Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

uhm, well, I have 7 kitteh's left now (my baby Putz got badly injured by a raccoon about 3 weeks ago, we had to shoot him)

anyhoo..... uh, here's my gang. all the kittens are brother/sister, and born around June last summer. Knothead is 7 yrs old and the daddy of all except Sox (foreigner got in and made him with momma cat). Momma cat is the calico, and Squirt is an adult but looks like a kitten lol. all 3 of her kittens died last year.. they don't know to stay out from under quad tires apparently :sssh:

here is Nagala (taken today) she is the only female kitten, but a wicked awesome hunter

31610Nagala1.jpg

Taken today.....From L-R are Sox, Nagala, Knothead, Brody n Skid behind him.

31610KnotheadnTheKittehs.jpg

Momma Cat taken 12-29-09 yes, she's walking on the pond

122909Momma.jpg

Squirt last Oct. Lucky was Squirts last remaining kitten out of the 3, but died at 6 weeks old :-(

SquirtnLucky101009.jpg

Edited by Slick

I am jealous of all your orange tabbys, Slick!!

I will try to ignore that someone is squashing them with a quad though...

B

lol. with lucky, stupid squirt took him somewhere....... he obviously managed to crawl back tot he barn and died there. we searched for days for him. doug hit squirt a couple years back with the weed whacker (accident.. she was hiding int he long grass...) hence her head always being tilted tot he side. she can't straighten it, and i think it has made her retarded. she acts like a kitten, looks like a kitten, and is the most useless mother....

as for the quad incident, doug was going out in the dark (9pm) on the quad to fix the mower for me as it dropped dead in the middle of a 16 acre field... he made sure to move the kittens to a bale of straw. by the time he got on the quad n backed up, lucky was the only kitten not to get run over (hence his name)..... they were very people loving kittens.... it got them killed.

The kittahs get everything... including the kitchen sink!!!

they spoiled lols. they have a dog house with 2 blankets then soft fleece to sleep on by the dryer vent on the porch lol.

this is squirt and 3 kittens in sept 2009 i believe,(not hers) the kittens are no longer alive. they died at 3 weeks old :-(

a.jpg

Yeah, I got him a harness & a flexilead so I could take him outside. He's an inside cat, as I don't want road pizza (aka sailcat). He's surprisingly easy going about the harness. I'm hoping he can learn to stay in the backyard with us under supervision, as my parents have done with their cats.

Mine fear the door and we can't get Sherbert to keep his collar on, too big of a pretty boy to wear it. That or he don't like the fact it's hot pink. (Has his AvidChip info tag on it, only reason we even bother. All or cats are chipped. Don't forget to register your chips or they will only go back to the vet that put them in!)

• 2 weeks later...

Max was a stray, if I were to take him outside I think he might freak out that I was retuning him to that life. He is quite happy indoors and will sit at the door with it wide open, but will not step out. Some of our other cats have had visits (being carried), or snuck out. When they sneak out they run about 10ft and start sniffing everything in sight and don't get much further, lol.

I have never had an indoor cat so it seems odd to me. Not saying I don't understand the reasons for it but Poop would never stand for it and I don't think it would be right if I tried to keep him from alternately attacking and climbing trees, stalking dogs and prowling people walking by. The other day we had to pick him up to keep him from going blender on some old lady's punt puppy. He isn't the stay at home type and I'm sure that isn't part of our understanding... :shrug:

B

Well, aside from Max, we have one pet store cat, 2 Cat Welfare adoptees, and one that is the son of another stray we had. His dad was a come and go cat, but all of them are homebodies now. We do have 2 regular neighborhood cats that stop by, one likes to sleep on my wife's convertible.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!! Poop is terrified of being inside a moving vehicle as I found out one day. I couldn't even make it around the block...

precise1 i think our cats are long lost twins!! :shiftyeyes:

Damn, I'd have to agree!! Congrats!! :D

poop is so cute. the kittens eyes opened today, dey soh coote!

Yeah, fluffballs are adorable!!

B