Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

Glad to hear she is okay brother!!! My youngest has been in the hospital past two days... happens this time of year with him... where he cannot breathe without help from a machine. Asthma... of some sort. And bronchittis yay.

So youve got the mock up in hand... cool. Looks fantastic... I imagine they will just stretch some cloth over them and go fiberglass resin crazy.... Or was it a polymer plastic type molding thing? I can't recall... ahaha

So yea... how does it fit? Any way to score pictures of that...??

Thanks for doing this by the way!

Fitment will be done either tomorrow or early next week. Going to try and get it sorted out tomorrow though if I can. I'll get pictures of course and work out the little bugs too. As for how they make it, this part is just to test fit angles and locations. I'm not exactly sure what process they use to make the mold but I know that whatever they do, the process allows them to make 1 off orders to anyone who wants one down the road. I'll be stoked once I get it fitted, measured, and sent off back to the company. THEN i'll be finished and be waiting like all you guys with no more responsibility. YAY. I sure hope things turn out awesome too. I'm excited!

Volt meter, oil pressure and undecided. The first two my truck doesn't have stock and either water temp, or turbo boost for the 3rd.

For people with AT, this is a great opportunity (and place) to put a tranny temp gauge. Not boiling the tranny is the best way not to prematurely destroy them. ;)

B

I agree. My intention is to run an oil pressure gauge, possibly a volt/amp combo gauge and transmission temperature gauge.

Not really sure how much longer I will have my factory gauge cluster. It may be replaced with a piece of plate aluminum with aftermarket gauges of all kinds installed... Being that my tach has never worked nor has my fuel gauge or temperature gauge (accurately)....

ill probably do volt, water temp and oil pressure i know 2 of those are already on the stock gauge but who knows how acturate they are lol

I'm with edicer2, volt, water temp & oil pressure for me also.

I agree. My intention is to run an oil pressure gauge, possibly a volt/amp combo gauge and transmission temperature gauge.

Not really sure how much longer I will have my factory gauge cluster. It may be replaced with a piece of plate aluminum with aftermarket gauges of all kinds installed... Being that my tach has never worked nor has my fuel gauge or temperature gauge (accurately)....

I hear that. The one thing I miss from my 87 two door is the working dash. So may try and do a custome gauge cluster with the standard oil pressure, coolant temp, voltmeter, tach, speedo, odo, fuel etc. Then might save the gauge pod for more not so standard items.

I got it all sorted out now. I went out to the Pathfinder this weekend. During the week just didn't seem to work out. I test fit it and I was unhappy with the layout. The middle gauge was semi covered by the top gauge and the top was at an angle I that wasn't good. here's a picture of what it looked like in the Pathfinder without any changes.

DSC03593.jpg

After quite a bit of messing around, chopping some plastic off here and there, moving it on the trim piece a little here and there, I think I got the top one positioned just right. The bottom gauges are 1 piece and they were set up just with the exception of making the top corner stick a tiny bit farther out to give a little more visual clearance for the top gauge. In the end it looks like this for positioning.

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03614.jpg

I angled the top one slightly otherwise it would be pointing at the ceiling. I'm going to get this packaged back up and speak with the company this week. Just need a day when things aren't too hectic this week so I can head over the border and mail this out. If anyone has any concerns or input before it goes off, please feel free to state them. I'm all about constructive critisism.

Looks great! I am curious how many wires I can run behind my A pillar.... hahaha right now I have quite a few on the passenger side...

Hey, thank you for going through the time and work it takes to get all the bugs worked out!

It looks good after you adjusted it. I say run with it...

One Q, what is your height ass to eyeballs?

B

Hey precise, That question was asked over at Infamous as well since most of those guys are taller. Here's what I responded there.

And Scooby,

Looks pretty good, did you happen to measure aprox distance your eyeballs/camera were from the roof. If your taller than in the pictures some of the gauges maybe a little more cut off than your pictures (I just ask because I think you were a bit shorter than the average minitrucker, lol, yeah I know we are all tall and have a fear of heights). I like the look of the top gauge after you fixed it, to me it matches how the other two are together. At this moment I just need a gauge pod, lol, thanks for putting this together.

Ya, I took that into consideration when I was even collecting the data in the beginning if you remember. I was getting everyone's heights to work out the majority and set them for that height. Only 3 people were outside of the 5'9" to 6'1" range. And it was All evenly matched except for 1 additional in the 6'1" category. Since they were all so close, I didn't want to set it up for the tallest guys specifically though so I went with the average. 5'11" is the average height. Now out of that I had to consider everyone's height from the ass to the eye and not full body lengths so I basically halved it. Which is 35.5 inches. I slapped a phone book down on the seat to make up the difference for my eye level and sat straight when setting it up. That should be fairly close to bang on. Sorry goes out to the one guy out there sitting at 6'4" I don't think it will be that bad, but you may have to sit like your lounging or put a beveled washer ring behind the gauges in the pod to angle it further if its brutal. I did my best everyone, and I'm a perfectionist which is annoying to me most of my life.[/Quote]

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dowser

• 3 weeks later...

Shipped it off lmid week last week. Things have been very hectic here and there was just no way I could get over the border in time to get to the postal outlets before they closed before then. The company will send me an email when they receive it. Even once they receive it its going to take them quite some time. According to their website,

PRODUCTION SCHEDULE:

Rough mock-up will be made and sent to project leader. Project leader test-fits mock-up - checking for clearance problems and angle of gauges. Project leader returns the mockup with any modifications and approves the design.

Mold-making process - approx 1-4 weeks

Initial production run - approx 3-4 weeks

Finishing and shipping - approx 1 week after product availability.

*******IMPORTANT********

PRODUCTION SCHEDULING IS COMPLEX AND DELAYS ARE NOT UNCOMMON DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PROJECTS AHEAD OF YOURS, MATERIAL LEAD-TIME, ETC. WE DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE A RESONABLE ESTIMATE OF DELIVERY TIMES - HOWEVER, WE CANNOT GAURANTEE A DELIVERY DATE.

I'll let you all know when I hear from them. Once they confirm the product has arrived and I speak with them personally on the phone, I'll be transfering funds. After that, that will be pretty much it from my end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone.

Ya I have a bit of an update.

I've had little time lately for anything. My Wife and I finally bought another house after a year of living at the in-laws. We got possession on the 4th and it's been a bit exhausting for the past couple of weeks while we were trying to get everything settled with finances, house inspections, lawyers, Realtors, moving, reno on a couple of rooms before we move in so that it works for our family size, calling plumbers to get rid of galvanized pipes so we can deal with insurance company's etc, etc, etc. The list goes on. At any rate, Been swamped.

I emailed them and spoke with them a couple weeks ago about the parcel that I sent back to them, They've received it, and we talked payments. I wanted to send things thru paypal which they told me they needed to discuss, they got back to me a week later giving me the ok for that and the paypal account to send funds. They informed me that any future interest from anyone on here can find the product on their website and that they would be able to just order from them. They will have a pre sale listing on their website shortly and to let everyone understand it will be a couple of months for the products to be ready. I emailed them back and stated due to the number of orders and the amount to be transferred that the community would like to pay half now and rest upon completion. I would send funds promptly when they respond.

Waiting to hear back from them.

I want everyone to know that I'm doing all that i can to make sure we all get what we are paying for, and although its taking FOREVER.... At least there is something that will actually happen at the end of this. I'm sure I'll get a reply before the weeks out. Sorry for my tardiness.Although I'm working on it, there hasn't been a ton of progress. Just some slow ass emails back and forth working out the minute details of payment, and estimated time deadlines for products.

hope that helps.

Edited by Dowser
  • Like 1

Hey Dowser, don't sweat it mate, we all appreciate what you're doing & family comes first. It's not like it's a vital part that stops us from using our trucks. :itsallgood:

As Trog says, these are unique, so what's a little more time in the big scheme of things :aok: