Wiper Blades

Tungsten

It is time for me to change the wipers and I usually get the Anco blades because they have the most amount of rubber on them but lately I haven't been happy with their performance. They tend to jump across the window when they feel like it. I am considering getting those bracket-less wipers because I really like their performance and style.

So what are some of your recommendations for wiper blades? Can anyone also tell me the sizes? I think they were 19" for the front and 13" for the back.

For the Bosch Icon, are they the 419A or the 419B? :scratchhead:

What about the rear? Doesn't look like I can get the Bosch Icon blade for there.

It would be the a's. The b's are for some arms that wipe opposite. The difference is which side the wind deflector, or wing, is on.

In Vancouver it rains for at least half the year. I treat the windows with Rain-X twice a year (it comes in a bottle and is applied with a cloth). This makes the rain really bead off the glass. Then, I use cheap blades for the summer, and then use Rain-X winter blades for the nasty stuff. I replace my blades every 2 years.

for some reason my whipers suck they only work when its totally wet out so don't even bother using them for a sprinkler splash or a bug... I tried all kinds of blades.

I even went shorter lengths too see if the increased preassure per inch of blade would help. No luck, I think my old glass prolly just has allot of grainy pits in it or maybe some paint overspray that keep the blades from wiping all the water away.

I need a new winshield anyway maybe after that I'll get some Icons again, I like the way they look and work.

The wiper arm springs may be a little worn out and not holding to the glass as well as they should be.

I have Bosch Icons on mine, 19" for the driver's side and 20" for the passenger's side. Not having perfectly even wiper marks up above annoys me. :lol:

I am pretty sure the rear is 13" now. That is what all the catalogs say.

I'm even thinking of going to the dealer now for wipers because I want to get all 3 at the same time and wally world only sells garbage in 13s. The dealer considers the wiper blades a maintenance item which means that these parts are sold at the same price as you could get them in Autozone for example.

• 2 months later...

I tried all kinds of blades.

I even went shorter lengths too see if the increased preassure per inch of blade would help. No luck, I think my old glass prolly just has allot of grainy pits in it or maybe some paint overspray that keep the blades from wiping all the water away.

I need a new winshield anyway maybe after that I'll get some Icons again, I like the way they look and work.

Ok I tried all kinds of blades that cost less than $15 and still no new windshield...

3 days ago I saw a rain-x lattitude for like 16 bucks and decieded what the hell, I'll try it. (I got the 18")

WOW! streak free wipe even with all the pitting in the glass. I only bought One cause I was ready to be disappointed but I'll be goin back for another now. Now I can get the bugs off the glass without making things worse. :)

I just bought some Goodyear blades when I saw them on sale at Costco (2 for 1 price at $9) for most of our cars. I also Rainex the windows and the wipers worked so well, I went back the next week and bought more for the rest of the vehicles at regular price, $9 each. Still happy with what I got for the $.

http://mplink.com/_goodyear/?mid=main

The wife has Bosch Icons on her Matrix for over 2 years and they still work well.

B

I used the Viewmax frameless ones from wal mart since I got my truck and they still worked well until my trip this summer. I bought the cheapest ones the store had and they are actually great. Only 8 bucks a piece.

I started using rain-x because one of my neighbours recommended it and I have to say that if you live in a place where it rains a lot (like Vancouver) you need to get this stuff. I costs about $10 per bottle which should last you a couple of years and it kicks ass. It will not matter what type of wipers you have!