Help ..!...i Cant Remove My Maf Sensor

arty

So I read a post earlier bout cleanin ur maf sensor so this morning I was going to remove it but those lil screws are just so weak and tight ....I tried it with a flat head and they just stripped now I can't take them off .....guys I need help any Ideas ....thankz in advance

i had the same problem, pull the whole airbox top off and disconnect the main air intake hose and i think they're a 10mm socket too try that and if that doesn't work the grab some vice grips un screw them and get some new screws.

If you can't get them off with vice grips, stop! Go get a new set of screws first, then take a dremel and cut the heads off the screws and pull the MAF. Then you can take the rremains of the screw out and put it back together with the new ones.

Duct Taping it in because you broke the screws off is not an option!!!

If you can't get them off with vice grips, stop! Go get a new set of screws first, then take a dremel and cut the heads off the screws and pull the MAF. Then you can take the rremains of the screw out and put it back together with the new ones.

Duct Taping it in because you broke the screws off is not an option!!!

Hahah ....tape was never an option for me ......

Mine were very tight. I used a flat head hex bit in a 1/4 drive socket and ratchet. Held it in place and got leverage. Never would have gotten it with a screw driver.

GG is right about how to proceed.

B

• 3 weeks later...

So if it gets dirty and stops working properly, you just replace it? That is the same as wasting money togo.gif

A lot of people, myself included, have cleaned them. With a little care and understanding of how to do it, you will seldom ever have a problem.

Mine was difficult to remove but I won. It wasn't necessary to change those screws just to lubricate them a little bit.

Do you people think this MAF needs to be cleaned? It seems to me to be clean enough. I'm waiting for your opinion. :coffee!:

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/camsonat/1110.jpg

Edited by camsonat

a lot of people think "well, it wasn't that dirty" or "it can't be that effective"............ you'd be wrong. when you take the MAF off, there are just 2 tiny wires running across it...... take a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on it and GENTLY clean the wires..... both my trucks MAF's were dirty (no, there wasn't big brown stains all over the q-tip lol)and on one truck the CEL turned off. finally lol