Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

http://www.blindcatrescue.com

That place sends out alerts about blind cats in danger of being euthanized or that need adopted. Truman would of went to the local shelter, and I'm not sure he would of been adopted.

Yea, changing your furniture around is a big no-no for blind cats. His hearing is exceptional as you would expect. He's a great cat, little bit of a messy eater but what are you going to do!

Edited by Trogdor636

Satchmo... sixteen years old, deaf as a post, and missing a few teeth (his head is rotting). His best trick is to get into the litter box, hang his butt over the edge, and crap on the floor.

P1010057.jpg

But yeah, he's my cat. :) We actually have two, but the other one (Ilsa) is ex-feral and usually either hides under things or complains loudly (sometimes both). She still hasn't quite forgiven me for conducting Ilsa Hunts with my friends when I was younger.

Was it fries or onion rings he was after?? :unsure:

www.blindcatrescue.com

That place sends out alerts about blind cats in danger of being euthanized or that need adopted. Truman would of went to the local shelter, and I'm not sure he would of been adopted.

Yea, changing your furniture around is a big no-no for blind cats. His hearing is exceptional as you would expect. He's a great cat, little bit of a messy eater but what are you going to do!

I'll check it out but to be honest, I've only ever 'bought' a cat once, my first one when I was 8 years old. The next 4 have all adopted me and this one is probably (hopefully) good for another 10+ years barring accidents.

B

Was it fries or onion rings he was after?? :unsure:

B

Honestly anything that has a scent of chicken, he want's a part in and he loves paper bags.

I wasn't trying to imply you better rescue a blind cat. I just think its cool there is an organization that cares and has resources like that to help.

When your wifes a vet tech, your mom runs the creamatory at a vet hospital and your mother in law runs the receptionist area of a vet hospital (fourtinatly my wife at a different one than the moms) you would be amazed at the orginazations that are out there...

I get it. Poop has a thing for boxes. Bags are good, but boxes are the best!! :D

I wasn't trying to imply you better rescue a blind cat. I just think its cool there is an organization that cares and has resources like that to help.

No worries, I didn't take it that way. The cat I tried to adopt to be Poops bud was from Forgotten Feline, an organization that runs a volunteer thrift store to fund their program of catching feral cats, vaccinating/fixing them and putting them up for adoption. Yeah, there are a lot of that sort of thing and I support them when I can. :aok:

B

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my kitties.

We lost Graffix and Max in the last month. Both of them were old and suffered kidney failure. On the happy side, we had a litter of 5 kittens appear in our back yard. We took all 5 in and got them fixed, they are about 6 months old now. Names, girls are Smudge, and Camo, bothe named for their colorings. Boys are Bully, Mittens, and Tiger. I think we are keeping all 5 now, originally we were going to try and adopt out 2 of them, but after losing our old guys, we decided to just keep em all. I'll post some pics when I can.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hah! Insane is what is wrong with him. It's in the eyes if you dare to look close enough... :lol:

I hereby pronounce your cat 'normal' as it applies to them. (Psychopathic)

B

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my fuzzballs: Sasha is the Chiweenie (half-chihuahua half dachshund) and Booger, otherwise known as Agent Orange because he is incredibly destructive. They're good friends, but Booger doesn't like the way Sasha smells so he bathes her all the time.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Booger also has a unique talent. . . fetching. I did not teach him to do this, he just does it. My wife and I got him from an adoption agency called Cat Haven in Baton Rouge, LA after my cat of 15 years (Impala, RIP) passed away. A day or two after bringing him home, he dropped a milk jug top at my feet and looked up at me. It was so much like a dog wanting you to throw something for them that I jokingly threw it. He went right to it, picked it up, and brought it right back. It is his favorite game; he will go as long as you will throw.

• 1 month later...

:lol:

Booger, otherwise known as Agent Orange because he is incredibly destructive. They're good friends, but Booger doesn't like the way Sasha smells so he bathes her all the time.

How did I miss this? Good names and awesome cat! That is the most dog like fetch I have ever seen a cat do. Three cheers for our feline masters! :D

B

• 2 months later...

Had to post this here with all you cat lovers. Funny how cats are universal. I mean, whether they are in North America, Europe, Asia, etc. they are pretty much the same. This vid made me LOL!

Holy crap, that is hysterical!! I have never seen a cat play with a vacuum cleaner...

It is strange how trusting cats can be once they know you. While I have no video goodness to show, my cat Poop amazes me with what he'll put up with. Today I was building planters; drilling holes with a 3/16" drill, driving 1/4"x3.5" lag screws with an impact driver and trimming with a circ saw. Poop is lounging 10' away, standing guard apparently, never flinching or even looking, even when I rip a 2x6.

One evening I showed my wife a 10"x18" dry section in a watered planter. That is where Poop was sitting and apparently didn't want to move, so I just watered all around him, with a hose no less. He never flinched.

As a matter of fact, if I am digging in the garden I have to watch out because Poop will either paw at the hole, trying to help apparently, or simply attack dirt. Sometimes I can't even get the shovel clear before he gets involved. It can actually be a pain in the arse!

Here is the loving little house predator in bed with my wife, both dead asleep. I think they might be cheating on me... :unsure:

002-Copy_zps7fa90f1e.jpg

B

I love these damn animals. They are so much more intelligent than us. Sure, they can't post on a website but, they can "own" our emotions. Not to mention, they "choose" to live with us. If they disapprove, they go to the next house for free vitals. FML. mad.gif

I've been been adopted... 4 times now so I guess I am cat friendly, but as a previous bio-major I like almost all animals.

Poop adopted us. He used to live a few doors down, but decided that we were who he wanted to live with. For most of a year, he would spend the night (every night) but we wouldn't feed him, so he would run home in the morning (to eat, presumably). He would actually sit in the rain on the first floor roof and meow into the window until we got up and let him in at night.

After a while and contact with the 'owners', they said to feel free to feed him. At that point, he stopped going 'home'.

We moved and brought him with us and he seems to love it here with his own door and such. I still call for him in the evening sometimes, "POOP!!!". I'm sure the neighbors loves it... :lol:

Oh, I caught him sniffing noses with the sweetheard rotweiler next door through a knothole in the fence the other day. He is a character and part of our family. Three cheers for Poop!! :lol:

B

Cute girl and awesome cats! It is amazing how they can develope when survival isn't the immediate concern. Cats that is, but the girl too; she'll learn as well... ;)

Ella (?) in the first shot looks like the serious guard cat. I had the honor of knowing one like that. If he was sleeping on the deck stairs, the pitbull wouldn't dare to try to get by. Little bloodshed, but definite pecking order!

B

X64Qa4Tl.jpg

The two indoor cats

TByQr2Pl.jpg

She showed up a few years ago and my father started feeding her. Took her years but she sits in my lap now and scratches everyone less!