauge, that fuel pressure gauge, that redneck gauge, that tire pressure gauge, and a clock.

:scratchhead::blink::stickwack:

It would have space for 2-3 gauges on it depending on what the majority wants in the end.

At any rate, I posted up a thread at the Infamous Nissan.com forum about this. Not sure if anyone will be able to read this withouta registration but here's the link to the Thread.

Only 10 more to go, HALF WAY THERE! :dance:

Again, I'm surprised not more are interested from here really.

Edited by Dowser

:scratchhead::blink::stickwack:

It would have space for 2-3 gauges on it depending on what the majority wants in the end.

At any rate, I posted up a thread at the Infamous Nissan.com forum about this. Not sure if anyone will be able to read this withouta registration but here's the link to the Thread.

Only 11 more to go. Again, I'm surprised not more are interested from here really.

When you do get 20, how do you plan on buying them? 19+ people send you ~$40 and then you send $800 to the company?

I'm in for one. I don't NEED one for any specific reason at this point, but I may in the future. I've been around Nissans for about 15 years and have seen a lot of guys looking for one in that time. So if me getting one helps get this done so that they are available in the future, I'm all for it.

d21 lowrid uh, I mean, mini-trucker site is infamousnissan.com I'm sure they could fit pillar gauge pods into their agenda of rims, c-notches and buying tires every month. Watch out though, a lot of jerks over there.

That's a pretty unfair generalization. I've been an administrator there since we all migrated from another site that the previous owner stopped maintaining. As well as a few incarnations prior to that site. We strive to eliminate the flaming that goes unchecked on a lot of other forums. I'm not sure why you think there are "a lot of jerks" on infamous nissan, I'm not sure if you have had a bad experience there or not, but most of our members go out of their way to be helpful.

Furthermore, I urge you to remember that some of the modifications you might choose to make to your vehicle might seems pointless or wasteful to others. While I have a couple of mostly stock Nissan 4x4's I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses to modify theirs in whatever way they see fit. I don't have to think that it is something i would want for my truck in order to appreciate their enthusiasm and workmanship.

I'm pretty sure that it will be a limited run, but I would have to assume the company will keep what ever design/templates/etc that they make/use for future runs so it may be cheaper/easier in the future for another run? :shrug:

I simply plan on buying several and probably reselling most. If we could get Steeeeevo (Rugged Rocks) on board with this, he is good at getting pre-orders for limited runs.

That's a pretty unfair generalization. I've been an administrator there since we all migrated from another site that the previous owner stopped maintaining. As well as a few incarnations prior to that site. We strive to eliminate the flaming that goes unchecked on a lot of other forums. I'm not sure why you think there are "a lot of jerks" on infamous nissan, I'm not sure if you have had a bad experience there or not, but most of our members go out of their way to be helpful.

Furthermore, I urge you to remember that some of the modifications you might choose to make to your vehicle might seems pointless or wasteful to others. While I have a couple of mostly stock Nissan 4x4's I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses to modify theirs in whatever way they see fit. I don't have to think that it is something i would want for my truck in order to appreciate their enthusiasm and workmanship.

Cool, welcome Bud!! :beer:

I haven't been to that site, but I can respect the challenges we all have in trying to keep things on an even keel.

Don't take the comments of a few as bashing, this is primarily a Pathfinder Off Road site, so of course there will be some facepalming when bags or shaving is mentioned. Those people tent to congregate at other sites... ;)

B

:rofl:

Anyway, how does buying in bulk for multiple people work? I'm sure I get the idea, but I don't want to be fuzzy or surprised on anything.

When you do get 20, how do you plan on buying them? 19+ people send you ~$40 and then you send $800 to the company?

As discussed initially, this project needed a leader to organize and handle from start to finish or it doesn't get done. No one was taking the job and I'm personally interested in seeing this completed so took the position. I've been around a long time here on the forums and have had many dealings with many members here. I'm reliable to deal with as many can vouch for and the whopping $40-60 dollars each will be required to deposit, when we get to that stage, would be safe. That part wont be until I have confirmation from the company for a go ahead anyway. At this stage, its just about trying to get a minimum of 20 orders together first.

I'm in for one. I don't NEED one for any specific reason at this point, but I may in the future. I've been around Nissans for about 15 years and have seen a lot of guys looking for one in that time. So if me getting one helps get this done so that they are available in the future, I'm all for it.

Hey thanks! That's an honorable thing to do right there for the Pathfinder/hardbody enthusiasts out there. This is about the only chance we're going to have to get something like this available for aftermarket now. No one is going to make a product for such a small market anymore on their own.

Do you know if these will remain available for individual purchase after the initial run?

Yes. I spoke with them today and after the mold is made, its no big deal for them to put one unit out after that for anyone interested. Basically our order makes the mold making process worth their while. After the mold has been made, its golden.

Also while on the phone with them I asked about the difficulty in perhaps making a mold for the 2 gauge pod to utilize the tweeters for those still interested, then seeing if after the mold is made if they could just add another pod and make a second mold to keep everyone happy and get 2 molds made at the same time. He said there's no way because its a entirely different process and would have to be a separate mold. So before we start we'll have to take a vote and see how many members are still interested after that point. Secondly, I'm going to take an A-piller and sent it to him to get a more realistic price and to see if he can put 3 gauge pods in and still utilize a space for a tweeter, so that's still an option maybe. I'll be sending that off maybe sometime this week, unless someone near Durham, North Carolina wants to go to the company to let them see what they are working with. I'll get this out to other boards as I have time. Things are a little hectic as usual at them moment.

Firstly: alabama_lowlife, welcome to our little corner of the interwebs :beer: reflector collectors may not be our initial cup of coffee round here but thats not to say we dont share tricks between each other (and of course we make little jabs here and there on them as I'm sure you would as well towards us in the same fun 'different so its funny' manner). As you pointed though about a generalization against your site by 1 user here, I must ask you please not judge NPORA by 1 users comment. Ignorance of one does not = the census of many :beer: And secondy to you (a seconded feeling as well) thats a pretty cool offer to want to purchase even without the need just to get things going :aok:

Dowser, you sending a tweeter style or non? If non I should have a spare or 2 somewhere (I'd have to search some through my crap/see if theres one on ToolShed) that might be a cheaper shipping cost from US instead of out of Canada

Firstly: alabama_lowlife, welcome to our little corner of the interwebs :beer: reflector collectors may not be our initial cup of coffee round here but thats not to say we dont share tricks between each other (and of course we make little jabs here and there on them as I'm sure you would as well towards us in the same fun 'different so its funny' manner). As you pointed though about a generalization against your site by 1 user here, I must ask you please not judge NPORA by 1 users comment. Ignorance of one does not = the census of many :beer: And secondy to you (a seconded feeling as well) thats a pretty cool offer to want to purchase even without the need just to get things going :aok:

Dowser, you sending a tweeter style or non? If non I should have a spare or 2 somewhere (I'd have to search some through my crap/see if theres one on ToolShed) that might be a cheaper shipping cost from US instead of out of Canada

Oh no, I certainly won't paint everybody with the same brush...heck I own more 4wd Nissans than I do 2wd.

I think I have an A pillar with a tweeter in the garage if one is needed.

I'm going to take an A-piller and sent it to him to get a more realistic price and to see if he can put 3 gauge pods in and still utilize a space for a tweeter, so that's still an option maybe. I'll be sending that off maybe sometime this week, unless someone near Durham, North Carolina wants to go to the company to let them see what they are working with.

I live about 2 hours from there but I do not have a extra pillar if that helps at all. Do you know if they need a pillar out of the truck or would it be more helpful to see one in a truck.

Ya, I have a space here, its just a matter of getting time to get it since its 30 minutes from me and then dealing with this retarded Canadian Postal Service now. Such a rip off. That's nice of you to offer up the spare to save me on shipping but I think its best to go with the one with a tweeter on it because he mentioned that he may be able to have 3 pods, AND still make use of a factory tweeter spot so we'll have to see.

I live about 2 hours from there but I do not have a extra pillar if that helps at all. Do you know if they need a pillar out of the truck or would it be more helpful to see one in a truck.

Well, that's really nice of you to offer for sure, but if its 2 hours away, that's a lot of gas money on you. a lot more then me just sending one out for sure.

*Updated Page 1, Post #10 for contributors, We're at 20! See if I can get some more interest on some other boards, that will bring down the initial price. Updated January 21, 2012.*

There will be a bit of a delay with getting my spare A-Piller off to the company till after next weekend. I was scheduled to make a trip up to get my spare this weekend but its been bumped to next weekend. Sorry for the delay all. If anyone else has a spare with the tweeter that they can either grab from the wreckers for next to nothing, or own one already and doesn't mind please feel free to get this started but let me know so I can contact them about the findings and get us some solid figures. Thanks all. I'm going to get this started on a few other Boards tonight I hope if don't fall asleep at the PC.

d21 lowrid uh, I mean, mini-trucker site is infamousnissan.com I'm sure they could fit pillar gauge pods into their agenda of rims, c-notches and buying tires every month. Watch out though, a lot of jerks over there.

InfamousNissan.com is mostly street truck oriented. Whether that's bags and bodydrops or engine swaps or handling setups or simple lowering for looks and safety, members tend to have an appreciation for well done customization. Granted most members would cannibalize a 4wd Pathy for the power windows & mirrors, seats, wide fenders and 2 piston calipers there is still respect for the lifted. Think of IN as your evil twin lol.

IN has a strong tech bench for repairs, updates like the 94-97 dash swap, parts interchange, and no matter how broke and slow your project takes you will find words of encouragement. We'll even point you to a different forum if they have the answers you need.

Like on most established forums, us old timers tend to snap at noobies quick posting instead of investing their time searching. We're just like you, here for fun and comraderie, not to be everyone's personal wiki and unpaid research assistant.

IN also seems to have more people and resources to make things like this happen. So when you get your pods make sure to thank us jerks :aok:

Regards.

nobody rapes my truck but me! wait... that might not be how I wanted to word that....

no, its right :lol:

mini, as was said to alabama_lowlife, welcome to our neck of the interwebs :beer: and please don't judge us all by 1 persons post. Using you 'old-timer' reference in just this thread, check the "join dates" of the people taking interest and offering help compared to that of the negative post at hand (not including yourself and a_l, who have reason to have such fresh dates :lol: ) both of you though (and any other I.N. users who pop in to defend their site from 1 ignorant, ill-informed comment. Not that I blame you, I would do the same if I knew someone was bashing NPORA for no apparent reason and would call in the cavalry) if you plan on popping in a little more frequent, feel free to make up some new member threads and let some fresh eyes rest on your own craftsmanship :aok:

back to the pods, when we start getting some $ numbers together, it might be easier to move me up into that higher notch of names (and probaly make the list grow more)

What?? :scratchhead:

Yes, I'm in for 2. Thats 10% of the order, so I demand some service!! How much, and when??

Oh, and where do I send the $? :tongue:

I assume a_l is sending the one he has as it will be the fastest and cheapest (lets keep the ball rolling). Thank you for that a_l, it is much appreciated. :beer:

Got a name or shall I call you Al??

Has anyone mentioned this to Steeeevo over at Rugged Rocks? He may be interested in carrying a few, know some people who would pitch in or simply want one for his awesome rig.

Minimum order is 20, and we have that but more is better in this case; the company may put a little more effort into quality (I work at a molding shop so trust me) and it should bring the unit cost down. I suggest we take a few days to inflate numbers as much as possible, but still send the piece asap.

Thoughts/input?

B

I plan to ship mine Monday, it will get there from here much more quickly than from Canada.....and cheaper as well.

Precise1, my name is Kelyn, but on forums most people just shorten my screen name and refer to me as bama. I plan on spending a little more time here. I know nothing about 4wds, in fact, when I bought my pathfinder about 4 years ago I had to have a friend show me how to engage the 4wd when I got it home. I am, however, pretty damn good with electrical stuff so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those threads.

We can try posting this over on street source. I am a registered user, but almost never visit there. I'll see if we can get any interest there.