Secret Santas 08!

SC88Pathy

PLEASE PM ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AND THE NAME YOU WOULD PREFER ON THE PACKAGE!

GUIDELINES

(Note Santa means the person giving the gift, Santa-ee means the person receiving the gift)

1. Don't be a cheapskate! The minimum gift value should be $10 (before shipping), there is no maximum. However if you're a creative person and can make something cool that you think your santa-ee would like by all means go ahead! Once again don't be a cheapskate, that painting you made in high school art class just won't cut it. Make sure that your santa-ee will enjoy it though! If you're not sure feel free to ask someone who knows your santa-ee or ask me and I'll find out for you somehow)

2. All gifts should be received by Dec. 24! There are people from around the world participating in this, so if your santa-ee doesn't reside in the same country that you do make sure to send your package early! If you think your gift might not make it on time let me know ASAP as there will be consequences for delinquent santas!

3. THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DON'T SEND A GIFT! I suggest getting package tracking of some sort to prove that you sent your gift, as we will tend to side with the santa-ee. (Yes this is a guilty until proven innocent system, deal with it)

4. Have fun! Remember this is supposed to be fun for everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!

Suggestions

Here are some suggestions that I have to make your Secret Santa experience most excellent.

1. Don't use UPS to ship to Canada from the US. Apparently UPS is a pain in the butt about international shipments. I would suggest using the USPS, either Priority Mail International, or First Class mail (depending on the size of the package). Of course any suggestion your specific Santa-ee has should take precedence over my suggestions.

2. Keep all receipts! Now I'm not saying that anyone will accuse someone of not sending a package when they actually did, but keep your receipts (especially mailing receipts). If you're using the USPS to ship your package get delivery confirmation. Any other service get package tracking. Also if you're using the USPS and have your own scale use paypall shipping! You get the same rate you would from the post office but Delivery Confirmation only costs 18 cents!

3. Give your Santa a break! Post a wishlist of some sort. This can be done in a number of ways. Post a list here of things that you like! For example:

Hi Santa!

Here are the type of things that I would love to receive as a gift. I'm an avid photographer so anything photo related would be cool. I currently have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi, a Canon Powershot S3IS, a Kodak Instamatic (if you buy me film for this I will give you so many hi5's), and an older Nikon 35mm SLR (fully manual). I'm an avid gamer, I have a PS3 and I just got a Nintendo Wii. I love movies of all types, foreign films especially (specifically foreign action and comedy) And obviously I love my pathy and everything offroad. I wear a size large shirt from most shops (medium if they do "comfort" fit or "fat american" fit as I call it).

You can also make a wishlist on many major websites and then link to it. Amazon has the most robust selection and wishlist functions IMO. You can link to it in your sig to make it super easy for your santa to find your list.

Edited by SC88Pathy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you taking care of all the organizing?? Nismoskyz did it last year, but he's 95% MIA these days.

Yes I'll do the organizing

For the best really since I don't have any money right now (I don't even know how I'm going to buy my family presents... Sigh more to add to my credit card debt)

For the best really since I don't have any money right now (I don't even know how I'm going to buy my family presents... Sigh more to add to my credit card debt)

dude christmas aint all about no gifts...its about family and friends...now that i moved to CA and my family and friends dont see me but once a year for a few days its nice to not worry about gifts just get together with everyone and have dinner together and drink some beers and just relax and enjoy what was taken for granted so much in the past and doesnt happen daily anymore...and money well money is just a bitch...I decided now that the x pretty much screwed me over on the past 4 years of my life i'll do what i wanna do even if it makes me broke so i'm doing it...

this christmas will be the 2nd one in a row that I go home (hopefully we get some paid time off) that no one gets anything but to see me for the holidays...well excpet for my mom and my cousin but thats just some bath and body works crap for the ma and a 1/5th of JD for the cousin and her husband...

anywho...I had a good time with it last year so i'd be up for it...I think the $20 limit (i think thats what it was i donno i went a lil over but they got what they wanted/needed) was good from last year...

Edited by unccpathfinder

dude christmas aint all about no gifts...its about family and friends...now that i moved to CA and my family and friends dont see me but once a year for a few days its nice to not worry about gifts just get together with everyone and have dinner together and drink some beers and just relax and enjoy what was taken for granted so much in the past and doesnt happen daily anymore...and money well money is just a bitch...

anywho...I had a good time with it last year so i'd be up for it...I think the $20 limit (i think thats what it was i donno i went a lil over but they got what they wanted/needed) was good from last year...

Unfortunately I'm around my family all year long, so while xmas is a time to celebrate family and friends I still feel obligated to get at least one nice present for everyone in my direct family.

And last year I do believe we had a minimum limit, no maximum. Heck if someone feels generous and wants to buy an ARB bumper as a gift let them! :lol:

Edited by SC88Pathy

I wasn't here last year, how does this work?

Last year we all signed up, as we're doing now.

The organizer then pulls names from a hat, and matches us all up with another member.

We all PM the organizer our address information.

The organizer will PM each of us the name and address of another member which we are the secret Santa to.

When instructed, we all post a few ideas for our secret Santa.

We then send our recipient a gift we think they will like.

We all get a different Santa & recipient.

ie, k9 was my Santa, and I was Santa to vengeful last year.