Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

True... ;)

Ok, here is Poop going from Off to Blend in as fast as my old palsy hands can pull the trigger (from what time laps photos show, I'm guessing 1-1.2 seconds).

045.jpg

046.jpg

And the new addition!! 4 month old feral (newturd, shot and inspected) cat adoption that proves to live up to Poop standards,,,

235.jpg

248.jpg

I'm considering the name Kruger...

B

Awe yay, B, a basement cat! Some one suggested I name Jynx 'Lou C Fur'. I had no idea at the time how fitting a name it would have been.

• 1 month later...

Sadly enough, we had to return the little fuzz ball. Poop made it very clear to me that this was the worst idea ever. He made it very clear someone must die, and I wasn't prepared for it to be me. He would actually swipe a me inside the house without and provocation. Jealous little sheit!! :crazy:

Anywho, we are a one cat home until Poop eats sheit and so be it. Here is the little mongoloid using Poopoflage out on the savanna (dead front lawn)...

057.jpg

B

It is a feral cat relocation center, literally 'Forgotten Felines'.

They understood when I explained the scenario. I donated food and a scratching post/mouse toy I built that the new owners took with the little bastage. Still miss him, he was awesome, but they send me a card about him in his new home... *sniff*

B

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been meaning to post in this thread forever, but my reason for posting now is because I lost my Kitty today. His name was Percy, and last Monday I took him into the vet because he had been kind of lethargic. After a bunch of tests, it turns out he was anemic, and he had feline leukemia. His red blood cell count was dropping, and before he started to suffer we decided today to put him to sleep. He wasn't even 2 years old, life had barely begun. RIP Percy.

7129173B-orig.jpg

• 2 months later...

I thought this was amusing...

The fastest cheetah on Earth has done it again, breaking her previous world record for the 100-meter dash and setting a new best time of 5.95 seconds.

This feat surpasses the fastest of all human 100-meter sprinters by almost four seconds. Usain Boltexternal-link.png, a Jamaican sprinter now competing at the 2012 London Olympics, holds the human world record at 9.58 seconds in the 100-meter dash.

There is a video, the cheetah starts out of a cage in the back of an suv, so I think they could shave off some more time with a good launch.

B

Sherbet, not so much anymore. Hes still playful and lovable as can be, just grew a couple brain cells eventually. Puppy though... She is one stupid, hi wired maroon!

Ive only posted pics of my kitty that passed away. Here are pics of Kawi, who I've had since he was a kitten, and he's 6 now. His fur is currently shaved for the summer but he looks like he is part Maine Coon.

The black kitty is Truman. That's his first day home. He's been blind since birth, and he came to us after his previous owners gave him up. He isn't fully blind, the vet thinks he can only see shadows. He chases Kawi around, and he has caught a few bugs so he doesn't let blindness bother him one bit. Took him a day or two to figure out the house layout, but he cruises around now and honestly I forget he is blind.

7DCECF5E-orig.jpg

749AE824-orig.jpg

I need to introduce our second cat. This is Peaty. He's two years old and he's dumb as a board but, he really means well and makes us laugh all the time. Actually, he is usually laying here by my computer while I shoot the breeze with all of you guys. He's always "helping" me when I bring the tool bag out and chases the vacuum while our other kitty (India) is running for her life from the "kitty killer".

Here's Peat helping me repair a blown speaker after a night of heavy drinking and loud music ..

403578186.jpg

Peat loves to hang out on the "jungle gym" (a.k.a. our coffee table)

403578187.jpg

Here he is hangin' all fours ..

403578188.jpg

:rofl:

"He's two years old and he's dumb as a board"

Thanks, that cracked me up too! :beer:

Here is a fun little something article with cat cams. I've wanted to set up a quality unit and have my own Poopcam. :lol:

Actually, I really want to see (and film) how he catches hummingbirds...

http://www.usatoday....kill/56831262/1

That sewer stalking cat is close though. Imagine what a terror he would be, nothing larger, meaner or more capable could get down there.

Fark that 'keep them indoors they engage in risky behavior' crap, though! Declaw them too, they'll never know and they don't need them.

Keep your kid tied to his bed to keep him safe too... :rolleyes:

*pet peave*

B

The black kitty is Truman. That's his first day home. He's been blind since birth, and he came to us after his previous owners gave him up. He isn't fully blind, the vet thinks he can only see shadows. He chases Kawi around, and he has caught a few bugs so he doesn't let blindness bother him one bit. Took him a day or two to figure out the house layout, but he cruises around now and honestly I forget he is blind.

That's pretty cool that he gets around so well! I don't believe I've ever seen a cat that was (mostly) blind all its life. Considering how well some blind people can compensate with hearing and how well a cat hears, I imagine he can do quite well in a mostly static environment. Don't go re-arranging the furniture though.. :D

Cats seem to adapt to problems well though, I don't think they know how to give up. At least none that I have had. I've met one that was born 3 legged (only 1 front) and it was no slower than it's litter mates. :shrug:

B