Hobbies.

88pathoffroad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Camping & Outdoors - always been a fan, even when I broke my ankle backpacking.

Offroading - some of you may have heard I have a Nissan Pathfinder, that I get muddy the odd time. (on the way to the grocery store & the mall :))

Photography - I'd like to get more into this... but first I have to learn how to use the camera!

Baseball - I play, but not well, but every team needs it's worst player... I give two teams that player! In the off season, I hit the gym instead.

Graphic Design/Web Design - I do graphic design for a living, but I do like to do some side projects... (without the politics & B.S. that comes with work)

Snoopy - I've been a Snoopy/Peanuts fan since I was a kid (not that I'm not a kid now!) I collect Snoopy stuff, although not very actively, as there is a limit to these things before people group you with the crazy lady down the street with 16 cats.

Other than that, I like to play online, surf the boards, work on the pathy, read, and slack (when I find time)

hobbies? who has time for hobbies? I typically spend all my time either at work, rebuilding my house one room at a time, landscaping, coaching baseball, soccer and volleyball, playing softball and volleyball, shuttling the kids to karate, harassing Pezzy, helping my parents with any number of projects they have going on, breaking up fights between my boys and occasionally catching a couple hours of sleep.

Hobbies ??? Define Hobbies... :D

Well, if it's old, rusty and vehicular, I'll probably work on it...

If it has 2 wheels and doesn't say Harley or scooter, I'll ride it...

If it moves or holds still, I'll shoot it...

If I could get payed for drinking BEER, I'd be rich...

Computers, making things, fixing things, women, beer, cooking, road trips and zombie movies. Definitely zombie movies !! High time I do more kayaking, scuba diving, archery, and biking. I really want to go fishing, maybe I'll get a license today... :shrug:

B

wheeling (working on my cars is not really a hobby, it's a necessity and i have some ability so i work on them,) camping, backpacking, canoeing, hunting, archery, bird watching, big old trees, web surfing/forums, good beer, women, off pavement biking (no mtns. here,) reading and learning, road trips, live music... i also have more seasonal hobbies: gardening, sugaring and a host of others.. thinking of starting a hive in the next couple of years..

k9sar was pretty bang on. Sounds like my household.

Between my home in New Brunswick and beeing in Toronto every other week for work, I try to get a little bit of hunting and fishing when I can. It's kinda neat to be in TO every often tho, I get to check out the Bass Pro when I'm there. :P

Just wish I had my pathy when I was up there to meet other NPORA members and go wheeling. Oh well, some day when I'm rich I will be able to aford a second Pathy for my trips to TO. B)

Denis

Trains are mine (any surprise there, coming from trainman?)

Real ones, model ones (HO scale). Great hobby, can involve historical research, photography, woodworking, electronics, computers, model building and more. Has a great social aspect as well.

I love the outdoors. Backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, trekking, mountain scrambles, mountain biking etc.

I also love working on cars be it my path of the my 75 Camaro. I also enjoy photography, rowing, and college football.

post-25-1128364855.jpg

Hobbies:

Hunting ("modern firearms" as georgia law describes it, no bow)

fishing

kayaking

def. mud riding and im starting to get into a little rock crawling with my offroad club

driving for sure, if that counts as a hobby

..and thats about all my life consists of, lol.

Nice van, aaron. Are you a child molester?

Sorry, but you know the stereotyping!

Need any parts for yours? I'm afraid my '79 chassis will be going to the scrap heap when I'm done with the '87. It pains me as my dad bought it brand new and it has been a part of my life for 25+ years. So many memories...

There just won't be enough left to make it a cost effective runner... Just pay shipping for whatever you want! Heck, I'll tow the whole thing up there if you can make any use of it!

It's in exceptional condition for the age. The grill, bumpers, wheels/tires and entire drivetrain are going into the '87.

Here she is:

post-25-1128370064.jpg

And here's the '87.

I guess you can call this my hobby this year...

Turning this, ummm, rough vehicle into something my wife and I can enjoy driving has taken every free minute! This is what she looked like before going to paint. She's back now, and this past weekend was spent installing all new weather stripping and replacing glass.

Other than the Frankenvan project, we spend time:

Motorcycling (street and dirt), camping, sailing, bicycling, home improving, etc etc etc.

post-25-1128370507.jpg

Camping occasionally and golf. ( Well, more like setting records for # of balls lost in a single round. ) shooting my SKS, making my lady happy, reading the board, tv, enjoying a well-crafted beer (preferably a fine Northwest microbrew), Volvos and now I'm really getting into the off-road thing and I love driving the Pathy in the Cheney snow whenever it gets here :aok:

hobbies:

Before I was married and had kids: 88SE purchased for the soul purpose of FlyFishing for StealHead on the Stilly, Sauk, Skagit, Sky and Snoqualmie rivers with occational detours. With in 40 min of where I was living and working I could be on any of these rivers, and usually was 6+ days a week.

Since moving to Spokane and getting Married: 100 miles one way to fish the Columbia, Snake or Grande Rhonde Rivers.

So now I get to chase Bambi's great grandfather (10 min trip) with the once a year solo trip for the elusive StealHead.

This year with the boys being 9 and 6, we did a lot of lake fishing (some pics in another post).

Soccer, BBall, Wrestling, School stuff.

Project 92XE P...

I loooooove to fly fish also. It really does suck being so far away from any bodies of water where you can find searun fish. Makes me miss the Puget sound so much more.

Snowboarding is somethign I will be looking foward to this winter!!! Thats one one pro I'd say living in Eastern WA, having Mt. Spokane, less than an hour away. Probably like 30 minutes for Casey!

Hey Spokane guys, reply to my post in the NW Chat section.

fishing, snowboarding, camping, internet and video games here and there, i used to make a lot of wine, but not so much anymore. I enjoy watching jeopardy on tv too. Sometimes I go on book reading binges in the winter when the snow is crappy. I basically have lots of different hobbies depending on what season it is.

Hobbies? What is a hobby? Something you do in your free time, I guess. Well, then what exactly is 'free time'? Time where you have nothing to do, I suppose. Then, wouldn't that mean that there can be no such thing as a hobby?

OK, enough philosophical dribble....I've been reading too much DesCartes. P...

I guess my hobbies would include:

Wheeling (and the subsequent wrenching/washing/cleaning/fixing of truck)

Shooting (small annoying animals, large annoying animals, flying annoying animals, targets, skeet, etc...)

Camping (and the subsequent scratching of bug bites....Hey! it helps pass time in long boring Thermodynamics classes...and blood tastes good. :X )

Making Movies (No, not adult movies you sick, twisted b-tards!)

Blowing Stuff Up

Wasting Time here On The Internet...

Beer

Oh, and Beer.

:beer: V !!

Sounds like a few beers should get together and we should join them ! To damn bad you live so far away. Foo !! :D As I had said (and gotten good at)...

If it moves or holds still, I'll shoot it...

Love to swap launchers with ya some time, but I think thats a slim chance... :shrug:

:beer:

B