• Not good, but not bad either.
    • Seen better.
    • What was Nissan thinking!
    • Looks like a dog walking backwards.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should read my post before YOU sprout off...smartass.

I meant that it seems that it is the general consensus that we like the simplicity of it, the fact that it looks rugged and the overall look of the vehicle. I think Nissan could have done a better job with the grille, but at the time, that was the standard for SUV/Truck front ends. Two Headlights, grille and straight bumper. There was no such thing as a plastic bumper cover on a truck back then. Trucks weren't built for style in the late 80s and early 90s. They were built to be used and abused. They were intended to be simple and rugged. The Pathfinder is the most elegant of this era SUVs, without any doubt.

You cannot put a 93 Pathfinder next to any of the uber-plush, overfattened, superluxury Mall-Crawlers of today and say it looks even remotely nice. But when you line it up with other SUVs from it's era (pre-95 4Runners, Early Monteros, Rodeos, Explorers, etc.) it takes the cake.

I meant that it seems that it is the general consensus that we like the simplicity of it, the fact that it looks rugged and the overall look of the vehicle. I think Nissan could have done a better job with the grille, but at the time, that was the standard for SUV/Truck front ends. Two Headlights, grille and straight bumper. There was no such thing as a plastic bumper cover on a truck back then. Trucks weren't built for style in the late 80s and early 90s. They were built to be used and abused. They were intended to be simple and rugged. The Pathfinder is the most elegant of this era SUVs, without any doubt.

You cannot put a 93 Pathfinder next to any of the uber-plush, overfattened, superluxury Mall-Crawlers of today and say it looks even remotely nice. But when you line it up with other SUVs from it's era (pre-95 4Runners, Early Monteros, Rodeos, Explorers, etc.) it takes the cake.

I can say this for sure. As ugly as the Pathfinder front is it is not as ugly as your model. Nothing added to the front of the late model improves the look.

What is a smartass?

I meant that it seems that it is the general consensus that we like the simplicity of it, the fact that it looks rugged and the overall look of the vehicle.  I think Nissan could have done a better job with the grille, but at the time, that was the standard for SUV/Truck front ends.  Two Headlights, grille and straight bumper.  There was no such thing as a plastic bumper cover on a truck back then.  Trucks weren't built for style in the late 80s and early 90s.  They were built to be used and abused.  They were intended to be simple and rugged.  The Pathfinder is the most elegant of this era SUVs, without any doubt.

You cannot put a 93 Pathfinder next to any of the uber-plush, overfattened, superluxury Mall-Crawlers of today and say it looks even remotely nice.  But when you line it up with other SUVs from it's era (pre-95 4Runners, Early Monteros, Rodeos, Explorers, etc.) it takes the cake.

I can say this for sure. As ugly as the Pathfinder front is it is not as ugly as your model. Nothing added to the front of the late model improves the look.

What is a smartass?

I'm thinking you know this answer :rolleyes:

Not to hinder the point Vengeful but vsicks lives to get rises out of people it actually entertains him. Even when he's proven wrong it's like talking to your wife when she's reading a book -study- she, well he in this case just doesn't listen

:P

What is a smartass?

If you don't like it so much, why don't you get rid of yours? I for one like the looks better than anything made since, but think the 620 and 720 look better.

If it's a face only a mother could love so be it, but there are much more homely vehicles in the world (seen the new Subaru SUV :oops: ).

vsicks lives to get rises out of people it actually entertains him

Um, yes...

Even when he's proven wrong, he just doesn't listen

Not necessarily, he just recently backed down off of the 'toyotas are crap compared to nissan' and admitted he had been out manuvered and actually agreed with the other side... :P

If you don't like it so much, why don't you get rid of yours

He likes it when it is covered with a bull bar and lights.

Not everyone likes the front end as proven by the post, so that is not only his opinion. Everyone is entitled to one... If you dont like what he has to say, fine. No one said you have to reply or argue...

Lets face it, no matter what you think about the Pathy styling, its a he11 of a lot better than the Trooper, so it could be much worse... :shrug:

B

If it's a face only a mother could love so be it, but there are much more homely vehicles in the world (seen the new Subaru SUV :oops: ).

that has got to be the worst thing ive ever seen in my entire life, omg omg :oops: see you made me think about it

Gee, we ned to clear a few things up.

1. GrimGreg. Make up your mind before I start calling you Cybil. Is one uglier or not? You have taken the time to post, so what do you mean?

2. Runnerman, you are only half right. Yes, I like to throw in a line and see what stupid animal bites on it. Some in here actually real themselves in and save the the effort. Its very funny.

As for the "like your wife" I hope you don't speak from experience.

And proven wrong about what? :shrug:

3. P1, I never said I was out manuverd by a @!*%ota. Rescued and saved on many occasions. :oops:

4. Those that took the time to post their opinions about the front end BEING UGLY out number the people that think the front end looks good. So read what is written before you SPROUT OFF! Aslo, they have more pull than those that just 'voted'.

5. The fact remains that I have said I like my front end. :rolleyes: Do I need to PM this to arrogant and ignorant people that do not take the time to read posts before they spout off? Or is it that, they are illiterate?

6. Smartass? Smart = smart, I understand that. Ass = donkey. Are you saying that I am a smart donkey Vengeful? Please clearify this as it is confusing me.

And finally 7. I agree with Killvox. The front of a Pathfinder does catch your eye and is bad. It doesn't mean that it can't be made to look good. :confused:

He's baaaaaaack... :P

Ehem, Mr V6 Sir, allow me to clarify please. My use of 'out manuvered' meant verbally, as in the other post, not what you do in the bush (I don't want to know ;) ) Specifically, when someone called you on comparing your nicely modified rig's offroad ability to that of a stock 'yota. That is when you admitted it that it was not a valid arguement, AND admitted that the stock WD21 pathfinder has serious front end weaknesses that limits it's true off road capability unless addressed. Shall I beat the drum some more ? No, it's unnecessary. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was unclear in the previous post... ;):beer:

And please refrain from :oops: on my rug unless you clean it yourself...

B

Smart-ass means the same as smart-aleck, or "one who speaks in a manner in which is generally taken as either sarcastic, derogatory and/or derisive". No big deal, it's not a real compliment nor is it a real detriment. *shrug*

Calm down, please. That's all I ask. I can see that you're all posting back and forth in a semi-civil manner, but that's enough, OK? Next off-topic or derogatory post will result in this thread being locked. Got it?

Smart-ass means the same as smart-aleck, or "one who speaks in a manner in which is generally taken as either sarcastic, derogatory and/or derisive". No big deal, it's not a real compliment nor is it a real detriment. *shrug*

Calm down, please. That's all I ask. I can see that you're all posting back and forth in a semi-civil manner, but that's enough, OK? Next off-topic or derogatory post will result in this thread being locked. Got it?

Chuckle. WAVEY

1. GrimGreg. Make up your mind before I start calling you Cybil. Is one uglier or not? You have taken the time to post, so what do you mean?

WTF you talking about, care to explain?

I for one like the looks better than anything made since, but think the 620 and 720 look better.

Did you write this grimgreg? It implies that the Pahtfinder front is ugly compared to the 620 and 720. Thus it is ugly! I fail to see how it doesn't imply that.

You seem to confuse yourself with issues. For now on you will be known to me as Cybil. You were warned.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Well, it seems that 33% think the front end looks better than most while 27% really don't care. For so few votes, thats a pretty tight cut between the eye candy crowd and the functionality crowd. Personally, I did my homework and chose the Pathy for reliability, price, and looks in that order. I rather like the looks of the WD21, but when it comes to the front end, other people look at it far more than I do. If they think its ugly, GREAT !! Maybe that'll give them doubts as to if they want to get near it... :D

B

Anyone remember seeing this guy's truck? Custom bumper and grille. I think it looks pretty damn tough. Not a Pathfinder, but it gave me some ideas. Too bad his site is down.

radicalboy's pickup

Thats not a bad looking front. A nice blend of the older nissan lights and a scratched fabbed grill and bar. I liked it.