SC88Pathy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am considering....

New to this, so - no limits on $$? There must be a guideline or rule of thumb? $20? :shrug:

I would hate to say I don't want to ship across the border, cuz I think most Americans I meet are great folks!... but that does create issues - I wouldn't want a gift to end up costing the recipient federal excise taxes and brokerage fees, know what i mean?

Bow Tied, I was able to get around that by purchasing my gift online from an American company, and had them ship directly to the recipient.

I had mentioned to Andrew, that people shipping to us canucks, should try to avoid UPS if they can, and also, be sure to make the package as a gift, so we dont get hosed with customs / duty. That worked out fine for my Santa last year.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not really worried about all the shipping issues, thats mainly because the sipping will be nothing compared to all the unpaid parking tickets I plan on sending to my person. :tonguefinger:

Did I miss in previous posts a dollar value guideline?

Sorry I never posted that:

Generally the rule is don't be a cheapskate.

I understand that times are tough right now, but your gift really shouldn't be worth less than $10. Now that doesn't mean that you can't get creative. If you can make something cool and you think your santa-ee will enjoy then by all means make it! HOWEVER you better be CERTAIN that the person you're giving it to will like it! If you're not sure, ask someone before you send it! (Feel free to ask me if you don't know who to ask, I'll find out for you without revealing any info to your santa-ee)

I'm going to update the first post with some general guidelines asap