$200 fine + $300 fine

91PathSE

Dude, if I was you, I would fight the reckless driving ticket. Explain the dirt underneath your tire at the moment made it skid or something and that doesn't classify as reckless, state the cop just gave you a ticket and as you was pulling away you got one for reckless. Explain you would never 'disrespect' the law and you are not reckless, *cough*, lol... Whatever happens, whether you are straight, act dumb, be a rebel, the worst case scenario is you simply have to pay the ticket. This is a motor vehicle offense, not criminal matter. If you going to pay it, might as well fight for it. More than likely a 1 or 2 might get dropped and you pay just one. If you fight and lose, you just pay..you are not going to get more fines.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked up N.H. state motor vehicle code[available to anyone ]on internet:

TITLE XXI

MOTOR VEHICLES

CHAPTER 266

EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES

Lights, Signals, Flashers, Reflectors and Flags

Section 266:37

266:37 Spot Lamps and Auxiliary Lamps. –

I. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed 2 spot lamps and every lighted spot lamp shall be so aimed and used that no part of the high intensity portion of the beam will strike the windshield, or any windows, mirror, or occupant of another vehicle in use, except that a spot lamp may be used by a police officer to illuminate the interior of a vehicle being stopped from the rear.

II. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed 3 auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 12 inches nor more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands, with such measurements to be made from the ground to the center of the lens, except that vehicles while used in the winter maintenance of ways may be driven with auxiliary head lamps higher than 42 inches above the surface upon which the vehicle stands provided such head lamps shall be aimed so that the top of the beam of light produced by these head lamps does not exceed the height of a horizontal line which is 42 inches high at a distance of 75 feet ahead of the head lamps of said vehicle.

III. Every spot lamp and auxiliary driving lamp shall be approved by the director.

Source. 1947, 82:1. 1949, 46:1. RSA 263:14. 1979, 203:2. 1981, 146:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1982.

You're cooked . Get over it.

lol. in washignton we have rcw and they have to right them down on the ticket. then when i go home i look them up to see if its worth fighting. but typically i end up hiring an attorney. well worth the 300 dollars. cheaper then your tickets hell get you off of. and it wont go on insurance so your rates will stay the same. also typically if the attorney loses you get your money back aside from like a 25-50 dollar filling fee. so in my mind its well worth the attorney if your over the 300 dollars and i would guess that tehy know the laws better then you and know how to get off of em.

I talked to my Ex Girlfriends dad who is an attorny and hes looking into the laws and $hit. At this point I'm just waiting on court dates and them I'll go from there.

THAT LEADS TO PLAGIARISM AND HOMIE DON'T PLAY THAT BESIDES WHY PASTE IT IF IT'S ALREADY ON THE NET?

Hell plagiarism got me through high school and half of college!

Fight the ticket.....And like everyone's been saying, don't play dumb or ignorant of the law...judges don't like that (been there, tried that!)

THAT LEADS TO PLAGIARISM AND HOMIE DON'T PLAY THAT BESIDES WHY PASTE IT IF IT'S ALREADY ON THE NET?

He's a nice guy and trying to help. He already posted the link, what else do you need?

I think you pissed him off. Try not to. I'm not as nice as he is... ;)

B

Thats kind of what I was thinking, I talked to a bunch of other guys I wheel with up here...and they all cover them for the reason of, "fines" and "cop harrassment".

Ding ding ding we have a winner, When you go to set up your court date tell the bailiff that you want to see the DA not an ADA. Then explain to the DA that you were being harrassed by the cop and explain the situation. I had a friend in HS that was a big guy. Like 5'8" and pushing 275. His parents got him a honda CBR600 for a b-day present, the day he got it he got pulled over for doing 70 in a 35 with out proof of insurance, registration, or motorcycle license (very stupid of him) When he went to court he talked to the DA and stated that the cop was harrassing him for being a "Fat kid on a little bike" after hearing this the DA threw out the case and dropped the charges. (all this really happened, he wasnt just blowing smoke).

So tell the DA that you were being harrassed by the cop and more than likey the case will be thrown out, and if that doesnt work then they know your side of the story and may be willing to drop some of the fines and what not

Edited by csutke

Honestly cops arouns here never really care about the uncovered roof lights. Maybe not alot of people have them but I never got stopped for havingthem yet.

Maybe the cops just have better things to do or they're just never around. They got enough business from damn kids speeding around. Last night my _IDIOT_ friend was at walmart and her mom was coming to go get her at wherever she said she was. She was like "fskc we gotta be home in like under 5 minutes". So she did 120 on the highway from one exit to the other while hitting the governor, barely stopped at the red light at the off ramp and ran it too on "no turn on red" as well as running other red lights, did about 90 on open roads, passed a tractor trailer, etc. We got like half a mile away from the truck and I see blue lights thinking "haha the truck go pulled over" ...wrong. He wants us. 4 cars come, one leaves. She got lucky and didn't even get charged with speeding even though it was 90 in a 45 about. 3 points and a $108 fine.

I love how we had a lunch box full of beer but it was empty when we got pulled over and the cop is like "you got your lunch in there with you?"

About a week ago I was driving down the road, speeding of course and I got Pulled over. The cop being a real a$$hole decideds, that he wasnt going to give me a ticket for goin 10mph over but instead for having my 4 KC's uncovered while on the road. So theres a 200 dollar fine. Well anyway I was pissed so I Left rubber as I pulled away(Plus I was on dirt and my tires spin pretty easily), He pulles me over again 2 minutes later for reckless driving, I got a ticket and a court date for that.

After that I decide that I'm not going to go put covers on my lights because I use them almost everyday for work at home and at work itself.

Last night (about 11:30pm) going down the road(same road), The weather was pretty bad up here in NH, Nobody was on the road so I wanted a lil extra light above my 2 sets of fogs and high beams, I turned on my 4 KC's about 5 or so miles down the road, I see blue lights behind me. I pull over, shut my lights off except for parkign lights turn truck off open window and turn on interior light. Low and behold its the same cop as before, He remembered me too, Now I have a $300 fine for having them on while on road.

So I now have:

$200 fine for lights not beign covered

Ticket not sure what thats going to cost yet

Court date

$300 fine for lights being on

Anybody ever have a similar Problem, or wanna loan me $500, or buy my pathfinder???? :suicide:

Ouch, first ticket for lights, no biggie really. Read up on local regs, hire an attorney, fight it, etc.

2nd ticket for display of rubber = :huh: are you kidding, did you miss that day in class?

3rd ticket, again for lights by same pig, er, cop = you're screwed, pay up.

BTW, how was the weather bad that it required high beam headlights + 2 sets of fog lights + 4 overhead lights? No amount of weather could make it so bad that you should be driving fast enough to out-drive the light of all of those lights. I'm just saying..... slow down?

It was dark, rain, fog, windy, with branches and $hit everywhere, at 11:30 at night, so I wanted some extra lights, its just a switch away...haha. I was only doin about 40 in a 35 that night..so not to bad its not like I was doin 20-25 over.

But oh well I dont care anymore.....

BTW

My local town cops said fight it, for all you guys who said I should

You have the citations on your person, right? What are the NHVC violation numbers indicated on each citation? You can look them up yourself and see if you're cited for violation of existing laws and statutes. If you've been cited for the wrong law, then [that part of] your case will be dismissed. Hopefully you can contest all three citations with one court date.

Years ago I was jet-skiiing on a lake, and was going too fast too close to shore. The lake patrolman cited me for that violation, and I had to go to (get this) CRIMINAL court, because it wasn't a TRAFFIC violation.

Anyway, when I got to court, the judge looked at my case, and took a recess because he'd never seen that "code" in his lawbooks before. When he returned, he dismissed the case because the law that I had violated was a "lake rule" not a State Law, and therefore not enforceable by the court.

Good luck, and next time be extra gentle with the throttle if you're ever near a police officer!

Man this whole situation would suck. I have had my fair share of tickets in my pathy, but never once for uncovered aux lights, and I have 6 of them. This winter I used them several times when pulling people out of the ditch, and once even a stater stopped and asked if I needed a hand. He didn't say a damn word about the lights. Craziness. It just sounds like he was out to get you sense you spun out infront of him. Good luck w/ the tickets. You definatlly should fight the aux light violations. Spinning out, good luck w/ that one. I Hope for your insurance sake they drop them all!

I don't know if NC has BS laws like that but if they do, they sure as sh!t don't enforce 'em. I guess the cops down here have better things to do, like deal with a pretty big dope & gang problem around here, as apposed to what the hell is on top of my vehicle.

Wait, do I smell bacon?... it's definetely a pork product of some sort...

My buddy got pulled over several times for hella's on and specifically pointed up into the line of sight ( to see further down the road)...he was never cited and the cops were just like make sure you don't use those on the road (it was a 2wd truck and thats about the only place they got used) they're #1 purpose was to hold the bumper on but other than that no1 really cared but the light height limit laws in NC seem to be similar to NH but not really enforced...

as far as reckless driving I think you can fight that one...especially if it was raining and you were parked in some mud/wet dirt...reckless driving carries some pretty heafty fines/license loss...I don't see that being reckless driving...I know in NC or at least Fayetteville theres a law for spinning tires...a buddy got it for doing a burnout at a stoplight in highschool...and it was something like a $200 ticket...but I think that would be much better than reckless driving...and is it just reckless or C&R (careless and reckless) b/c i know in NC right now a C&R costs much more insurance wise and points wise on the license...

It may be worth it to do a free consult with a lawyer and they may say hey for $400 we can get all of these tickets dropped and possibly discuss the harassment by the cop b/c I have heard of folks getting tickets dropped b/c they got 2 or 3 tickets from the same cop in the same area in the same week...

Good luck

It's "Excessive Tire Noise" here. Ask me how I know that one.

I've also never been messed with for having uncovered lights...hell, I'd have to order covers separately for mine, they didn't come with solid covers. I did get a warning once for having two sets of fogs on and no headlights at dusk once...I was like..."What's the difference? I can see just fine..." And then there's the time I was driving 70 miles home from work in my van and the headlight switch fried when I turned it on...had to drive home using three cheap Harbor Freight fogs on the bumper, made it home fine. :D