Pathy vs. Cherokee

97pathfinder4x4

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

technology wasnt as advanced. i guess

i wish the pathy had more options and parts because i dont know how to fab and all that stuff and sometimes fab work is pretty bad so some options would be nice but not the A$ load like them jeeps have

It is what it is man... Perhaps that's why we are part of a unique group of auto enthusiasts. I see Jeeps modded to the max all the time; very few people turn their heads. My R50's one of only two in Winnipeg with any mods and I get looks all the time. When I fill up for gas, almost every time someone asks me what it is.

Truth be told, I looked at three different Jeeps before getting my Pathy. They're a dime a dozen, I wanted something unique.

Go Nissan!

Heck yes. I would never trade my pathy for a jeep. Its a rare thing to see a modded pathy. I hope I can do some mods to my pathy when I learn some more tools of the trade. Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself?

That's a great approach to take! :aok:

It's always fun to learn and do this kind of stuff. Automobiles are a great way to pass the time! :D

i like how the older 90-95 pathys have the vg30e and because its the same as the z31 300zx motor so there are performance parts out there if u look and wanted to give it more power. But i have only seen one modded pathy in mankato mn and it its mods were fog lights and wheels (which were ugly) As of right now i am the only one that isnt stock in town. All the ones in town seem to be pretty beat up, stock, and rusty. same with the 300zx no one has these cars in good shape around here its werid. It would be nice to know more pathy or z folks in the area.

i like how the older 90-95 pathys have the vg30e and because its the same as the z31 300zx motor so there are performance parts out there if u look and wanted to give it more power. But i have only seen one modded pathy in mankato mn and it its mods were fog lights and wheels (which were ugly) As of right now i am the only one that isnt stock in town. All the ones in town seem to be pretty beat up, stock, and rusty. same with the 300zx no one has these cars in good shape around here its werid. It would be nice to know more pathy or z folks in the area.

Basically a Japanese car's life in the Rust Belt my friend... :unsure:

LOL, yup. We early model R50 owners supposedly got the short end of the stick... I still fail to see how. :scratchhead:

Not just in terms of performance, EVERYTHING is nicer on my 01 compared to my 97...the interior in the 97 seems archaic when comparing, the steering feels quicker to me, better headlights and foglights, etc...

Not just in terms of performance, EVERYTHING is nicer on my 01 compared to my 97...the interior in the 97 seems archaic when comparing, the steering feels quicker to me, better headlights and foglights, etc...

That should go without saying, Lax... Nicer is only relative to the fact that it's a newer vehicle, i.e. improved technology, parts, performance, etc.

I wouldn't go as far to call the early model R50's 'archaic' though. :scratchhead:

I think how a vehicle is maintained plays a huge part, too. What's the mileage on your '97?

how often?

I try to wash it once or twice a week its really salty up here so i try to keep that off. I spray the body and the frame and the whole underbody just to make sure i dont get holes rusting through my floor.

That should go without saying, Lax... Nicer is only relative to the fact that it's a newer vehicle, i.e. improved technology, parts, performance, etc.

I wouldn't go as far to call the early model R50's 'archaic' though. :scratchhead:

I think how a vehicle is maintained plays a huge part, too. What's the mileage on your '97?

I think it is probably just more to his plush, candy assed liking. I had sat in an 03 model at the car show and thought it was disgusting, if I wanted to sit in that crap I would buy a freakin' Cadillac. Same with the Titans and new Frontiers, you can't get them with a more utilitarian interior, instead they are full of useless crap. :thumbsdown:

...03 model at the car show and thought it was disgusting, if I wanted to sit in that crap I would buy a freakin' Cadillac. Same with the Titans and new Frontiers, you can't get them with a more utilitarian interior, instead they are full of useless crap. :thumbsdown:

Couldn't've said it better myself. I'm not one for making something into something it's not

Edited by kingman92010

I think it is probably just more to his plush, candy assed liking. I had sat in an 03 model at the car show and thought it was disgusting, if I wanted to sit in that crap I would buy a freakin' Cadillac. Same with the Titans and new Frontiers, you can't get them with a more utilitarian interior, instead they are full of useless crap. :thumbsdown:

I don't know what the hell your problem is with me, but work that crap out, you just make yourself sound like an idiot...

And Teka...my 97 has 125k vs. the 01's 92k... its not so much new technology that makes the difference, its is the general layout and materials used that make the difference. The leather in my 97 is horribly stiff and hard, the gauge cluster is boring as can be, etc. The 01 just seems so much more modern, especially the design and material on the cloth seat (vs. Dan's 99)...I am not saying the 97 is bad, just that the 01 is better in almost every way (the front bumper sits about an inch lower and there are less places to put switches to make it look "stock"), I wish I could keep my 97 but there is simply no comparison between the two. The 97 has been superbly maintained, I'm gonna miss the more rugged styling it offerred, but thats about it

Couldn't've said it better myself. I'm not one for making something into something it's not

Consider what the Pathfinder is, it is Nissan's premium SUV, so naturally it will have more features that are certainly not useless, just something a narrow minded person can pick out and say are useless to make themselves seem even more narrow minded...

In terms of the Titan and Frontier, I am not sure how much the low models come with, but I do think a basically "stripped" model should be available for contractors and people who simply don't want features in their trucks...

Consider what the Pathfinder is, it is Nissan's premium SUV, so naturally it will have more features that are certainly not useless, just something a narrow minded person can pick out and say are useless to make themselves seem even more narrow minded...

Should have left anything premium to Infiniti.

I kind of agree, its wierd pulling up to a QX4 in my 97 and knowing mine is almost exactly the same and cost a lot less, but I'm sure they make good sales for both with the people who want to pay the name premium of Infiniti :shrug:

I kind of agree, its wierd pulling up to a QX4 in my 97 and knowing mine is almost exactly the same and cost a lot less, but I'm sure they make good sales for both with the people who want to pay the name premium of Infiniti :shrug:

Mhhhhhmmmm. Some coorporate leaders deserve a good :stickwack:

Edited by kingman92010