SE XE LE?

MAXEDpath

Okay it's been bugging me since I got my pathy and I have tried to figure out what version I have so can I get some help here?????

There are no int/ext badges that say SE XE LE and on my title it doesn't show any................. SO how do I tell???????

driversseat.jpg

lowside.jpg

I dont know much about r50s but im going to guess SE it could be any of them though I think since you have the tire rack na spoiler possibly a SE and since you dont have leather seats not a LE but i could be very wrong about that.

Edited by edicer2

I know wd21s all the package means is the sticker on the hatch they are so mixed and matched... not sure on r50's though, figuring it's basicly the same though. :shrug:

I know wd21s all the package means is the sticker on the hatch they are so mixed and matched... not sure on r50's though, figuring it's basicly the same though. :shrug:

Ive always kinda wondered about that..

Ive never had any luck with mine. Its '93 with spare tire carrier. Adjust suspension thing, fog lights, AC. and I think CD player. Were the big perks. And chrome bumpers and mirrors. Alloy painted wheels.

Never have been able to pin down if it was SE or XE tho. Got all kinds of opinions tho. :/

Never have been able to pin down if it was SE or XE tho. Got all kinds of opinions tho. :/

Yea, I've mensioned a fiew times around here, both my 88s are SE packaged but are opposites. No reason or rythme to it :shrug:

I have the exact same model as yours. I'm in the same boat. I have never been able to figure it out. I knew it was either a XE or SE but I guess it's an XE according to everyone else. Mine is an automatic though, don't know if that matters.

Edited by HitMan

XE r50s were not badged. If it is in fact an XE it is a rare one like my dads because the 5 speed was only supposed to be available on the SE. Then again Nissan is on crack with their trim levels.

on the WD21 the trim level is just a sticker. As all the options were available on all the trucks. So you could get a truck that says XE on the back, but is exactly the same as an SE.

Edit: I saw a '90 four door in the yard with manual windows and door locks with a 5spd trans, so, super base model right? But it had a sunroof and a tire carrier.

Edited by silverton

This info is for early-model (96-99) R50's only.

You definitely have an XE with some extra options that make it nearly the same as an SE. The tire carrier, fender flares, step rails, and rear window deflector are not standard on most XE's. You basically have a fully-loaded XE model.

LE and SE are badged as such and have alloy wheels, and all XE's have steel wheels.

LE has fake woodgrain interior trim pieces and chrome bumpers

SE have chrome bumpers

Stock SE has 265/70R15 tires, LE and XE have 235/70R15 tires.

SE has has 4.636:1 axle gears, LE and XE have 4.363:1 axle gears

So, in order to turn your XE into an SE you would need:

an SE badge :D

4.636:1 axle gears

alloy wheels

bigger tires

BTW, one of the other interesting things about the XE and LE (vs the SE) is that because they came with smaller tires from the factory, the steering rack on the XE/LE is different than the SE. Because of this, the XE/LE have a smaller turning radius than the SE, and when large tires are installed, the XE/LE will have more pronounced rubbing when at full steering lock (especially full right) than the SE.

BTW, one of the other interesting things about the XE and LE (vs the SE) is that because they came with smaller tires from the factory, the steering rack on the XE/LE is different than the SE. Because of this, the XE/LE have a smaller turning radius than the SE, and when large tires are installed, the XE/LE will have more pronounced rubbing when at full steering lock (especially full right) than the SE.

Did not know that, that would explain why I needed to trim so much of my front bumper just to accommodate 31x10.5 tires.

That is interesting, where did you find this information?

Did not know that, that would explain why I needed to trim so much of my front bumper just to accommodate 31x10.5 tires.

why did u have to trim?

i got 31x10.5 with no trimming. just rub at full lock. i kno a lot of others are running the same wheels too with no problem