Help me install my ebay impulse buy

Little Mule

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, How's yours coming? :D

It's still in the truck, housing painted black, 2 sided 3M taped to the dash. It's wired up though! :lol:

I'm going to be doing it differently.....I just need time. I'm moving at the end of March, which, should signify me getting my life back after 3-4 months of renovations.

I'll post up some pics once I have finished, no worries. :aok:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I installed the one Tex (TerranoNZ) sent me tonight, not a whole lot to add to the install notes, but there are a couple things I noticed.

1: The wiring on the one I got from NZ was color coded exactly the same as the light for the glove box. So I simply spliced into the leads for it. Added bonus about using them is that they run directly below (attached to the bottom of the dash pad) the Clino's mounting location, so they are very easy to get too :aok:

2: The "nuts" as Nissan calls them (Part #68191-51E0A, See pics below) are available from the dealer. Or alternately you could save yourself some money and just get some from a wrecking yard. They are used throughout the trucks and are the exact same ones used to secure the center instrument panel, to the dash ;)

Huge thanks to Tex for finding and sending me the Clino (and one for my yota) :beer:

And some pics:

Clino-01PreInstall.jpgClino-02DashCut.jpg

Clino-03BracketMounted.jpgClino-04Mounted.jpg

Clino-05Completed.jpgClino-PathyNuts.jpg

Ok I installed the one Tex (TerranoNZ) sent me tonight, not a whole lot to add to the install notes, but there are a couple things I noticed.

1: The wiring on the one I got from NZ was color coded exactly the same as the light for the glove box. So I simply spliced into the leads for it. Added bonus about using them is that they run directly below (attached to the bottom of the dash pad) the Clino's mounting location, so they are very easy to get too :aok:

2: The "nuts" as Nissan calls them (Part #68191-51E0A, See pics below) are available from the dealer. Or alternately you could save yourself some money and just get some from a wrecking yard. They are used throughout the trucks and are the exact same ones used to secure the center instrument panel, to the dash ;)

Huge thanks to Tex for finding and sending me the Clino (and one for my yota) :beer:

"Finding" was not the hard part :rofl:

Looks damn tidy :aok: great job

:beer:

I pull mine out and stare at it from time to time thinking of ways to mount it on my '95.

I have messed with it a lot, its possible but will take time to sculpt a sloped base for it.

I am to lazy.

But at least I have one and YOU dont!

:itsallgood:

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hahhaaa i honestly dont know why you all went to such trouble to get these,

mine came standard in my 91 terry, bout as usefull as a surfboard made of cardboard,

think ull kno if uv rolled ;)

but they do have a certain look factor i guess

hahhaaa i honestly dont know why you all went to such trouble to get these

mine came standard in my 91 terry

Because unlike there... they were never available in North America togo.gif

bout as usefull as a surfboard made of cardboard, think ull kno if uv rolled wink.gif

"Somethings not right here" scratchheadyellow.gif

*looks around*

shrug.gif

*looks at clino*

Oh CRAP! I'M UPSIDEDOWN!!!!! ohno01.gif

Not a lot of us can say we have one wink.gif

hahhaaa i honestly dont know why you all went to such trouble to get these,

mine came standard in my 91 terry, bout as usefull as a surfboard made of cardboard,

think ull kno if uv rolled ;)

We wasn't special and didn't get them on this side of the pond... and they are just cool since they are factory and direct fit (at least the square dash ones)

LOL Redpath xD

well if you're mounting it where I mounted my CB

20833_403678661466_601766466_4847100_2411399_n.jpg

you're right, the vinyl dash definitely won't hold it

I drilled deep with some 3x 3" coarse thread self-tapping screws straight through the vents at random angles and they're holding pretty solid XD

that's if you don't mind putting a bunch of holes in your truck

ALSO, if you can pull your vent covers out, you'll be able to put the wires through ALOT cleaner than I did via another hole in the top dash under or behind the unit...

my vent cover kept cracking every time I touched it so I left it alone.... :/

as for power soruce, headlight dimmer WOULD be the best, but I just spliced into my cigarette lighter

Edited by Manifesto

Now y'all got me searching ebay for one of these I got to have one now! I had a toyota tercel that had one of these. I should have never gotten rid of that car. I have my wife to thank for convincing me to sell it to a friend that needed a car.

James

Yes the tercel was a 5 speed with 4 wheel drive. Normally the front wheels would pull. When you pulled the 4 wheel lever the rear would pull also. When it was in 4 wheel drive it had an extra low gear you could use too. I drove it through a big mud hole with regular street tires on it. the front would lock too, when it was in 4x4 it was very hard to turn on dry ground. I drove it through a ditch once, I came out the ditch at a 45* angle and the front tire was 4 feet in the air before it finally came down and lifted the rear. It didn't have a whole lot of flex! I could still kick my wife in the ass for convincing me to sell it! But then I would never have bought a pathfinder!

Now y'all got me searching ebay for one of these I got to have one now! I had a toyota tercel that had one of these. I should have never gotten rid of that car. I have my wife to thank for convincing me to sell it to a friend that needed a car.

James

bug some of our overseas members as well, they might have some lineups one them as well, might get lucky.

I think I'd rather flip the Tercel on purpose...

Sure would be nice if someone on here knew someone with one of these to make a reverse copy of one from a RHD.

3D Copier

It would just take someone that knows autocad, or another drawing program, to draw it in 3D and then just reverse the image and send it to some cam software and burn Gcode for a CNC mill. I would try but I haven't learned to draw in 3D yet. I'm sure there are some artist on this board though.

James

Edited by JamesRich

The mount is just a sheet metal bracket with different length legs on each side, the twist is that the plastic, cosmetic bottom tray has a taper to it also to this is not so easily modified.

I'll be working it out, but I have far more pressing things to deal with first...

B

• 11 months later...