New dead beat member alert

Precise1

Well, I'd held off on this due to privacy, empty promises made over the time and the fact that he wasn't active on the site for a while but in light of recent events it not only emphasizes the need to alert members, but makes me wonder what other things are lurking under the surface here. Time to chime in...

Unfortunately, I can not locate the thread that deals with this transaction (many items were purged not to long ago) but it would tell you little as I made no public announcements. I'll have to describe the scenario to you and then simply copy PMs from that time. I think that will be enough...

3 years ago Aaron's (88pathoffroad) autotranny failed and he was somewhat stranded. He found a local 88 for parts (specifically the tranny) for $800 but didn't have the cash to get it. I offered to loan him the $, outlining a quick turn around from parting the vehicle out, etc which he agreed to. While we have discussed lack of repayment several times over the years (always me contacting Aaron) and promises were made, I have never received a single penny, part or Christmas card. I believe that is entitled 'grand theft'...

Here are some PM copies just so it is not simply my word.

88pathoffroad

Rating: 5

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:Tranny, May 23 2006, 10:16 PM

Forum Administrator & Owner

Group: Admin

Member No.: 3

$800 would be steep for me right now, but if I knew some of it was comming back soon, it could be done... Have you looked at it, can you turn some parts around ??? Just buying the tranny would be good, but then you need all the hydraulics, etc... Wait, you are not talking about another autotragic are you ?? Give me a low down, eh ?

We haven't chatted for a bit. I hope everything is cool with you..

beer.gif

B

I was kidding about the money bit, man. And yes, it's an auto, but for $800 I would get the whole Pathy and it has headers! The tranny was rebuilt not too long ago also. biggrin.gif I'd have a spare engine, suspension parts, t-case, rear diff, front diff, everything!

I'm doing OK, just painting with me dad and his buddy Ernie on some condos. I also did some freelance CATV work a couple weeks ago that should pay about $400 for two day's work. I'm hoping for some more of that! That's about it, no big deal, no emergencies.

Talk atcha later!

Cool Bud, I'm glad things are leveling out for ya and hope that you pick up more good $ side work. I'm finishing moving (in with the GF :o ) and now have a 2 car garage in which to mod and invent !! Cool things should start happening soon and yes, I can make you a skid... I haven't forgotten about the bolt drills either. I have 1/2 the carbide I need and have my buddy with a machine shop saving his broken tools for me. I'll be able to complete a set soon.

I wasn't kidding about the $ part though... Your Pathy is still down and needs a tranny, no ? If you could get that pathy, put in the tranny and do some parting out you could even make some profit + have your pathy running... I remember a time before that I offered to help with some cash and you declined. Later you could have used it... No sense in going there again. wink.gif

Consider it a few month loan for most of it. If you can get your truck running/improve it and recoup some $ by selling parts/whatnot from the donor, then I suggest you take me up on my offer. You deserve the help and I mean what I say. Let me know what you decide. PM is cool and ######### is my home phone for the evenings...

Think about it and don't be a proud fool... biggrin.gif

beer.gif

B

To be honest, I was pretty much expecting to see this "wrecked-Pathy-with-rebuilt-transmission-for-$800" opportunity slipping away and never finding anything remotely like it again, at least not in the near future. I mean, really...just a rebuilt transmission worth $1100 and headers alone are worth nearly twice that.

I'll take you up on that offer, Bernard. Thank you. This is the best thing anyone has ever offered to help me out with. I appreciate it a goddamn lot. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you too, OK?

I meant that the combination of trans and headers and all was worth way more than the asking price. I can pay you back half in a week when I get paid, and the other half within a month or so. My checking account # is ###### and the routing # is ######. Thank you so much, B. This is going to be such a great help to me. I appreciate it a ton.

88pathoffroad

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:Tranny, May 26 2006, 03:55 PM

Ok,Np...

I have...

Aaron Wiltsey

Washington Mutual

CA#####

RT#####

Just get back to me if thats wrong somehow. Otherwise I'll transfer it tomorrow.. beer.gif

B

That's about it, I guess. Looks fine to me. You see the pics in the poho thread? Nice hearty smash to the front end, but otherwise a match to mine! biggrin.gif

Yep, I saw the pict... Thats exactly the vehicle you needed to find !! thumbsup.gif

A certain great wonderful warm-hearted guy is loaning me money short-term so I can buy it before it gets away from me, so thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated!

Knock it off, no one likes an ass kisser... judge.gif If I bought the truck, towed it to your house and swapped the trannys for you, THEN you could kiss my ass... biggrin.gif

I deposited a check for $800 in your account at 11am today. It may take till next week to clear, but it's done... Good luck with the work.

Oh, the only reason I'm helping you out is because it's phucking embarassing for the top 2 people of the site (you and Jim) to not even have a running Pathy... Icky_anim.gif

beer.gif

B

Bah, jackass! True, though. It already went through, so I'm all good to go get it tomorrow! Woohoo! Thanks again, B. Did we ever discover if my AC components would work on your Pathy? Cause I don't really need mine, you know? I would think they'll all fit.

88pathoffroad

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

LTNS, eh?, Jun 29 2006, 01:03 PM

Hey man...

I know I said I would be paying back $$ sooner than this, but with the stupidity of ME getting the better of me again, ...yeah. I'm still working, not gonna run out of paint for the summer, and I listed 11 Ebay auctions the other day to help generate some revenue. You will be getting $$ ASAP, OK? I didn't want you to worry or think I'm being a deadbeat. Thanks again, and did you need a set of lights for your Pathy? wink.gif Send me your address again, you may get a surprise in the mail one day!

-Aaron

88pathoffroad

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:Parts car, Nov 23 2006, 12:54 PM

Hey there Aaron. Been too busy lately to spend much time on line so I've missed a lot. What ever happened to your parts Pathy ? Did you get your beast running or what ? Hope things are cool with you. beer.gif

B

Bernard! Hi. Still got it sitting in the rain outside, most of the good stuff is off of it, and I have half the money ready to go back to you! My 88 is still in the garage, etc, but I did get the parts I needed to finish it. After the shift kit is installed I'll be damn near ready to roll again. biggrin.gif Hit me back with some info on how I should go about sending you moneys and we'll get it in motion.

88pathoffroad

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Merry Christmas, Dec 9 2006, 07:06 PM

B, do you need anything else for your Pathy that I can send at the same time as this $400 money order? Sorry I haven't sent it yet, been really busy with work and family stuff. I have the spark plug tool ready to roll, but do you need just the socket itself, or the socket and the extension deal that goes with it? Let me know!

-Aaron

88pathoffroad

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:Been a long time, Sep 4 2007, 05:09 PM

Hey Aaron, I hope things are good with you. Haven't been around much, it's been a busy summer!!

I haven't heard from you in about 9 months, so I figured I'd better check in. It's been about 16 months since I helped you out and I'm starting to wonder whats going on.

Hell, I don't even know if you ever got your truck on the road. Anywho, get back to me, would you? We need to get something worked out. Thanks Bud.

B

Hay B!

I'm just paddling along trying to stay afloat...the Pathy's still in the garage. I can put the other trans in it but I REALLY wanted to get the shift kit put in first cause of the whole disassemble-the-trans-to-put-a-shift-kit-in thing, so that's why it's not done yet. I really do regret not sending you the $400 I had a while back, the rent was a month late and I had about $200 a week paychecks coming in due to rain (cause I've been painting), so...yeah. I'm sorry. I'll do my goddamn best to save all the money I can and just plain send it to you a piece at a time, if that's OK with you. Minimum of $100 at a time, if that's OK. I haven't had extra cash for anything besides fixing the tan van so I can go to work since a long time ago. Tranny went out, power steering's leaking, brakes are shot, etc. sad.gif No PIAAs on Ebay for me(not for a long time), no misc purchases of frivolous items aside from a few rocks, you know? I'll knuckle down and save. I can call my buddy Derek and see about working weekends with him, he's most always got something going on that I can do for a few extra bucks.

I see from misc posts here and there that your work is having it's way with you too, are you doing OK otherwise? Talk back!

-Aaron

Ok, I think that is enough. Simply put, Aaron took $800 of mine as a loan and decided there was no point in paying it back. If he had set aside 68 cents a day, we'd be square... :rolleyes:

Make sure that if you have any financial dealings with him, you proceed cautiously and with all safe guards possible!!

I'll leave it to the NPORA staff to police this as they see fit as I am clearly posting from the vantage of a member who has a legitimate dispute and warning, not as management.

B

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people have been contributing to the web site fund which goes directly to Aaron. I hope that money is being used as intended and not going to end up being used to repay debts (sorry B).

I know a lot of people have been contributing to the web site fund which goes directly to Aaron. I hope that money is being used as intended and not going to end up being used to repay debts (sorry B).

X2

I have to admit, 88's title stating he's the "owner" of NPORA is a little insulting. I've contributed $$ a few times over the years, and I know for a fact Slick kept the board running for a while on her own, not to mention Red, and others.

88, pay off your debt....not cool after someone helps you out to the tune of $800.

Sorry to hear B, hope things work out in the end.

Its a good thing I don't have any spare cash (the missus makes sure of that), because I am the sort of person who will lend without thinking.

Good point, and I would not want that myself. Since he has no intention to pay me back, the concern should probably be if he is paying his PG&E/cell phone bill with it.

Did any one get a true independent accounting of deposits and debits for the site???

X2

I have to admit, 88's title stating he's the "owner" of NPORA is a little insulting. I've contributed $$ a few times over the years, and I know for a fact Slick kept the board running for a while on her own, not to mention Red, and others.

88, pay off your debt....not cool after someone helps you out to the tune of $800.

I guess that means he is legal owner, be it through 'investors' funding it. Seeing that he is Mod Or Admin for 1/2 a dozen sites, maybe that is just bragging rights... :shrug:

Sorry to hear B, hope things work out in the end.

Thanks Dave, I'd love the $ back. It's a ARB bumper or headers and cat back system or suspension lift, etc that I don't have but would like... :blink:

B

B, what a patient man you are.

amazing.

As a parent, I strongly suggest that you man-up and ask your dad for help bailing you out of this situation either by loaning you the money to refund those who you owe

well said there and very much applies here. i sure couldn't have said that any better.

hope 88 gets on this immediately and makes this right. please Aaron.

good luck.

Did any one get a true independent accounting of deposits and debits for the site???

I think it was requested but swiftly side stepped...he doesn't owe me $ but if he had the keys to the city for this place and is misusing the funds then :stickwack: (dammit someone enter the hammer dude or the stick whack guy other than redfinder im tired of trying to figure it out)

But yea anyone who owes $ be it $5 or $5000 needs to just be honest and man up and start making payments or doing something to correct the situation...

and i got upset about some free stickers and $10-$20...i'm ashamed of myself...

Hope you get the $ you are owed B...and maybe some compensation...loan sharking for free sucks...

Edited by Precise1
Helped with the stick wack guy...

Wow...

For the sake of the integrity of the forums and a general belief in the fairness and honesty of the admins/mods/owners/staff, I hope this gets cleared up quickly.

I sent contributions when I read about the hosting fees and stuff. Heard back from him immediately and he seems like a real nice guy. I'm sure it all went to the forum but, frankly, nonprofits run on trust. So even though things may be totally fine and understandable, this really needs to be clarified just to keep folks donating to NPORA and keeping it alive...

Edited by GoPathyGo

I certainly did not intend to accuse Aaron of misuse of donated funds so please do not take it that way. I was simply bringing up awareness. I have never had any issues with Aaron. In fact, he has sent some really cool things (rocks and stuff) to my kids who like that sort of thing. I know he has had employment struggles but would hope that he would be tightening the belt a bit and at least making payments against his debt.

and B... when I hit the lottery big on Saturday, I'll clear the issue by sending you a grand ($800 debt + $200 for being patient) and Aaron can be off the hook. If I don't win, blame the bitch at the grocery store for selling me the wrong ticket.

If I don't win, blame the bitch at the grocery store for selling me the wrong ticket.

:rofl: I nearly got a new laptop out of that one. Coffee almost hit the keyboard. :lol:

I certainly did not intend to accuse Aaron of misuse of donated funds so please do not take it that way

No I didn't take it the wrong way and the forums have stayed up and I think they will b/c didnt he say he bought a liftetime subscription?

I certainly did not intend to accuse Aaron of misuse of donated funds so please do not take it that way. I was simply bringing up awareness. I have never had any issues with Aaron. In fact, he has sent some really cool things (rocks and stuff) to my kids who like that sort of thing. I know he has had employment struggles but would hope that he would be tightening the belt a bit and at least making payments against his debt.

and B... when I hit the lottery big on Saturday, I'll clear the issue by sending you a grand ($800 debt + $200 for being patient) and Aaron can be off the hook. If I don't win, blame the bitch at the grocery store for selling me the wrong ticket.

I merely pointed out that it was much more likely than Aaron using the fund to pay me back but part of his rationalizing was that proceeds from the truck went to bills instead of me. :shrug:

Well, in that case, I hope you win. You paying me still wouldn't address the issue though, would it?

B

Gee, thanks, B. Very subtle.

I'll admit, this is very very long overdue and I am sorry the need for this has come.

To begin with:

ppalbalance509.png

It's all there, I'm not spending donated funds on ANYTHING personal. 'K?

I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry and I've been freakin broke for a long time. I'm not backing out on what I owe B, I simply don't have it. $20 is a large amount for me right now, much less $800. I never should have taken it in the first place... I had such high hopes of being able to pay it back right away and things never worked out. I am properly ashamed of myself and I'm not taking pleasure in denying B his money.

I actually did have a $400 money order to mail when I sent that PM...then my power was shut off and I had to use it to get the power turned back on. That's why it never went out in the mail.

I still don't have a running Pathy. Just a hulk in the garage taking up space. I told myself I wouldn't fix it until I paid B back...no spending money on it, etc...

Ok, to begin with:

ppalbalance509.png

It's all there, I'm not spending donated funds on ANYTHING personal. 'K?

I don't know what else to say except I've been freakin broke for a long time. I'm not backing out on what I owe B, I simply don't have it. $20 is a large amount for me right now, much less $800. I never should have taken it in the first place... I had such high hopes of being able to pay it back right away and things never worked out. I am properly ashamed of myself and I'm not taking pleasure in denying B his money.

Way to go, dude. Character shows and it takes a lot of guts, honesty and self-respect to say what you did. :aok:

Now, let's get back to Pathydom!!!! :itsallgood:

Edited by GoPathyGo

I hate to say it, but can you please change the title to 'dead' instead of deat? I know it's sad that it should, but it's really been bugging me all day.

No offense to Aaron or anyone else here, but it seems a long time has gone by with no resolution. This should be handled the same way as Alex's thread....stick around until it's solved. That said, there's a difference here, in that Aaron has mine, and a number of other people's money here, in his Paypal account. Now, I sincerely do not believe that he would take from us, or NPORA, however, if a time should come where he may need his hydro or gas turned back on.....I don't know. That would be a very similar situation as what happened to B's money order.

Just my .02.

What about just closing the thread and letting Precise1 and 88PathOffroad sort it out privately ?

I suppose that is fair. As per the other thread - B and 88 can post in this thread. If anyone else has any burning issues to add to this thread, please PM a mod/admin.

B & 88: you can reopen the thread as you wish... hopefully things can be resolved. Updates are always welcome.

how can you even utter that?

I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry and I've been freakin broke for a long time. I'm not backing out on what I owe B, I simply don't have it. $20 is a large amount for me right now, much less $800. I never should have taken it in the first place... I had such high hopes of being able to pay it back right away and things never worked out. I am properly ashamed of myself and I'm not taking pleasure in denying B his money.

I actually did have a $400 money order to mail when I sent that PM...then my power was shut off and I had to use it to get the power turned back on. That's why it never went out in the mail.

I still don't have a running Pathy. Just a hulk in the garage taking up space. I told myself I wouldn't fix it until I paid B back...no spending money on it, etc...

that sure seems like a rash of excuses.. as i see it B has been more then patient and accommodating. he's the one taking a chance on you and all he got was a runaround.. now it seems like more of that.

but, i'm glad you responded.. a step in the right direction.

--------------

to be fair, i must say that in the one deal we made long ago, everything was peachy.

I suppose that is fair. As per the other thread - B and 88 can post in this thread. If anyone else has any burning issues to add to this thread, please PM a mod/admin.

B & 88: you can reopen the thread as you wish... hopefully things can be resolved. Updates are always welcome.

i'm going to move this thread to the dispute resolution area. as with the other recent thread.

Subtle didn't work, Aaron. :shrug:

This has been bothering me for a while and with the recent thread of several people in a similar position it made me realize that all such situations need to be made public so no one else is affected.

No, this wasn't subtle but nothing like it could have been either.

As per PMs we have had, I sort of understand your position yet I am still fed up with this situation, but I don't wish you ill. The principle here is just as important as the $ and I believe you know that.

3 years is a long time to never make good on any promises, the most recent was 2 months ago...

I've had bad luck or been down, it happens, but at some point things turn around or you turn them around. Hell, the fry guy at BK could have paid this back by now.

I think you need to pull yourself up by your own boot straps, so to speak. I think you owe that to yourself more than you owe it to me.

I didn't think you were dipping into the site fund but accounting is a good idea.

Aaron, they don't shut off your power because you are 3 days late, you must have seen that coming...

Now, let's get back to Pathydom!!!! itsallgood.gif

That thread is just a few doors down on your right...

B

Simon: my water was shut off for a week one week ago. I didn't touch the money then and I won't in the future. I actually filled buckets at my brother's house and walked them over so I could flush the toilet and wash stuff.

B... I know where you're coming from and I understand. Again, I'm sorry.