What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Used it to recover my Jeep out of my own back yard. :lol:

Had a lot of rain and decided that I wanted to climb a slick hill in my woods. Made it up three or four times before it lost traction and wedged itself on a tree. Left it there overnight and recovered it this afternoon with a "less than amuzed" wife. Man that was fun though! :)

Replaced the sway bar bushings and rods, the old rods were almost warn completely through. Also installed the new Rancho steering stabilizer. All that's left is tie-rods, ttorsion bars and alignment. Getting close to road/trail worthy

My buddies pathfinder today,

removed the damaged bumper, valance, grille, dr. fender, dr. headlight, straightened radiator support using hammer, adjustable wrench and pry bar, installed used fender we got from junkyard, installed hardbody sealed beam assembly on driver side, swapped headlight plugs, temp installed hardbody sealed beam on pass. side, temp installed hardbody grille to check fit, straightened dr. corner (front of hood), adjusted hood rubber bumpers. Removed hardbody sealed beam from pass side and re-installed pathfinder headlight. took pictures of above.

Keeping it in Hank Hill shape- Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil change w/ filter, K&N filter recharge, and detailed the interior. (did scratch and overspray removal yesterday) I love my pathy :wub:

Edited by Karmann

Replaced some leaky cam seals, ran to the store to get the right crank seal because they gave me the wrong one in the right box and did some body adjustments to my core support using a pry bar and my front bumper for leverage.

For the first time in 6 years...

...I closed my hood all the way :)

Before these adjustments it used to sit 1.5" higher than the front edge of the fenders.

Edited by MY1PATH

Nope. Still runs like a champ. :) abs light is on and abs doesn't work. And the air bag light flashes. Other than being wet all is well. Couldn't ask for a better truck. Taking the carpet out tomorrow. So glad the ecu is in the dash on an r50.

Also. A wd would have been dead. The water was up to the bottom of the seats and then some. Damn near up to the center console. Ecu would have been toast. Haha. Helps that my truck is a little lifted. And glad my stereo amps are in th cargo area that is even higher. I'll be getting stuff to make a shop vac snorkel.

When I was still at Pacific Nissan We'd get Nissans that had been partially submerged, we'd strip them down and let carpet and and interior dry and install a new eccu, You'd be suprised how many of the old eccus would still work after drying out

I was able to salvage a radio out of a 88 hardbody the the lifeguards had submerged, when I got the truck in my stall you could see where the water line was half way up the instrument cluster. I pulled the radio and pulled the top and bottom covers and rinsed it out in hot water, took it home that afternoon gave it a soapy bath and rinse. A week later it was working even the cassette player.

Sheesh the ramblings of an old man, see what all you young guys have to look forward to :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Machined another set of tie rod adjusters and put together a 2wd hardbody steering swap with moog centerlink/moog problem solver inner tie rods for my old ladys pathy. Came together beautifully, I'm installing it tomorrow for her christmas present :)

Finally got around to stripping the complete front end I got from Heloflyboy when he did his SAS. I had already used the UCA's, the rear springs and shocks,panhard drop bracket and the Sway-A-Way torsion bars but the rest has just been sitting in the garage for a few months.

Now everything is in bins and ready for replacement parts and it all looks in awesome shape.... All that stuff for 200 bucks! Thanks Heloflyboy!

Tore out the ol ladys entire steering system. The new style lines wouldnt fit the old style steering box so I bored out the banjo ends to fit the large banjo bolts on the 92 steering box. Put in zero play 92 steering box. Putting the rest of the steering in this morning and then both our trucks have 2wd swaps :)

Made sure everything was still dry inside and put another air freshener in it. Thinking about hitting up the Salvation Army or Goodwill for a dehumidifier to keep in it so it doesn't turn into a mold factory.

Replaced thermostat yesterday, today put everything back together, flushed system with flush, added antifreeze, couldn't figure out why I was not getting heat until I realized I forgot the air bleed screw !!, bled the air out, added more antifreeze all good now !!

Forgot, both today and yesterday we had on and off storms so I got soaked both days !

Edited by ahardb0dy

Saw antifreeze in the driveway day after I replaced the thermostat, traced it to a loose upper hose at the radiator, tightened the clamp and washed everything off, it looked OK, no leak I thought.

Next day antifreeze on the driveway again and I can see it dripping, definitely coming from the radiator area, driveway under engine area and skid plate area were dry, no antifreeze at bottom of the crank pulley.

Today, pulled the shroud, re-positioned the clamp on the lower hose, tightened, than spotted something, the brass barb fitting that the tranny fluid line attaches to on the drivers side had coolant dripping from under it, I grabbed the hose and I could move that brass barb fitting, thought that was weird than spotted the nut, removed the tranny line from that hose barb, tightened the nut, 19mm socket, it was loose, put the tranny line back on, wiped everything down, topped off the antifreeze, looked for leaks, found NONE

Installed the fan shroud, topped off fluid again, bled air out, think I am done with it, test drive to storage unit than will check it again, so far nothing on the driveway !

Edited by ahardb0dy