mileage...what do you guys get?

turbopath

So far I'm getting 12.8mpg with about 80% hwy driving. That's on warn hubs, 31's, and an exhaust. That really sucks. My heep with the 5.2 did better than that around town.

EDIT: This is on a VG R50...I bet you VQ guys get better mileage.

Edited by turbopath

I get about 16mpg with warns, K&N, and 32" AT's. I also have a bad 02 sensor and after I fix that and put on a flowmaster I am hoping for atleast 17.

I do about 60% freeway 20% around town and 20% Santa Cruz Mountains.

12.8 Just plain sucks

16-17 consistently and my commute is all highway...average 80% total miles are highway...that's with a VQ R50, 255/70 AT's and a K&N drop in.

I would check your o2 sensors, switch to synthetic, etc...

Now that they've fully switched over to the crappy Winter gas, I'm only getting about 12mpg.

My last tank (Sunoco...25% Ethanol...bastards!) I got 8.4mpg.

That makes me feel a little better. haha. I can't wait until the winter gas is gone.

I get around 14 no matter what kind of driving I do as long as I dont gouge on the gas. Thats with 32s.

Will o2s throw the ses light? Mine has never came on. I think I need a timing belt. I mean it dont give any trouble but I think 90k is about when they are due and I heard that that can effect milage. Is that true? It would be worth 2 to 4 or 5 mpg to me!

Timing belt won't affect mileage. Either it's in tact, and everything's working, or it snaps, or slips, and your engine (typically) goes bye bye.

100k miles is the change interval on R50's I believe, as it was on later WD21's.

I get around 14 no matter what kind of driving I do as long as I dont gouge on the gas. Thats with 32s.

Will o2s throw the ses light? Mine has never came on. I think I need a timing belt. I mean it dont give any trouble but I think 90k is about when they are due and I heard that that can effect milage. Is that true? It would be worth 2 to 4 or 5 mpg to me!

A bad 02 sensor in an OBDII vehicle makes the computer switch to safe mode which doesn't allow the ECU to learn your driving style and adapt it for optimal mileage and power

A bad 02 sensor in an OBDII vehicle makes the computer switch to safe mode which doesn't allow the ECU to learn your driving style and adapt it for optimal mileage and power

humm, didnt know that, but will it throw my ses light? It has never came on since I have owned it

I had an '03 Frontier 4x4 VG33 with the 4.64's and 31x10.5 Yokohama's and the 5spd... got 14-15 in town and 16-17 on the hwy... even with the bed loaded down and pulling my Z.

My Pathy with the VQ gets 16.5 in town and I've seen as high as 19.5 at 75-80 on the hwy. Right now with all the variables winter throws in, I'm averaging 14.

On the other hand my Z with the original L24 dual carbs and nearly 300,000 miles get a solid 26 on the hwy! :aok:

the gas milage dont bother me too much right now, but when I start school, ill be using about a tank a day! I think Im ready for sports cars again lol. Ill defenatially keep my pathfinder though, under a car cover. Ill be picking up another 240 for the commute and it gives me a good excuse to get it and hop it up (again). :wishis i never sold the first one:

My dad went from the 93 pathy that got 20 average to his 2000 that gets around 16, I guess its because you need to shift around 3500 in that thing to get any decent acceleration on the highway.