Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

Was away for the weekend. Alright then. Bama..... That would be great! Thanks a ton. Before sending though there are a few other things required. We need a color sample from all available stock colors as well. They say a 4" x 4" piece so I was thinking the removable panels in the storage area. There's the basic 5 I believe.

- Rapist Red

- Blue

- Actual Grey (newer dash color)

- Brownish Grey

- Brown

That's it right? So lets just give it a second before sending off the piece till we have everything together. Might be a nuisance if we have a few packages with random color samples coming from different places at different times so lets get that together as well. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see how they would feel about that. Sure would be nice to not have to mess around with paint and just be able to install it.

I will confirm that I am in!

Though I think you might have listed me twice to get to your 20 figure...

Damn it...... Good catch. There was a lot of cut an paste going on that night and I was pretty tired. Editing that tonight.

Alright.... Comments concerns so far?

I'd be down for one. i have a tweeter but I doubt its functional so if it has one or not it doesnt matter to me. And I'd be interested in a 3 gauge, you can never go wrong with too many gauges.

Added you to the list. This makes 20 officially due to my counting issue earlier.

Alright. So I spoke with the company again yesterday to get an idea of how to proceed from here. Here's what was said and proposed by the company. Basically we can go ahead and send the A-Pillar piece to the company without all the color samples at this point. They wont be needed for quite some time and it was expressed by them that its alright if it comes s from 5 different people from all over the country so long is they are labeled with the Project Leader name/email address, Vehicle Make model and the vehicle year range the A-Pillar covers. Now, Bama, they also require you to do one other thing before sending the A-Pillar

They want you to Mark a line on the trim piece to show the Lowest point the bottom Pod can be mounted without hitting the dash. and write down what this line represents.

Also, we need to get several pictures of the interior Pillar IN the vehicle, since the don't have a vehicle to reference from. I'll be able to get those and send them this weekend.

After the sample A-pillar is delivered to them, along with the Pictures, they put something together, then give me some Real numbers within a Business week.

Alright.... so here we go.

Ok, I went to the junkyard today and was able to get 3 color samples. Blue (code B ) Red (code A) and Dark Gray (code K). The pillar trim I'm sending is the dark gray shade as well. The pillar trim in both of my trucks is light gray, but the trim code is still K. I noticed that in both of the pathfinders (94-95)with trim code K the pillars and headliner trim are dark. In the 94+ trucks with code K, the lower part of the interior is dark while the upper part is light.

The trim colors that we still need are tan and light gray. I can go back and get a fuse door for one of the older gray/green/brown whatever that color was.

Edited by alabama_lowlife

Hey right on Bama. Nice score. Something I forgot to mention about the color options samples. They want them labeled with whatever color the Factory calls them so that people ordering them later will know what to ask for. I was thinking about the whole K color thing and how it labeled the same but differs in the 94-95 stock. Did the company ever have actual Names for the colors, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they didn't call the interior Rapist Red. :new576:

Updated main list for you Nefarious.

Edited by Dowser

Hey right on Bama. Nice score. Something I forgot to mention about the color options samples. They want them labeled with whatever color the Factory calls them so that people ordering them later will know what to ask for. I was thinking about the whole K color thing and how it labeled the same but differs in the 94-95 stock. Did the company ever have actual Names for the colors, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they didn't call the interior Rapist Red. :new576:

Updated main list for you Nefarious.

Not sure but I've always called it burgundy

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they didn't call the interior Rapist Red. :new576:

So we can't have them named by NPORA standards? I was looking forward to seeing "Rapist Red" somewhere besides here!

Ok, I went to the junkyard today and was able to get 3 color samples. Blue (code B ) Red (code A) and Dark Gray (code K). The pillar trim I'm sending is the dark gray shade as well. The pillar trim in both of my trucks is light gray, but the trim code is still K. I noticed that in both of the pathfinders (94-95)with trim code K the pillars and headliner trim are dark. In the 94+ trucks with code K, the lower part of the interior is dark while the upper part is light.

Trim Code K is the Nissan color code for 'Grey Interior', the shades of grey differed as noted above from 1987-1993 and 1994-1995.

Its very confusing sometimes!

If you really want confusing, try the D21 truck. :suicide:

The Hardbody has 4 shades under trim code K up to 1997. (light gray, dark gray, brownish gray and black)

Nissan cleaned all this mess up after 1998, but that only helps some of us here!

After 1998 code K is 'Dark Gray'

I have a D21 hardbody 95 light grey set from a hardbody if they want it I can send. PM me if it is needed.

If you really want confusing, try the D21 truck. :suicide:

The Hardbody has 4 shades under trim code K up to 1997. (light gray, dark gray, brownish gray and black)

Nissan cleaned all this mess up after 1998, but that only helps some of us here!

UGH! This is going to be fun. I'll inform those at Infamous of these results to see if we can get a sample of the K colors that weren't available to Pathfinders. Boy that's going to be a freaking nightmare for ordering.

Call up gauge company

- "Ya high I'd like to order a gauge for a 1996 Nissan Hardbody please."

(Company) - "Sure, what color?"

- "Color code K please."

(Company) - "Which of the 4 options for K would you Like?"

- "Huh? There's 4 options for K? alright..... well its the Grey one."

(Company) - "Alright, that eliminated black, which variation of Grey would you like. Light Grey, Dark Grey, or brownish grey."

- "Hmmm it looks sort of light grey, but then again I don't know how dark the dark grey is... Hmmmmm I'll have to call you back."

I'm pretty sure the company was hoping to get actual color names so its easier to identify. I see what else I can come up with on the actual color name. this should be fun.....

UGH! This is going to be fun. I'll inform those at Infamous of these results to see if we can get a sample of the K colors that weren't available to Pathfinders. Boy that's going to be a freaking nightmare for ordering.

Call up gauge company

- "Ya high I'd like to order a gauge for a 1996 Nissan Hardbody please."

(Company) - "Sure, what color?"

- "Color code K please."

(Company) - "Which of the 4 options for K would you Like?"

- "Huh? There's 4 options for K? alright..... well its the Grey one."

(Company) - "Alright, that eliminated black, which variation of Grey would you like. Light Grey, Dark Grey, or brownish grey."

- "Hmmm it looks sort of light grey, but then again I don't know how dark the dark grey is... Hmmmmm I'll have to call you back."

I'm pretty sure the company was hoping to get actual color names so its easier to identify. I see what else I can come up with on the actual color name. this should be fun.....

:rofl: killing me here bro

We may have to use the year models to differentiate. Do we know if the 94-95 pathfinders were all dark gray? I'm pretty sure the 94+ HBs were all light gray. My 89 was green/gray. I'll ask on infamous and see what color everybody has and what year to see if we can nail it down.

Additionally, in the trucks with vinyl headliners the A pillar trim was shaped differently. It seems like there might also be a difference in the regular cab trucks with the hard headliner.

Also, I believe the pathfinders use color code R for red interiors. Can anyone verify this?

Well I have the Grey tweeter style from a round dasher in my truck and it's lighter than my grey 88 interior pieces (the wHierd brownish grey) but have a tailligh acess panel in the back that is a slightly darker normal grey to my brownish grey (that 1 piece is from a 93)

• 2 weeks later...