Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

Yeah, we lost our India last month. We had to take her to the vet to have her put out of her misery. Her kidneys were giving up and she was sick. Peaty was looking all over the house for her and wasn't playing like he usually did. We think that he was grieving as she has been there since he was a kitten.

So, we decided to give another little kitty a chance. We picked up Chiana (Chi-Ana) a couple of weeks ago and is proving to be a good decision. Peat loves her and now our living room is a constant mess again.

1004548_652231948155077_1466026685_n.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that. So she was an indoor cat?

B

She was just starting to explore going outside with us. She just got used to using outside todo her business. She had got into some sort of rumble and had a limp for a week or so, she was ok. But, we were all fairly certain she was inside before we left, but never actually saw her. The girl who came over to feed her never saw her either. We searched the neighborhood but no luck. We set food outside for her and a few of her toys, but only saw the neighbors cat. Bummer.

On the other hand, we will not be getting another pet. We have lots/gave away two pets now. No more for a while.

That sucks! Cats are quite territorial, so could be that she got run off by another cat and got lost or went looking for a safe home when you were gone. She never turned up at local shelters? Sometimes people take in 'lost' cats though... :shrug:

B

• 1 month later...

That is awesome! It looked like it was trying to scent mark the boy, and snuggle at the same time.

It is about the biggest I'd want to deal with though, considering how Poop attacked my arm last night, while he was laying on me!

Most cats are as crazy as they are awesome...

B

New house guest, dad's cat moved in along with him.

9dvw.jpg

She was left by the previous tenants and attached herself to him. Really friendly, well mannered and even handled the car 1.5hr ride in the Pathy like it was nothing.

Currently she has no real name other than "Kitty" but if the boys have their way, she will be going by "Oreo" soon.

Obviously a cat who is happy to have a place. :aok:

She was left by the previous tenants and attached herself to him. Really friendly, well mannered and even handled the car 1.5hr ride in the Pathy like it was nothing.

I've never understood that mentality. Yes, cats are more territorially and dogs more personally bound, but it is your damn pet that relies on you and not something to be abandoned when it isn't convenient any longer. To me it speaks volumes of the person... P...

B

• 1 month later...

The short of it, his ex-parents couldn't be bothered with buying him the correct needed food (he has bladder stone issues and this S.O. food keeps them from developing and will help with ones already formed) as it was 'too expensive' (about the cost of a normal bag of food from what Crystal sais, I don't pay for it directly so I don't care) but can openly brag to the world about paying for tattoos, buying new tvs, coach purses, and multiple pairs of shoes/boots 2 days after giving him and another cat up (because he was too friendly and they couldn't watch tv without having to pet him). Adult cat with pre-existing health issues going to a shelter? We know what would happen to him, they both ended up here, non-issue was found a home and Moose stays. Lets just say I'm not exactly on speaking terms with my neighbor and he knows I ain't happy with him...

Ouch!

Yeah, I've heard of that my food, my mom was the local runner up cat lady for a while. No, it isn't a burden...

It does sound like a pretty irresponsible and selfish situation, it is probably best that the cats are not around them any more. Good for you for taking Moose in, he looks pretty laid back. I hope he does well there...

B

My buddy Bill, whom I bought my pathfinder from brought this cat back with him and his wife when they were stationed over in Okinawa , the cat has 3 legs, can't even tell where the 4th leg should be, no stub or anything, the cat get's around just fine !!

1zx4jl1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I bet he doesn't climb that well...

I too had a friend with a 3 legged cat, one of the front missing and it didn't seem to care either. It still ran around like mad and was trained to fetch bottle caps, like 'drop it in your hand' fetch!

Here is Poop in the morning.

001_zpsc84470f9.jpg

Oh, wait, let me turn off the camera flash...

002_zps074885bc.jpg

He is sitting on a heater vent in his own private sauna. :D

B

:lol: Nice! We call that "ambush" in our house. Both Peaty and Chiana play the game. Peat is better at the attack but, Chiana is catching on. That is awesome ... just shared that with the wife.

• 2 weeks later...