Who has a project that doesn't get finished?

Precise1

Ok, this is a bug that I have had for 4 years. When I bought it, it was driven to my house, but it was in BAD shape other than body/paint/roof (that why I bought it). I cleaned it up, rebuilt the entire front end, converted it to disk brakes, installed lowering struts and strut tower brace, aluminum running boards, etc... The first 2 years I didn't have a garage so working was tough. Now that I have a garage, I haven't done 1/2 of what I did in the first 2 years (other than rebuild the adjustable struts 2 more times). I have a complete upholstery kit and carpet kit waiting in the garage, but when I went to start the car last week, it dripped gas from behind the motor. Fuel pressure regulator probably, but I better replace the entire flex gas line system to be sure. I have the rear drums off (that took a month) to put in new shoes and wheel cylinders, but found out that I have vertical play in the driver side axle (after the CV); bearings, I guess...

It seems like the more work that I do, the more that I find wrong. I'm sure it would be the same or more so if I was driving it, but thats not the case.

At this point, I think I'll have to pull the motor (something I DIDN'T WANT TO DO!!!). Oh well, then I can replace some gaskets/etc... More $ while I want to it drive to to save $....

Well, I did buy it as a project car and it is worth what I put into it (saved ALL original parts for good luck) but that's not the point. I need to get off my butt and get it road worthy!! I just hope I don't 'discover' too many more issues...

So what is your 'never ending' project. Pathy's not included...

B

Picture001-1.jpg

my last lost cause of a project was a 80 pinto, but i lost ambitionn with that quickly. other than that when i can find it i will toy with my eclipse a little(since pathys dont count).

My project is posting meaningful information into threads like this one. It is important to address each person's questions and concerns with a plethera of knowledgable information so that the original poster feels like th...

Some of my model train projects have been sitting for a while, like this conversion of an American RS11 to a Canadian RS18, BC Rail version:

IMG_0551.jpg

The RS11 looks like this:

9725.1211026207.jpg

While the RS 18 looks like this:

CPR1810.JPG

My project has been on hold for about 10 years now. Of course, in that time a Canadian manufacture has brought out a RS18 :(

Some of my model train projects have been sitting for a while, ...

Same, I've been redoing some of my father's Lionel O guage F units into rail lines that Lionel never released. Have had a set sitting and waiting for new paint for almost 2 years now. I just need to order a decal set for it and I'll be ready to go.....

my never ending project? lmfao. finishing 9cutting in) the paint in my hacienda. i painted it last july and still haven't finished....... shame on me :hide:

My project is posting meaningful information into threads like this one. It is important to address each person's questions and concerns with a plethera of knowledgable information so that the original poster feels like th...
You have obviously succeeded, k9... :rolleyes:

B

did you two lose your way to the poho? P...

Come on B, hurry up with that thing, so I can come steal it! :D
definitely looking sweet B.

:(
you so need the get rid of the trailer. lol

Mine IS my Pathy. *cringes*

yeah. me too but mainly because i haven't been a wrenchin' mood in a year or two and things keep happening. i also have a couple of other vehicles that are in the same boat or worse. hell, the city cited me over the heep already once. lol

if this' only related to vehicles then that's it. :):D

See 87 pathy in signature...

~but I have finished recent projects:

~modding my extra 360

~building a couple of RC

~building a couple model cars

~got my salt water tank established and happy (until I just went on vacation and the guy watching it didn't do what I asked so i've lost some inverts and an aneome)

did you two lose your way to the poho?

MZ, are you Mod-ing a Mods thread in the off topic?? Must I come out there and teach you the Polish Heimlich manuver?? :tongue:

definitely looking sweet B.

LOL, you haven't seen it close...

you so need the get rid of the trailer. lol

*snort*

Thats right there with 'nice lawnmower'...

i haven't been a wrenchin' mood in a year or two and things keep happening.

I hear you, Bud. Lets hope we get over it soon, eh?

got my salt water tank established and happy

Dude!! Where are the pictures? Didn't you start the aquarium thread? Post up regardless!!

Ok, the rest of you slackers, post your slack!!! :D

:beer:

B

My dad and I have a few major projects;

first up is a '49 Plymouth Grand deluxe

PICT0161.jpg

second is a '68 Plymouth Barracuda, so far, Ive rebuilt the engine compartment

PICT0162.jpg

Lastly, Is a '74 Plymouth Duster, rebuilt the slant six, and engine compartment so far

PICT0163.jpg

LIFE!!!!

Oh wait, that's a bit to general huh? :D

Ok the yota below, the plan was to have it much further along by now... not just sitting and waiting for new brakes (entirely new, including a disk conversion in the rear) which 90% of the parts are in my closet P...

Much to the disbelief of certain board members :D the Pathy is moving along :aok: Then the yota comes next, I pushed it off until after the Path due to the length of time it will be torn apart. And this now hinges on getting a new place that has a garage to work in since I will be loosing the one I have now.

The '77 Vette that Ali's father left her.

Maybe not so much a project that doesn't get finished as much as never got started.

Its all original with 49,000 miles, but it could use paint, the original rally wheels mounted back on it plus a few odds and ends. I'm debating whether to pop a crate 350 in it or use the original block and get an Edelbrock Top End Power Package from Summit. Prolly decide that once I tear into it.

Coincidently, I finally met the guy in my neighborhood today who rebuilt a turbo 911 from the ground up and he said he would paint the Vette for pretty much nothing. I was planning around $4000 for a spray job so that's definately a push for me to get started on it this summer.

LIFE!!!!

Yeah, no doubt. Don't count on me saying when I'm finished though... :)

I finally met the guy in my neighborhood today who rebuilt a turbo 911 from the ground up

SWEET!!! Of all the cars I've driven, the Porsches are my favorite!! In trouble in the corner? STOMP ON IT!!! :)

he said he would paint the Vette for pretty much nothing.

Nice, waits for pictures....

B

My aquarium right now (this is about a month or 2 ago):

th_DSCN3199.jpg

The Anenome died for some reason while I was gone out of town and then just Friday the yellow tang somehow managed to get stuck against the powerhead sump which killed him but the maroon clown and damsel are still getting along just fine...I have a bit of an algae problem right now b/c the tank got overheated one day which killed most of my snails/hermit crabs and my LFS (sorta local fish shop) closed so I have no where to get anything right now...

But I think I might sale this tank or maybe keep it up as well and get this one:

DSC06866.jpg

the project will be breaking it down and driving it 30 mins to my place and setting it back up without killing all of it.

this tank is probably close to $2k and the guy is going to let it go at $400 since he's being reassigned from Edwards to somewhere on the east coast and just has to get it gone...He's got a really sweet setup:

DSC06867.jpg