1. 1. Rate the looks of the Pathy's front end

• Best thing I have ever seen!
    • Looks better than most people.
    • Who cares... it's a truck!
    • Not good, but not bad either.
    • Seen better.
    • What was Nissan thinking!
    • Looks like a dog walking backwards.

Well, it seems that 33% think the front end looks better than most while 27% really don't care. For so few votes, thats a pretty tight cut between the eye candy crowd and the functionality crowd. Personally, I did my homework and chose the Pathy for reliability, price, and looks in that order. I rather like the looks of the WD21, but when it comes to the front end, other people look at it far more than I do. If they think its ugly, GREAT !! Maybe that'll give them doubts as to if they want to get near it... :D

B

I think that if only two options were given, say, pretty or ugly, ugly would have won hands down. It is clear from the poll that very little people voted for the Pathies good looks.

Looks like I was on a winner. :laugh::lol:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this poll could be simplified without making a new one.

As it is the first two are on the “Pretty” end of the spectrum and the last two are on the “Ugly” side.. which leaves the 3 thru 5 as neutrals

So the vote count would be…

:aok: ...............20

:shrug: ............24

:oops: ...............4

Even if you consider # 5 as ugly

:aok: ................20

:shrug: .............20

:oops: ................8

Or if you toss out those votes cast for the middle road

:aok: (1&2) ......20

:oops: (6&7) ......4

That still say’s that the results are not in favor of Pathfinders being an ugly ducking.

What does all this mean? That most people on this board like the looks (or that many voted that way just to irritate V6) :wacko:

But really, it says nothing at all. Why? Because everybody has their own opinion, and thats all that really matters.

***This post is IMO of course sly***

Edited by RedPath88

Personally, I did my homework and chose the Pathy for reliability, price, and looks in that order. I rather like the looks of the WD21, but when it comes to the front end, other people look at it far more than I do. If they think its ugly, GREAT !! Maybe that'll give them doubts as to if they want to get near it... :D

B

Yer giving me ideas to start a new thread on why peeps bought their Pathy... :idea:

As it is the first two are on the “Pretty” end of the spectrum and the last two are on the “Ugly” side.. which leaves the 3 thru 5 as neutrals

That still say’s that the results are not in favor of Pathfinders being an ugly ducking.

What does all this mean? That most people on this board like the looks (or that many voted that way just to irritate V6) :wacko:

But really, it says nothing at all. Why? Because everybody has their own opinion, and thats all that really matters.

They way you read the poll makes me wonder if you live in Florida? Or if your surname is Bush. :D Everyone that voted must be counted! If anything, more creedance should be given to those that took the time to comment too.

Why would you only use 6 & 7 for the negitive? The poll from 3 down is clearly the bench mark for peoples opinions about the looks. Given that 1 & 2 are so specific in what they say.... "Best thing I have ever seen!" and "Looks better than most people." 3 would be the obvious turning point in peoples opinions. So the way I read it is, 20 that think it's nice and 28 that think otherwise.

Let me conclude by saying opinions are never wrong. Why? There are opinions.

Having said that, I was going to do a victory speach but by manipulating the clear and obvious results I fear you would twist my words. :P

3 would be the obvious turning point in peoples opinions. So the way I read it is, 20 that think it's nice and 28 that think otherwise.

I gave several "possible" divisions on that poll...

But I must ask, how can you consider

• Who cares... it's a truck!
  • Not good, but not bad either.

as being votes on the ugly side. One is "who cares" and the other is “not good & not bad"?

Those sound very neutral to me.

Actually, my vote is invalid. I am blind so I have never seen the front of the truck. I just let the seeing eye dog drive it. She barks and whines before she gets in, but I'm not sure if thats good or bad. :shrug: Sorry to mess up the count....

B

Actually, my vote is invalid. I am blind so I have never seen the front of the truck. I just let the seeing eye dog drive it. She barks and whines before she gets in, but I'm not sure if thats good or bad. :shrug: Sorry to mess up the count....

B

LOL yeah it's all just a matter of opinion.. everyone should take the poll as they see fit.

• 1 year later...
Guest SuperSon

It all comes down to "we all love our pathy"

I was going to get a landcruiser but heck id look like one of those frustrated lawyer in it :P

Id say that the pathfinder is a working mans suv.Nothing too fancy but yet it does what an SUV supposed to do.. Its like the bulldog of SUV.Luckily I dont own a Jeep.

The reason that I bought my pathy was for its reliabilty.My brother in laws family all owns nissan and 2 of them are WD21 and 1 D21 and all those are all still running great. Ive seen the pathys reliabilty and performance over the past 10 years on my brother in laws 94 pathy. Drove that like 100 times to San Francisco and back and has never given them any problem and theres times that theyre hauling a 14 footer or a mini camper.

at first I didnt care much about the Pathy coz ive always driven lowered cars but living here in spokane that became more and more of a hassle in the winter time.Couldnt go anywhere when the snow is about 6 inches deep.

Bought my pathy in 2002 and the first time I drove it in the snow on all 4 I was hooked Sure theres a lot more suv out there but I dont want to break my back either paying for that huge monthly payment and insurance.(you guys know what im talking about ;)

oh yeah lets not forget,Our pathy's probably the only suv out there that you can take hunting on a saturday and to church on sunday. :aok: Be thankful we drive a Pathfinder :aok:

Edited by SuperSon

What does all this mean?  That most people on this board like the looks (or that many voted that way just to irritate V6) :wacko:

But really, it says nothing at all.  Why?  Because everybody has their own opinion, and thats all that really matters.

well this is a site for pathfinder owners, who supposedly like thier pathy's

personally, i think it looks like @!*% without a grill, or atleast some squre foggers

Sorry Pezzy, just taking the oportunity to poke a little at the frame challenged.

I've liked the HB/Pathfinder since they came out, the angular shape is what I like.

something is amiss.. i am on the same page as you too... for the most part. :D

You cannot put a 93 Pathfinder next to any of the uber-plush, overfattened, superluxury Mall-Crawlers of today and say it looks even remotely nice. But when you line it up with other SUVs from it's era (pre-95 4Runners, Early Monteros, Rodeos, Explorers, etc.) it takes the cake.

completely disagree.. it beats anything that came out since. ok, g-wagen is just as beautiful. :D

I don't think its bad at all. Its more of a classic style. I like square vehicles (hence my Volvo habit) However there is a good way to make it better. Replace the front of the Pathy with the HB setup: markers, grill and headlight buckets. Throw on some E-code lights and H4 bulbs and you've got outstanding lighting. ;)

This is a better look, IMHO

IMG_1108.jpg

Wow, some of you guys have way to much time on your hands...

The front end of this era of Pathfinder is will definately not win any style awards, but as many of the more creative peeps on this board have done look at it as an open slate.

The whole idea of many of us owning these trucks is to make them ours in the first place. Customize!!! Bumpers, lights, grills, etc... Fab to your hearts content.

If the front end of the these pathys bothers you that much then why the hell would you bother in the first place.

By the time you put a bumper and some lights on the front end of this truck you dont really see the grill, you change the profile (depending on your choice of bumpers, lights, etc...) so...

I am sticking with "It's a clean slate for your creativity" & "Make it your own"...

B)

• 2 weeks later...

True, thank God ! See, this poll is about Pathfinders (you know, with Frames...) not plastic coated mall cruisers, grocery getters and mail jeeps... Sorry, we'll set one up for you... ;)

B

Yeah, at least ours look like trucks and not lifted cars :laugh:

*rolling around the floor holding on to ribs* It hurts. :lol::lol:

I love the look of the whole thing :takebow: It purdy -bounce-

• 1 year later...

:offtopic: It's no Lambragini but I really like the look of the WD21.

The body shape is what attracted me to buy the pathfinder in the first place.

Know it's sacrilege, but it reminds me of the Toyota FJ 60

I remember when I bought my Suzuki Samurai.

Love at 1st sight. I just knew Suzuki purpose built it for rough terrain.

Get the same feeling when I look at a WD21, Sure it's no Patrol either

but Nissan also built it for tough terrain and that's a beautiful thing.

Plus I'm older and now and can also apreciate

that it has quite a few creature comforts my Sami didn't.

I call it my poor man's Range Rover.