New dead beat member alert

Precise1

My Dad's giving a hand up and letting me swap a month's rent in exchange for helping paint his house. When I get paid again in two weeks I will be able to send at least $100. I have a set of PIAA 520's I wasn't using that I'm sending as well, not as partial payment, but as a gift. I'll post back with a tracking number if I can get a chance to visit the post office during the day.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Aaron, that would be a step in the right direction. Good luck with work and the painting. My dad was a painter and I know how hard it can be...

B

• 1 month later...

I believe that is only when there has been some sort of resolution, agreement or progress but to retain visibility.

It seems to have gone from progress to stalled in your case. Perhaps that should be revisited... :shrug:

B

How about a feedback category in the classifieds section? I have had some good luck swapping parts here and the good guys should be recognized. It would reward those that honor their word and shame those that don't. It's not a perfect solution, but it's a start.

I believe that is only when there has been some sort of resolution, agreement or progress but to retain visibility.

It seems to have gone from progress to stalled in your case. Perhaps that should be revisited... :shrug:

B

A smart man, B is! :D

I concur with you, man. It's just wheels spinning in the sand... And this time an open diff is not the culprit. ;)

I think a mod should lock this thread again before it gets too out of hand. Good luck B and 88.

Not my place to say but :aok: . anyway goodluck, I hope to see it resolved or at least being worked on correctly..

maybe an agreement of say llike $20 every 2 weeks at the minimum? Thats the least. Throw in more when possible. Hell, I had to borrow money from a friend (I hate doing that). And to pay him back, I got a second job just for that purpose. I owed him 1500. A lot of money, but paid him back in 3 months time. He didn't rush me cause he new i had another job to pay him back, and when i got paid, he went to the bank with me when i cashed my check and i gave him 100% of the check everytime. That was my solution. I kept the job and saved up a good 2000 in savings for just in case before i quit. Oh, i was working at Taco Bell to get it done. May not be the best look for a grown person (not me, I'm only 21) but sh!t has to get done. Just what i thnk.

Jose

Sounds like you are a grown person to me, Jose, both in body and mind. You put in some extra effort, took care of the debt and were smart enough to set aside some $ for eventualities (because they happen).

Who hasn't needed a loan at some time? No shame in that, it's called life circumstances...

As for your $20/2 week suggestion, I agree, but $20 a month would have paid it off by now but it has been over 3 years without a single payment, so I don't really see that happening...

The problem is lack of effort or concern and thinking that theft is acceptable. I don't think that is going to change. Sad but true... :shrug:

B

How about a feedback category in the classifieds section? I have had some good luck swapping parts here and the good guys should be recognized. It would reward those that honor their word and shame those that don't. It's not a perfect solution, but it's a start.

a regional site i use does that, its for vbulliten and its an extra called iTrader, you can leave feedback that shows a 'itrader score' under their name, makes it pretty easy in the market

Yea I agree B...sorry bro...hope it works out for the best for ya...i mean at the least he could give you his truck...

It's sad on multiple fronts tho b/c this is another one of the reasons i don't participate much (and know its been "shown" before in this thread) but all this $ was donated and things were going to "upgrade" and nothing happened yet and from what i gathered is theres a lifetime subscription to IPB so the rest of that $ just sits or gets abused...

I was lurking as i do much of lately and figured this was one of the posts that deserved my $.02...and along those lines i think the mod threads should be readable but not postable by members...i'm really curious to what's been going on behind the scenes

anywho...good luck B...hope some of the mods have some access to control on here so members don't have to deal with the whole "Mr Jim" MIA bull@!*%...make that my $.04 or $.06 worth

UNCC.

I believe that's why Red and Pezzy were made admins. While they don't have the total control that 88 does, they can do some things. We are, however, still at the mercy of 1 person, which doesn't make a whole pile of sense on a board this size. Especially when he's been very sporadic on the boards in recent years.

Gotcha...sorry about that thread jack anywho...and just a clarification I didnt mean all threads in the mod area...just ones that may be beneficial to members to know what is going on concerning developments on advancements in the board etc and so on

• 2 months later...

So......with 88's recent posts saying he's back on his feet, and has the money to pay B back, I'm wondering if anything is happening in this regard? Have you been contacted B? Or is my ass full of smoke again??! :lol: