Crazy gas prices today...

unccpathfinder

so I get a text at 4:30am saying gas in SC hit 4.29 a gallon so I get up and think @!*% my tank is empty and forgot about the hurricane and go to the gas station...its still 3.81 and i'm happy...so i go to work and come home and its still 3.81...i guess the east coast has been lining up and prices have been going up and up...who else has experienced this today? b.c ca doest seem to be like that today...at least where i'm at

Yup. Went up 15cents a liter while I slept. Could of filled up yesterday but didn't. :stickwack:

13 cents / L here.

The government says they hike ours, and it's not a canadian thing, its because of all of North America. Ummm kay. So far, no one from the states have had the same. P... And the excuses keep coming.

LMAO, they are all playing games with your wallets. They know it, you know it, Bush knows it, Congress... Only way to beat them is to push alternative fuel as fast and hard as possible, perhaps bankrupting the bastages... No mercy, this is an economic war!!!

$3.75/gal here today. I have 2/3 tank but will fill up tomorrow to try to ride out the price spike I expect.

B

13 cents / L here.

The government says they hike ours, and it's not a canadian thing, its because of all of North America. Ummm kay. So far, no one from the states have had the same. P... And the excuses keep coming.

16 cents /l here :ohno01:

the gass station by my house had been about 3.82 for premum. I don't get gass there but I noticed after work it was 3.94

Tacoma, WA

What gas station is that... I went to fill up the 2005 today at the chevron in NE Tacoma, and it was 4.07 for premium

What gas station is that... I went to fill up the 2005 today at the chevron in NE Tacoma, and it was 4.07 for premium

now its 3.98 and its "AAFES" station on McChord AFB. I usually go to the ARCO in Lakewood because its even less there. My wife works near the dome and she says the prices are always higer heading north.

now its 3.98 and its "AAFES" station on McChord AFB. I usually go to the ARCO in Lakewood because its even less there. My wife works near the dome and she says the prices are always higer heading north.

I paid 3.77 at Safeway today.... your wife is right, the further north you go the more fuel costs. I am just south of you in Yelm and work north... Auburn through the Seattle/Bellevue areas.

--------------------

Dude!! That's the same motor as in my '95. They run just fine on regular (87 octane)!!! No joke!!! Do you have that much extra cash or do you just like wasting it? :rolleyes:

B

I think I need to dig up the article about gas octane, how only high compression motors need it and why putting it in a lower compression engine is a waste...

Dude!! That's the same motor as in my '95. They run just fine on regular (87 octane)!!! No joke!!! Do you have that much extra cash or do you just like wasting it? :rolleyes:

B

I think I need to dig up the article about gas octane, how only high compression motors need it and why putting it in a lower compression engine is a waste...

Mom and dads truck, mom and dads money, mom and dads request..... mines back to gettin 87

edit: Btw.... your 95 has the 4.0????

Edited by doughboy

redpath we should go wheelin some time after I get new tires.

Still got a few things to do to my own truck before I can do that again but :aok:

There is a number of us around here, Mr. Pickles, 87Pathy (when he's not in BC), 5523Pathfinder, Doughboy, Packie88 (speaking of him.. anyone hear from him lately??), MadManMike... olivers on this side of the hills now too ...and several others I am forgetting right now :shrug:

Check Out: USA - Northwest States

We're not extremely active in that thread, but at times ;)

B

lol I was just noticing the price. I never pump premium in the pathy tho I have noticed slightly better mileage w/ midgrade but its not enough to overcome the price differance of midgrade istelf so I stick to regular.

Um...no. The VQ series motors (which the 2005 has) is a totally different animal from the VG's we have. They have variable valve timing, and all the toys. They do get better mileage, and have more power with the high test stuff.

You're absolutely right about our motors though, a total waste to run anything but the cheap stuff.