I am back. MrJim

MrJim

Hi Everyone!

For those of you who do not know me, I am Jim Bennett (aka MrJim) and I am the founder of NPORA. I was a daily fixture here until March 18th, 2004 when I had a life changing surgery and I really have not been on the front lines at NPORA since. I continued to pay for the sites and work with Aaron and other's here to make sure NPORA continued to grow.

So many things have fallen between the cracks in this time period though and I feel really badly about that. For one, I know that many great NPORA folks have ordered items and paid for memberships on the main site where the notifications went to dead email links and so nothing happened. Wow. How much worse can it get than that? It has never been my intention to cheat anyone here or elsewhere and in cases where those people have gone online to ask for a refund, I have honored them immediately. You should know that even though your photos didn't go online and you didn't get your member page, you were a vital part of keeping NPORA online as these random $10 fees helped me to pay the bills at NPORA in some bleak times.

You can now contact me directly to resolve any lingering issues related to refunds, etc. and I will do my best to clear them up as timely as possible.

I have contacted a web developer to looking a complete revising of NPORA's online presence. Part of which would be a completely automated member area so you would not need a person to manually create your member pages etc. on nissanpathfinders.com. My intention is to have it enable you to select photos from your PC and upload them instantly along with your member information. This will make things easier for all involved and we can really start to show the real number of members that we have.

Okay, I will leave it at that for the moment. I will be back soon with more updates.

On a personal note, I have gone through many life changing ordeals in the past 3 years. I was in a bitter divorce battle, got laid off, had some more health issues, etc. As of today, I am in a much better place. I just had surgery last Thursday that I am still recovering from, but that will hopefully be the last of them. I am seeing a new (non-devil) woman who I like a great deal. I am working as a Technical Suport Manager for a small business in Anacortes, WA and things are going okay. I do feel terrible that things got so far away from me at NPORA, but I am back.

Thank you all for your continued support at NPORA.

Jim Bennett

MrJim :beer:

post-45-1172793832.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Jim,

It is good to see you post again, as is the news that your health is improving.

I must also say that direction you have described for Nissanpathfinders.com sounds like it will be a great improvement.

Scott

Howdy sir, welcome back... good to see you, and hear things are turning around for you.

Looking forward to new and positive changes... if there's anything I can do to help with the board/site, let me know! :)

Wow, Awesome, I thought I was actually the first non mod to say hi

Welcome Back, you don't know me, but I am really happy that you are back.

Jed

Edited by Jdpathy

Those of you who knew me personally, should notice that I am half the man I used to be. When I was on the forums regularly, I weighed 348lbs. The photo you see above is me at 197 (taken today). I had some real probems from the surgery in 2004 and I do actually have a mal practice law suit that was just officially served on the surgeon and hospital on 02/27/07 so who knows where I will be financially in a few more months. B)

Welcome Back :aok:

Looking forward to seeing you online more often -bounce- -bounce-

Looks like you might have a little time on your hands, i would suggest some catch up on POHO I, II and III :P

Congrats on the weight loss! I joined after you left, so we don't know each other. I can't wait to see what the future brings for this forum! Welcome back!

NSZ