Pathy vs. Cherokee

97pathfinder4x4

I don't know what the hell your problem is with me, but work that crap out, you just make yourself sound like an idiot...

I don't have a problem with you, just your better than everyone else attitude.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, please just let it go.

Thanks...

B

awwwwe, before I could respond...well in my defense I was stating as a comparison between the two models that I HAVE and have spent a lot of time driving in, therefor I feel that makes me qualified to speak on a comparison, if you beg to differ that is your prerogative...

Mhhhhhmmmm. Some coorporate leaders deserve a good :stickwack:

I totally agree with that one, but I do think it works out for some brands...however I do prefer to see more of what Honda/Acura are doing with their models now, more of a similar structure but totally different bodywork, engines, suspension, etc, and MUCH nicer accomodations than the Honda vehicles...

Mhhhhhmmmm. Some coorporate leaders deserve a good :stickwack:

Wrong. The corporate leaders are not the ones that need some sense knocked into them. The consumers who will pay the extra money for an identical product with a different brand name slapped on it are.

is that yalls excuse for still driving a WD21?

negative my friend its b/c the WD's are just simply better and need no justification :tongue:

One major draw back for me on an R50 is the unibody...i'd probably go with an X over an R50 but I'm pretty happy with my 1st gen WD

BTW do you have more pix of your truck? looks pretty nice from the one in your sig...

Edited by unccpathfinder

I was stating as a comparison between the two models that I HAVE and have spent a lot of time driving in

Yep. I haven't driven either...

is that yalls excuse for still driving a WD21?

Well, when I was looking for my first WD21, I would have preferred manual door locks/windows/mirrors, but couldn't find any like that for sale so I focused mainly on price, condition and mileage. I liked the WD21 body and that it had a frame. The R50 didn't and looked too soccer momish. I looked at some Xs, but couldn't justify the price.

I don't want leather, seat heaters, climate control, GPS or any of that crap. Call it personal preference... :shrug:

*happy with my WD21, happier after more mods*

B

For the record, this is a forum, which welcomes differing opinions and ideas. Thanks Lax for expressing yours; debating things isn't meant to cause problems and as such your "attitude", as GG put, is not an issue for me. It's good to read up on what other people think of the Pathfinder, which probably explains why all of us who drive 'em are looking for something more than a simple, junky, cookie-cutter 4x4.

All of us on NPORA are on common ground as we all own and enjoy having these trucks.

But I digress... Back to the topic at hand, I'd take a Pathy over a Jeep any day of the week. :aok:

I kind of agree, its wierd pulling up to a QX4 in my 97 and knowing mine is almost exactly the same and cost a lot less, but I'm sure they make good sales for both with the people who want to pay the name premium of Infiniti :shrug:

Its not just the name... FYI infiniti QX4's dont come with cloth, don't come in manual, etc

PS in my area, QX4's are actually cheaper than Pathfinders of the same year. It's bizarre. I think it's because people aren't really all that familiar with QX4's.

Edited by FUELER

Its not just the name, its leather and power everything.

PS in my area, QX4's are actually cheaper than Pathfinders of the same year. It's bizarre. I think it's because people aren't really all that familiar with QX4's.

Or because Pathfinders look better. :tongue:

Its not just the name, its leather and power everything.

QX4s not only gets you a status vehicle, it bumps you ahead of standard Nissans at the dealership service department. At least at the stealership near me.

Its not just the name... FYI infiniti QX4's dont come with cloth, don't come in manual, etc

WOW!! So they are more expensive and less desirable??

QX4s not only gets you a status vehicle, it bumps you ahead of standard Nissans at the dealership service department.

WOW!! So the owners pay dealer rates?!? :blink:

B

WOW!! So they are more expensive and less desirable??

WOW!! So the owners pay dealer rates?!? :blink:

B

If you can afford a brand new Infiniti, dealer rates are not likely a concern.

negative my friend its b/c the WD's are just simply better and need no justification :tongue:

One major draw back for me on an R50 is the unibody...i'd probably go with an X over an R50 but I'm pretty happy with my 1st gen WD

BTW do you have more pix of your truck? looks pretty nice from the one in your sig...

hehe, admittedly, i've been looking for a 2dr WD21 for the longest time now. i just can't seem to find any in 4x4 and good condition. the frame and ease of modification definitely leaves me wanting when i price out aftermarket parts for my unibody Pathy. :D

here she is at the car wash. i backed it onto the curb to get most of the water to go to the front, so i could vacuum it out. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/alexf20c/DSC06109.jpg

Edited by alexrex20

Wow, this turned into a battle since last time I checked. It's all goeing to boil down to personal preference, where the comparasion is taking place, and driver ability if both trucks are similary set up. You forget you are on NPORA so most people are goeing to say Nissan is better(which I am bias and goeing to agree as well) with a fiew exceptions. Go to a Jeep board and ask and it will be the other way around. Go to a Ford board and they are proably mostly goeing to tell you buy a Ford with a couple actually picking one or the other. And how did a wd21 vs. r50 thing start here? Don't that normally happen in PoHo?

It's all goeing to boil down to personal preference

Jeeps are garbage, Nissans have some class. Get a freakin' 4runner before you get a Jeep.

I think Jeeps definitely have good things about them (4.0L wheel-spinning horsepower, offroad capability, huge aftermarket) but their small and cheap interiors with toys-r-us buttons, garbage reliability, and overall cheap quality make it a terrible decision in comparison to a Nissan or Toyota SUV of the same year. If you have ever driven 90 mph in a Cherokee then you will know exactly what i am talking about, it doesn't even compare to the well-designed, precision-tuned "Jap-crap" that we are so used to.

To each their own. But i wouldn't ever buy a car from the manufacturer who tried to *my "vocabulary" is so small* their own consumers with the controversial, 15 gal vs. 20 gal tanks (same tank different vent hoses) in the Wrangler. Thats a ridiculous history.

Edited by FUELER

Perfect phrase right there FUELER-to each their own. I have drive most variations of somewhat up to date cherokees and no I wouldn't buy one so belive me when I say I agree completly.

Jeeps are garbage, Nissans have some class. Get a freakin' 4runner before you get a Jeep.

I think Jeeps definitely have good things about them (4.0L wheel-spinning horsepower, offroad capability, huge aftermarket) but their small and cheap interiors with toys-r-us buttons, garbage reliability, and overall cheap quality make it a terrible decision in comparison to a Nissan or Toyota SUV of the same year. If you have ever driven 90 mph in a Cherokee then you will know exactly what i am talking about, it doesn't even compare to the well-designed, precision-tuned "Jap-crap" that we are so used to.

To each their own. But i wouldn't ever buy a car from the manufacturer who tried to *my "vocabulary" is so small* their own consumers with the controversial, 15 gal vs. 20 gal tanks (same tank different vent hoses) in the Wrangler. Thats a ridiculous history.

who spit in your cereal? jeeps may have toys r us buttons but those buttons still engage diff lockers. they're far more capable than a pathfinder so don't kid yourself. i would gladly take a rubicon or diesel overland over a new V8 4x4 R51. the nissan sells for 45k, the same as a grand cherokee CRD Overland. which is more capable? -the jeep.

i dare venture to say that people who buy a cherokee are more interested in crawling at 0.9mph than they are in doing 90mph down the highway.

Edited by alexrex20