Wobbling Hood?

adamzan

For some reason my hood wobbles side to side when I hit bumps or am I on a rough patch of highway. I tightened up the rubber stops so it doesn't hop up and down but I think that made it worse. I also replaced the foam things on the hinge near the firewall but that didn't help either. Anyone else have this problem. It really pisses me off and makes my truck look like a pos whenever people ride in it. Also those rubber stops on the fenders are still there too.

I've never noticed mine to go side to side, just up and down a little until I adjusted the front pads.

my hood shakes too but my adjusters are low, I'm missing a rubber stop at the fender and don't have all the bolts in it shrug.gif

If you have both of those and they are in good shape then they "should" control the side to side movement pretty well.

LOL

I thought I had answered this one... :scratchhead:

Both of mine do/did this somewhat, but the red one more because of the fubared front end.

The hinges have no lateral rigidity. The hood rests on two rubber stops and is latched down in the center. There is nothing to prevent lateral shift or vibration. It can be caused by front end alignment, universal joints or maybe even tires motor mounts. Ignore it, the only time you have to worry about the hood is when it unlatches while you are driving on the freeway.

B

There should be a rubber pad about mid way up each fender that stop the hood from doing this. If you don't have them, pull them off one of your 456 parts trucks. :aok:

Ignore it, the only time you have to worry about the hood is when it unlatches while you are driving on the freeway.

B

:shrug: thats fun at 30mph (had it happen a couple times on different cars) I can only imagine the excitement at highway speeds!

my simple solution is still the same, front hood pins, I mounted mine in my 87 D21 where the front rubber bumpers were, bolted the pins in and placed a rubber bushing over the pin for the hood to sit on, no more wobble,shake or anything

5u4rpc.jpg

Not to knock it man, but to me, hood pins on something with the power a wd21 pushes is kinda like puttign a 200mph speedometer in it. Might as well buy altezzas and lower it. :my2cents:

Not to knock it man, but to me, hood pins on something with the power a wd21 pushes is kinda like puttign a 200mph speedometer in it. Might as well buy altezzas and lower it. :my2cents:

I've thought about pins just to eliminate the latch.

I used to have a FlowMaster sticker that gave me 15 HP.

Hardbody, nice truck!

I assume when the PO had the front end repaired after a wreck, that they replaced all the rubber bushings. All mine are in tact, and look brand new.

Probably why I have never seen my hood move...