Guy with a Murano experiences engine trouble after 16K miles...

88pathoffroad

Nice, 88! Ive had customers like that. I know that some, not all, of the 3.5s can eat a little oil. But if you keep the oil changed regularly, there are very few problems. There is also no way he is getting a new short or long block for $1700. The short block alone is near $6000. Guess he should of bought that Dodge with the lifetime warranty, cause they never break! :laugh:

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

OMFG!!!!....

she deserves what ever she gets...

Fueller thats funny, you volenteering to be the man for her???

sure seems like it eh?

im sorry, chick or not...shes an R-tard. the stupidity of people amazes me. its apparant that she dosent know how oil is related to the engine..yet she goes on to say "it shouldnt have broke JUST because i failed to change the oil" so.....your claiming ignorance...yet your gonna go on to lecture nissan about how it should not have happened. gah its one thing when your wrong..and quite another to go on and on about it and blame someone else for your own mistakes.

haha nah thats just the truf

i got me a great girl, i would never mess wit anyone off the internet!!!

sucks for her, her man knows less about cars than her, thats hilarious

My friend's the manager at Flagstop, a quick lube shop around the area. He had this one guy come in for a regular oil change service and he said "Haven't changed it since I bought it." Turns out the car has 96,000 miles on it. What was worse is that he bought it new. The oil had turned into goop - everyone in the shop was amazed the car still even ran.

The more I read about the death after 15k miles the more I think that my story may be an urban legend! :blink:

Edited by gwhunt23

Fueler you whimped out on us!! She sent me a PM complaining about my post, but I didn't really see what was wrong with it. Do people really wanna hear her bitch about her not taking responsibility and blaming it on everyone else?

my roommate freshman year got a brand new mustang when he was 16...he changed the oil the 1st time when it had 40k on it...still running without any problems which really shocked the @!*% outta me...we were trying to figure out an idle problem (aiv valve was sticking) and i checked the oil and it was nasty black and asked him when the last time it had been changed...he responded withi you have to change it? I only add when its low and thats almost never.

I was like holy @!*% no way...you got to be kidding me

seriously, dino oil every 3k and youll b e golden

amsoil synthetic every 15k miles (WTF), with oil analysis???

Hes spending more and probably getting less, i would think frequent dino oil would be even better