Mr Jims Pathy

tbecktold

in Seattle

l_05d9a23957bc461f8d828b89f3d3ee26.jpg

Hosted by myspace, I will rehost later. There are a bunch of pics, this is just one.

It's at Campbell Nelson Auto Wrecking, 888-337-7757, ask for Dave.

Anybody know what happened?

Edited by tbecktold

Yep, seems like a waste to 'throw' it away. It has plenty of good work/components on it that it would warrant motor/drive train swap, etc. Perhaps it was water damaged or something?

Anyone in the area want to check it out with the plans to strip it and distribute the parts? I'd want some and can finance it.

Hell, mine is even the same color...

B

Ok I just got off the phone with Jim and he wanted to fill in NPORA with what has happened and ultimately led to this.

First off let me say that he did not know it was being parted.

As told to me by Jim himself... The last four years have been hectic and a bit trying for him, big story so I'll only talk about what relates to MrJim (his truck).

He ended up getting a divorce from his wife, which he is still dealing with. It's been a very long process that has cost him a lot. Early on it was ordered that his wife was to get everything in the house and on the property. And since MrJim was sitting there with a bad clutch, the truck was included in the ruling.

Jim figured he would get it back later since he wife did not really want it anyway, well not so. Apparently she had someone push/tow it out and leave it on the side of the road. No one ever told Jim and it was towed, something he did not know about for a long time.

Skipping to the end, he recently saw it at the wrecking yard for sale as a whole truck. His girlfriend urged him to buy it back, but he just could not bring himself to stop and inquire about it.. just not the same (for those of you who understand).

He had no idea that it was being parted until I told him a couple minutes ago, which although he did not want to hear that, he is also somewhat relieved that it is. This way no one person will have *his* baby, but it will live on in other trucks.

As Jim and I discussed, that wrecking yard likely has no idea what they have there. MrJim is so heavily modified that it's almost unreal. He stopped short of doing a SAS on it but just about everything else has been gone through and modified or upgraded. Those of you who remember when Jim was an active part of the forums and even before "NPORA" even existed and everyone was on the old forums at the old site, you all can vouch for much of what was done to that truck.

Sad to see it there, but hopefully others will snag the good stuff (and there is a lot of it) for their own trucks!

Jim if you read this.... Go buy your baby back! I'll (We'll?)help you get whatever is missing, there is a flat rate low priced yard down here for whatever you need! :aok:

Jim, I only been hear about a year but I know your roots with the foundation of this comunity go way back, I would be devastated to see my1path in a yard(family vehcle for 20 years), so I know how a person can get attached esp if they put lots of time, energy and care into it. I hope you can get it back or one day get into another pathfinder project that you can make legend.

he recently saw it at the wrecking yard for sale as a whole truck. His girlfriend urged him to buy it back, but he just could not bring himself to stop and inquire about it.. just not the same (for those of you who understand).

Well, honestly, I don't understand. I'd want the truck back, but everyone is wired differently... :shrug:

If I was closer, I'd go get the entire thing and have an identical twin set. 1 manual wheeler, one auto DD.

Jim, if you were to accept it, a lot of people would help you get it right again.

Best of luck with things...

B

Yea, sometimes you don't want to think back at certian times, some objects can make you do that. I'd much rather see it back on the road and help if I could but at the same time wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of the parts as well. I don't have to worry about seeing any of my old cars again. They either get crushed or go out of state.

Heck, the wheels and tires ALONE look like they're worth more than whatever the JY would likely sell it for! That thing doesn't look like it's in bad shape at all. If it was an R50 I'd grab it just for the parts!!

Heck, the wheels and tires ALONE look like they're worth more than whatever the JY would likely sell it for! That thing doesn't look like it's in bad shape at all. If it was an R50 I'd grab it just for the parts!!

wheels+tires+bumper= WAAAY more than whatever the place could b asking

daumn

Very much so. :(

That pisses me off. Stupid women like that who hose their SO for everything and then some in a divorce, give the rest of us a bad name. (sorry)

Since it has yard numbers all over it, I would say that it is being parted out ;)

I know. But they're the ultimate "make a deal" types. For the right price, they'd sell their mother's underwear with her still in it... So wondering if there's a price they'd take for the whole thing. Maybe some of the WD21 owners could buy it for the parts - sure as heck appreciate it more than most folks. :shrug: