Weight be Damned - I need a BOV - Zombie Killing Rig

GreyAliens

Prep your Pathy for Natural Disaster Survival  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you / Will you Set up your Bug Out Vehicle ?!?

• Zombies? What Zombies?
    • Keep a First Aid Kit and a Power Bar
    • Solar Blanket, bottle of Water, snickers bars
    • Sleeping Bag, Crank Radio, Gallon Water
    • MRE's, Gallons Water, Shotgun, CB, Flares (to scare the zombies)
    • I'll wait at the mall/job/street for government assistance

Having survived the 89 San Francisco Earthquake (Brick almost fell on my head while helping other people stay indoors)...

Seeing on tv how Katrina Hurricane people did not have services for weeks

Watching Tsunamis Tornadoes and other natural and man made disasters leave people living in ..

you gotta realize you may not be at your nicely prepared home / safe site / bunker when SHTF (Stuff Hits the Fan)... most likely we will be at work or a movie theatre or bar or out with the kids or the spouse... so it's smart to keep some sort of supplies in your vehicle.

Npw i know your mpg will decrease and chances are you will never see a natural disaster but if it occurs.... what do you or would you like to keep in your vehicle? keep in mind these are usually daily drivers but keeping a bin full of small meds, water, food, radio, lighter, flashlights... I don't know there are endless possibilites ... extra gas can? water? dehydrated food? holy water and some wooden stakes? heh heh

So post your ideal rig for emergency preparedness or BOV Bug Out Vehicle or Zombie Patrol Vehicle...

Remember Zombies must have their head cut off to be stopped. :scratchhead:

or :crazy: or :ar15: just be prepared! :excl:

forum mods - can we move this topic to the general forum so everyone can post (if they want) I meant to not limit it to the WD21 forum thanks!

Gus. Grey Aliens

Edited by GreyAliens

I'm old-school. Friggin zombies can't eat my brains if I'm chewing through their necks to remove their heads. As for what I keep with me? A toothpick.

My bov would be ether my pathy or old k20 with a big heavy duty bumper and wince(for running the zombies over) with reinforced glass with shutters on them.If it was the 20 I would have a old browning 50 mounted in the bed or a custom topper that aloud me to enter the cab with out get out of the truck much like a old blazer.

33 inch terra grapplers on the pathy or 40 inch boggers on the 20.

I would remove the rear seats on the pathy to have more room for the chics I'd pick up(whos going to turn down a ride when zombies are all over the place?)

I would have food and tow a old school trailer filled with fuel.

My armuments would consist of ether of my shot guns(ithca 37 or winchester 25 with the plugs removed) ,ether my remington 700 or ruger 77 or marlin 35. and probly a magnum or two...357 or 41 are my preford choices as there not as heavy has the 44 or 50.

I figue this would is a pretty good combo since I have not listed any thing that is hard to find and should be found at any locals house.And I would not bring tooth picks I would bring those little flas/pick things since I would not want a tooth pick to stab me in the heart.

I carry my MSR waterfilter in my truck, so spare water isnt a concern... unless im in the desert. .... and I have all my camping supplies at all times... + a box o 500 bullets... but thats just for a 22...... I carry many knives... so I could cut off some zombie heads if I had to ...... if I need gas... hell... I'm just gonna take it.. I know how to cut a line if I have to ... and at that point its me or you... and im gonna do what I have to... so im not worried about gas either....Ive got an axe, machete, spare boots, clothes,...the list goes on and on... i'm not gonna save gas and ride around in an empty suv... that would be an oxymoron...

and I can make my own toothpicks... :new576: I live in Seattle so I am alwayse prepared for "the big one" myself.... bring it on! ....(maybe I shouldnt have said that...) :hide:

2102029040104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by beavis0076

And nearing the end of the 26,000 year galactic cycle, God said; 'the end of days will indeed be severe.. and there will be but 19,000 survivors, and 19 D21 Pathfinders. And these forces will unite and work from the (ground) up, to reestablish civilization, not as we know it now, but in marvellous and fantastical ways we cannot yet even imagine. (God finishes sentence, relaxes in chair, sips from coffee cup, flips remote.)

To realistically survive an apocalyptic event, I would opt for:

86-89: single-piece body

Replace all glass with military grade bulletproofing, line panels with similar materials.

Full external rollcage, ideally integrated into the chassis.

ARB Winch bumper/Ram

Second bulkhead/strengthening behind the rear seats.

Diesel powered for low flammability and fuel range, either TD27T (Terrano) or shoehorned TD42 (GQ Safari/Patrol). No computers and easy to maintain in wake of zombies.

Safari Snorkel extending above the rollcage

Massively boosted electrical setup

Obviously mechanical diff lockers front and rear

Ideally a solid front axle for inherent strength

Mat-trax for traversing otherwise impassible terrain

Or otherwise just get a GQ Patrol.

I'm sure I'm missing lots more.

Sorry admin thats my 2nd Land Rover photo now! But I couldnt find one of a Pathy with mattracks.

I carry my MSR waterfilter in my truck, so spare water isnt a concern... unless im in the desert. .... and I have all my camping supplies at all times... + a box o 500 bullets... but thats just for a 22...... I carry many knives... so I could cut off some zombie heads if I had to ...... if I need gas... hell... I'm just gonna take it.. I know how to cut a line if I have to ... and at that point its me or you... and im gonna do what I have to... so im not worried about gas either....Ive got an axe, machete, spare boots, clothes,...the list goes on and on... i'm not gonna save gas and ride around in an empty suv... that would be an oxymoron...

and I can make my own toothpicks... :new576: I live in Seattle so I am alwayse prepared for "the big one" myself.... bring it on! ....(maybe I shouldnt have said that...) :hide:

2102029040104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

I live around seattle too, but I try not to worry about the big one. Zombies cruising around looking for some scrumtious brain eatings, I can deal with. The ground/roads ripping apart while Mt Rainier is blowing it's top is something that will deal with all of us when the time comes. :my2cents:

s'long as i have my Winchester 1300 Home Defense shotgun I'm good.

beavis...is that a weathertech trunk mat? how do you like it?

Yea, its a weather tech. I love it! I have that on top, and you can spill literaly gallons of liquid and it will not get out, plus I have the plastic hard mat that came with the truck under that, and then I keep my axe and whatnot under that.. multipul layers.

Zombie Survival ?

1 of these

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5/mp510/mp510.htm

2 Glock 17s, one on each side.

1 mid-size backpack with ammunition.

1 of these. The neck protection will come in handy during multiple zombie encounters.

http://www.dangerproof.com/standard-bullet...243a5bde0f180b3

1 of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEA-Armor-Tactical-Fac...0QQcmdZViewItem

1 of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BULLETPROOF-HELMET-LG-...2QQcmdZViewItem

1 pair of light tactical boots, primarily in case zombies try to bite my legs. Also helpful when wading through rubbish.

1 each of these.

http://www.huntingblades.com/ulhuplblfo.html

http://www.huntingblades.com/forestknife1.html

1 of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WGQ9YI

And, depending on the situation and weight, 1 of these.

http://www.snipercentral.com/psg1.htm

Couple of small water packs and some candy & protein bars in zippers in my pants.

Anything else, well, I can just take it when I need it. :)

Oh, and my Pathfinder Lara of course. Packed with ammo and goodies. :)

Edited by GoPathyGo

GoPathyGo! Man nice gear! I have friends and family who are LEO's FEDDY and OR ex military... I like thath gear... probably would never use it but i wouldn't mind having them! hopefully I buy my house before the end of the year and then I can get a nice safe to keep some of the sutff when not in use, and start collecting some home protection stuff heh heh.

Speaking of which they way things are in Venezuela right now (in some parts) those vests would make a nice gift for some of my family members.

Buy me another Pinto....YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!

*snort*

I killed a '71 by driving off a bridge into a river. Pintos do not make good planes or boats.

rooftent.jpg

or

smart-truck-3.jpg

Prolly second one - the Smartruck Mk 3... it can withstand 150lb IED's and RPG's... I think it could keep the Zombies out and my family In :)

I LOVE that tent setup! Where can one get that from?

GoPathyGo! Man nice gear! I have friends and family who are LEO's FEDDY and OR ex military... I like thath gear... probably would never use it but i wouldn't mind having them! hopefully I buy my house before the end of the year and then I can get a nice safe to keep some of the sutff when not in use, and start collecting some home protection stuff heh heh.

Speaking of which they way things are in Venezuela right now (in some parts) those vests would make a nice gift for some of my family members.

Thanks. If I actually had all that gear, I'd almost welcome Zombies! Unless something went horribly wrong of course. :crossedwires:

Edited by GoPathyGo

Thanks. If I actually had all that gear, I'd almost welcome Zombies! Unless something went horribly wrong of course. :crossedwires:

I'm with you, Jaya! :aok:

I've played enough Resident Evil to know it's firepower and armor, f*ck the rest! :lol:

Nice job. :D

• 1 month later...